• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Playstation Recommendations?

So, the other day I picked up a 3DS and PS1. The 3DS doesn't have a quite expansive library yet, so I won't ask anyone for recommendations on those.
However, I'd like to know what you people recommend for the original Playstation. Since I want this to be a thread for everyone, and not just me, please list all genres possible. My PS1 came with the original Spyro and a broken "Disc I" of Dragon Warrior VII. Here are the games I've already set my sights on:
Final Fantasy VII
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
Spyro 3
PaRappa the Rapper
Crash Bandicoot
Chrono Cross

D

DannyPidgeon

Well, you don't seem to have mentioned Final Fantasies VIII or IX. They're also fantastic games for the PS1, they don't deserve to be overshadowed by VII (which is still a great game, in NO way am I not recommending it. But yeah, if you're going to get VII then get VIII and IX as well. And you absolutely NEED to get Metal Gear Solid, Chrono Cross, WipEout XL, Tekken 3, Gran Turismo, Colony Wars.......I can go on, but it'd take forever for me to list all the PS1 titles I love.

jugglaj91

I am me....
If you are into fighting games at all, Tekken is a good series and I liked Bloody Roar a lot too. Never played the second one but I enjoyed the first a lot. Also MediEvil, is a good action, platformer type game. It is a bit on the darker side as it is described as a "gothic classic" on the PSN on which I downloaded it because I liked it that much when I was younger.

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
PaRappa the rappa! I love that game! Definitely get that. Although you may rage on some parts... No, you will rage on some parts.

I would also recommend Crash Bandicoot 2. I still have fun replaying that game.

Back in the day, Crash Team Racing was the Mario Kart of playstation, so you may want to look into that.

Rascal is a pretty interesting game, but I was never able to beat it and haven't played in a while.

Well, you don't seem to have mentioned Final Fantasies VIII or IX.

Two reasons I won't get 8 (for now):
1. I saw Spoony's review of it before anything else.
2. Friend o' mine is getting it for his PSX, so I'll wait for his recommendation.
I have heard a couple good things about IX, but I've not yet spoiled it for myself, so I'm doing the best I can to consider it.

Ganondorf

"Dandori Issue"
Parasite Eve is a good Rpg shooter made by Enix, which I recommend. The Monster Rancher series is good if you want a monster raising sim that's more in-depth than Pokemon. And Bloody Roar is a unique and unusual fighting game that can be pretty fun and satisfying.

And my boyfriend also recommends these and wanted me to post them...:
Digimon World 1 & 2
Breath of Fire 3 & 4
Xenogears
Monster Rancher 2
Azure Dreams
Chocobo's Dungeon 2

well, if you like ALTTP than im sure youll like Blood omen, legacy of kain. its one of my favoite games for the PSX. Its a top down action RPG like ALTTP. you get new wepons, items and such. also you play as a vampire and suck peoples blood to refill health. Its a dark and violent version of zelda.

Justeazy

Todo is the pfuf!
Spyro 3
Crash Bandicoot
No. The original Spyro was much better than any of the remakes.
Also, You should get CB2 and 3.

Don't forget Legend of Dragoon (if you can find it). Arguably the best RPG of it's time, by a long shot.

SinkingBadges

The Quiet Man
I ain't sure if I'm talking out of nostalgic bias but here it goes: Harry Potter. It may be a movie based game, but I liked the Zelda-like vibe it had to it. To be specific, the ones based on The Sorcerer's Stone and The Chamber of Secrets.

But be warned my friend: The characters look more hideous today than you might think (yes, EVEN for a PSX game).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom