• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Phi, What do we Know?

T

TheWez1981

Who Phi, the Myserious Woman Might Be.

After doing some research, I might have a solution of who Phi might be in Skyward Sword.
My theorie might explain why she acts like that.

So let's start off, with the info I got from Zelda Dungeon, and I quote:

Link's sidekick in this game appears as a female spirit-like entity called Phi.
She is the very embodiment of the Skyward Sword itself,
which allows Link to travel freely between the sky realm and the surface world below.
Her origins are a mystery.
She appears from the sky above Link after he's thrown off his bird by Ghirahim's tornado and saves Link from the fall.
Later Link brandishes the Skyward Sword and with her advising and aiding him he journeys to the Sky Temple,
where he fights Ghirahim.
The Demon Lord himself states that the Skyward Sword is the only thing that kept Link alive during their fight.
Phi's humanoid form appears by expanding out of a light from the hilt of the Skyward Sword and disappears
by shrinking and returning to that light.
She doesn't seem to act human, speaking to Link like a robot as she analyzes his items and surroundings
and gives him information about them. Why she acts this way is also, like her origin, a mystery.
The Skyward Sword is somehow important to the forging of the Master Sword. Exactly how has yet to be revealed.

What do we know about Skyward Sword, is that it's close in the timeline of Ocarina Of Time, and after doing some research I found out this:

Hyrule was formed by three goddesses, Din, Farore, and Nayru.
According to Hylian legend as depicted in Ocarina of Time,
Din created the physical geography of the realm,
Nayru created the laws to govern the land,
and Farore created the races to uphold the law and the flora and fauna that inhabit the world.
The three Golden Goddesses, Din, Farore and Nayru, are responsible for the creation of Hyrule,
as well as the creation of the Triforce, which houses a fraction of their divine power.
Din is the Goddess of Power, associated with the color red and the elements of earth and fire;
Farore is the Goddess of Courage, associated with the color green and the elements of wind and forest;
and Nayru is the Goddess of Wisdom, associated with the color blue and the elements of water and time.

Let's combine the last Goddess, Nayru:
Nayru created the laws to govern the land,
and Farore created the races to uphold the law and the flora and fauna that inhabit the world.
Nayru is the Goddess of Wisdom, associated with the color blue and the elements of water and time.

If you compare the both stories, it can be sayd that Phi might be Nayru.
She is the goddess of Wisdom and is blue.

That might explain why Phi gives info about items and surroundings, as that can be count as information.

NOTE: This is only a theorie, but I think for myself I'm going in the right direction. Sorry for the ultralong post, but I wanted to make my theories clear.

T

TheWez1981

It's only a theorie, I don't say it will be like that......but there's alot of equal comparition

C

Captain Keeta

She may just be like Midna, in the sense that she is using link to get what she wants. This also might explain why she talks without emotion to Link, thinking him as a tool rather than a person. "Phi" might be related to fairies, as seen in the first art that Nintendo showed us. Expanding on that, in the massive 25th anniversary art, Phi is seen in the area where the fairies are shown. It might be a coincidence, but it is something worth thinking about.

Caelus

Sage of Wisdom
Expanding on that, in the massive 25th anniversary art, Phi is seen in the area where the fairies are shown. It might be a coincidence, but it is something worth thinking about.

The artist didn't know who Phi was and decided to put her where the fairies were because she looks like one, it's not actually connected to the story of the game.

The artist didn't know who Phi was and decided to put her where the fairies were because she looks like one, it's not actually connected to the story of the game.
Yeah, that's what I think, too. I think Captain Keeta was also referring to the fact that Phi looks a bit like the Fairy Queen from WW (which I personally think is just "cleverly coincidental").

There's a thread like this one here.

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
Well counting that one, we actually would have 3 threads on Phi recent enough to care about, so let's just make this one giant "What We Know/Think We Know About Phi" thread.

*threads merged*

Caelus

Sage of Wisdom
Wait didn't Bill Trinen say Phi was the tentative name of the Spirit? That means that may not be her final English name, what could it be I wonder....

TheMinish

Hero of the Skies
Well, I don't know if this could be considered as actually 'knowing' it's accurate, but I think Phi and Ghirahim have a connection. This is why...

Phi in the E3 trailer.
phi1.JPG

Ghirahim in the E3 trailer
ghira1.JPG

I don't know about you, but that diamond on Phi and Ghirahim look awfully familiar, I'm guessing a connection.

G

GhirahimFan

it's hard to tell anything about phi because we really don't know that much about her or what will happen in ss. so i'm not sure how she will become the master sword or what will cause her to become the master sword. i'm not sure if she is a spirt because of the way she speaks is a lot like a computer or a robot. it is hard to tell what she is at the moment. i need more information to make a sound opinion about her. you have a good theory. we will see when ss comes out if you're right.
its probably gonna be like most types of challenges in the zelda series
"Link!, <insert villain name here> will take over <insert Country name here> if we dont get the <insert random number here><insert random mystical objects or people here> to <unlock/upgrade> the <random weapon/door> to <defeat the villain/get the sacred item> and save <insert country name here>!

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Well, I don't know if this could be considered as actually 'knowing' it's accurate, but I think Phi and Ghirahim have a connection. This is why...

Phi in the E3 trailer.
View attachment 16789

Ghirahim in the E3 trailer
View attachment 16790

I don't know about you, but that diamond on Phi and Ghirahim look awfully familiar, I'm guessing a connection.

Ghirahim does seem to know something about Phi, so they must have met in the past. Exactly what their relationship is remains to be seen.

Fiery Klongo

I Am Mardric
Phi & Master Sword (might Be Spoiler...maybe)

From what i have heard, Phi is the name of the spirit in the Skyward Sword. But if the Skyward Sword turns into the Master Sword...What happens to Phi? I think it will be some sort of sacrifice, but what are your thoughts about it?

Phi is actually the Skyward Sword. And yes the Skyward Sword does evolve into the Master Sword and so does Phi. So Phi makes the Skyward Sword and turns it into the Master Sword (which is the only sword that evil people can't touch.)
;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom