• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Phi, What do we Know?

Pen

The game is on!
Well, Phi seems to be a very mighty fairy of some sort. Perhaps, at the end of the game, the Skyward Sword turns into the Master Sword and Phi leaves (similar to what Navi did in OoT). And since Phi is such a mighty fairy, she becomes the Queen of the Fairy World, who we meet in WW. :fairy:

Last edited:

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Yes, at some point Phi does help in the forging of the Master Sword, and I wouldn't be surprised if she actually became it. That would explain why the MS reacts to Medli's and Makar's songs in Wind Waker, and glows when exposed to the Sols in TP. I believe these both are proofs of something residing within the Blade of Evil's Bane. :mastersword:

Doesn't the beta model of Ocarina of Time's Great Fairy that was found slightly resemble Phi? She has the blue, crystalline body, the 'wings', and a similar frame; well, minus the arms. Many have already suspected this ''look'' may have been the inspiration for The Wind Waker's Great Fairies. It wouldn't be too far-fetched to believe, considering Nintendo's tendency to reuse, refresh, and implement scrapped ideas for new games in the series. This has led me to wonder, was Phi, or a very similar being [not WW/FS Fairy Queen] ever going to appear in a Zelda game before SS [not chronologically speaking]. Though I can admit, it might be a stretch...

BetaGreatFairy.jpg

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Doesn't the beta model of Ocarina of Time's Great Fairy that was found slightly resemble Phi? She has the blue, crystalline body, the 'wings', and a similar frame; well, minus the arms. Many have already suspected this ''look'' may have been the inspiration for The Wind Waker's Great Fairies. It wouldn't be too far-fetched to believe, considering Nintendo's tendency to reuse, refresh, and implement scrapped ideas for new games in the series. This has led me to wonder, was Phi, or a very similar being [not WW/FS Fairy Queen] ever going to appear in a Zelda game before SS [not chronologically speaking]. Though I can admit, it might be a stretch...

BetaGreatFairy.jpg

That's a pretty striking similarity, but I wouldn't necessarily say they got the idea from it. Phi's design was to look like that of the Master Sword, and for a reason (which I've pointed out many times). I'd say it's just a coincidence. Like that of Ghirahim and Vaati (Ghirahim's look was simply to be opposite of Ganondorf). I could be wrong on that, though.

Hold it. Check out that shield. It's the same design of the Wooden Shield in Twilight Princess. That's pretty interesting that they had that design all the way back then.

Last edited:

LnktheWolf

The Sacred Wolf of Legend
That's a pretty striking similarity, but I wouldn't necessarily say they got the idea from it. Phi's design was to look like that of the Master Sword, and for a reason (which I've pointed out many times). I'd say it's just a coincidence. Like that of Ghirahim and Vaati (Ghirahim's look was simply to be opposite of Ganondorf). I could be wrong on that, though.

Hold it. Check out that shield. It's the same design of the Wooden Shield in Twilight Princess. That's pretty interesting that they had that design all the way back then.

actually that was just a shield skin hack that some guy made (source: i saw a video of a guy using a ton of hacks at once, the shield was one of them)

Yeah, I doubt they got the idea for Phi from it, but a similar design may have been sort of "in the works" for quite some time, and yeah, the shield was simply a texture hack; nothing significant. There are tons of texture hack videos on Youtube these days...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom