• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

A Link Between Worlds Pegasus Boots -- How Did YOU Figure Out How to Get Them? *possible Spoilers*

Sounds like the Pegasus Boots were one of the extra challenging rewards in the game. Some people were able to put clues together to be able to get them. Some people randomly stumbled on them. And others of us were stumped and got help.

I figure that Nintendo knows that some people will figure these things out and share what they found with others and that that is ultimately part of the fun of the game.

Thanks to Nintendo for another good challenge, and thanks to those of you who figured it out for the rest of us!

Curmudgeon

default setting: sarcastic prick
I see a guy running away from me, I'm going to figure out how to catch him. Once I decided to try, it only took a few minutes to figure out.

took me a good 15 minutes to really figure this out lol

I kept chasing the guy like an idiot (not really an idiot, but just for hopes of catching him). And then I thought to myself "hey! Let's do a surprise ghost attack" and then went from there :3

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
What happened with me is that the first time I talked to the thief I noticed he dashed away so I assumed that's who I get the pegasus boots from. On a separate note I was going to explore Zora's Waterfall because I hadn't explored it yet and I of course ran into the thief there who had stolen Queen Zora's Jewel. So I went back to Kakariko and found the Jewel and returned it and I went back to Kakariko because I assumed there must've been something more to the thief than just that so I tried to talk to him and he ran away and then I talked to the little boy who gave me the hint to merge into the wall behind him.

The very first hint I got was when a Zora remarked how a guy had made a running leap to get across a gap. I was 100% expecting the Pegasus Boots to make a comeback, so it really wasn't that surprising at all. The confirmation came whenever the thief dashed away after stealing the stone from the Zora Queen, or whatever her name is. I decided right there that he probably went back to Kakariko, and that it must be required to get the boots back when you get the stone back.

I was surprised to see that he had already sold the stone off, but I decided to hunt for him even after buying it back from the merchant. I was stumped on how to catch him at first, and he was kind of right out in the open, so I started to wonder if I was really supposed to get him at that point in the game. But the game had already made me feel REALLY stupid by fooling me with the new wall mechanic - I literally got stuck during those first few moments of the game and had to think about how to get across those holes, just because the entire concept of merging into the walls is completely foreign in my Zelda playbook. Since I was already weary of always using the wall mechanic, I figured out how to catch him pretty quick.

But they aren't required to beat the game huh? I haven't finished it yet, and I don't think I've seen a spot where I've absolutely needed them yet. They've been more of just a really great convenience than anything else.

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
After the Scarecrow in ALttP, my brain wouldnt think anything else other that to catch the shady guy, you had to already have to boot. I used a Hint Coin to figure it out, and felt so Dumb that i had to merge behind him and get the boots from him. it was terrible really!

Gomp

Love, loving life!
After the Scarecrow in ALttP, my brain wouldnt think anything else other that to catch the shady guy, you had to already have to boot. I used a Hint Coin to figure it out, and felt so Dumb that i had to merge behind him and get the boots from him. it was terrible really!

Hehe.. I cheated and looked it up. Then right after this, when hunting the mimi on the roof. I used the goggles and found the ghost who told me how to get the boots.

So for the first time ever, I did not feel that bad about cheating, as I would have gotten them that way if I had not cheated.

But I agree with you, I still felt rather dumb! If I had not assumes I needed the boots to catch up with him, I surely would have taken the little boys advice more to heart, and found it rather easy.

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
Hehe.. I cheated and looked it up. Then right after this, when hunting the mimi on the roof. I used the goggles and found the ghost who told me how to get the boots.

So for the first time ever, I did not feel that bad about cheating, as I would have gotten them that way if I had not cheated.

But I agree with you, I still felt rather dumb! If I had not assumes I needed the boots to catch up with him, I surely would have taken the little boys advice more to heart, and found it rather easy.

I know right, cuz if you are a Veteran ALttP player, there is nothing in your mind telling you that your wrong to assume hes just like the Scarecrow guy in ALttP!

Gomp

Love, loving life!
I know right, cuz if you are a Veteran ALttP player, there is nothing in your mind telling you that your wrong to assume hes just like the Scarecrow guy in ALttP!

Yeah.. And I JUST replayed ALTP .. I kind of wish I had not done that. :p

Will be neat to play this game again in 10 years time, though! :D

Mudora

Innocent but not fearful.
When I was looking for Maiamais, I noticed some that required the Pegasus Boots to get. So I started wandering around Kakariko to find hints as to their whereabouts, and I found the thief guy. I approached him, and he ran off. Then I tried to catch him every way I could, until I realized that I needed to merge into the wall behind him. I found them by complete accident.

This is how I did it as well. It was kinda by fluke. I expected to get something like a heart piece, though it was nice when I got the Pegasus Boots instead!

Shamison

Just a simple nobody
I didn't find them until I beat the game and was wondering what I was missing on my gear menu and was walking around with hint glasses on for fun(to see what I could find) and then chanced soon the thief and then finally got the boots.

Not Take Mirror

Sage of Ice
I figured it out but not until fairly late in the game. I saw the Shady Guy running early in the game but I just didn't want to be bothered with trying to catch him at that point. I was more interested in exploring and visiting dungeons. Then later in the game I went back to do the things I didn't do before and I got a sudden insight to merge into the wall and catch him that way.

Beeker

Wild Card
When it came to getting the jewel back, I got it form the thief then went on my merry way. At a late point in the game, I saw all the Maiamais on the trees and knew the boots had to be somewhere. There was still one more inventory/equipment icon needing to be filled. But I couldn't find it anywhere, and after a while of getting frustrated, I caved and looked it up, proceeding to feel stupid the rest of the day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom