• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Online Multiplayer?

J

Joe R

Does anybody think that there is a possibility that there could be an awesome side game multiplayer mode for Zelda Wii? I had an amazing thought that a cool multiplayer side game could be sort of a NSMB wii type thing. You get a choice to play any of the dungeons that you had already beaten in the main quest and from there you could play locally up to four or online up to 4. Once the game starts, its basically a mad dash to see who can beat the boss first. If you think somebody is getting in your way, then you can use the items that you already aquired from the main quest, in order to hurt other players (or kill them so they have to go back to the entrance of a temple). At the start of the temple, you have all the items you had already recieved from the main game, minus the one that you have to get in the dungeon. For dungeon maps and compasses, there is one less than the amount of players, and then there are as many big keys as there are players. The first one to enter the boss chamber gets one minute to kill the boss all by himself and then another player can enter the boss chamber. The person who entered next could kill the already weakened player in order to get the boss for himself. If the first player does die, then the boss will still be hurt from that player's attacks, but the fact that that player did the damage is now obsolete. In the end, whoever did the most damge to the boss without dying would win the match. There could also be a reward transferred to the winner's main game file that could help him (rupees, piece of heart!). I would love to see a bunch of people trying to kill each other while trying to beat a dungeon. What are your thoughts on this? Is there a hope for multiplayer in the upcoming Zelda Wii?

LozzyKate

Ask Me Why I Love The Photoshops
As PH and ST both had online gameplay, I don't think that anything Zelda related for the Wii, will include online play, because look at TP for example, what kind of games or items could your swap or play?

Austin

Austin
I could see a Zelda multiplayer, I just couldn't see it being that good. More specifically, I can't see it being anything unique. If anyone has played Metroid Prime 2 they may know what I'm talking about. Metroid had long been a single player game, and when they finally developed a mutliplayer it wasn't bad. It just wasn't anything memorable, nothing that would make you want to play it over something more typical.

Jupiter

Bringer of Jollity
I think it could be really fun. I doubt it will come to pass as Nintendo seems averse to online play in general (it's shameful that they did not have it in New Super Mario Brother's Wii). But I think that some one-on-on hunting in Hyrule Field or the lost woods could be a lot of fun. Plus if the sword combat system is as robust as we are hoping, there could be some really fun dueling...

I also think there is a possibility that there will be a player to function in some capacity (something minor, like what they did with Super Mario Galaxy) and think it would obviously be nice to have this function online. Zelda is a game that works better with a relatively passive second player as there is focus is on exploration and puzzle solving in addition to just action. This could make cooperating with a friend online while using Wii Speak pretty fun.

J

Joe R

I believe that you guys are right in the fact that there probably won't be multiplayer, or at least one as good as what I was theorizing:P. But since we're on the topic, do you think that there could be any four swords game that is like what jupiter said? Is wii speak going to be used some time in the future for online zelda? I personally like the idea of a little stealth in zelda. Besides, that's kinda what link would be like in real life. You can't just run into a bunch of enemies that have bows and arrows(bulblins) and just beat them with your sword. They'll just pick you off. That's why I liked the bulblin base and hidden village: You can be realistic and use the hawkeye for headshots so that you aren't seen! I'm not trying to put an mw2 spin on Zelda, but I like the idea of sneaking around trying to kill another player with zelda items (at the same time trying to complete a dungeon). I appreciate any other theorizing comments.

Din Akera

Sniper
I think this could be really fun! I like the idea of trying to beat others, but I like the idea of working together even more. Imagine it kinda like the RP's here on the site. Characters with different abilities, working together to make it through the temple. THough I guess that is kinda getting away from Zelda. But I guesss the characters could be characters from the game: Link, Sheik, Zelda, Ganon (?), Kafei, Mikau, Durami, ect.

Yeah, I like the idea! But I agree, it probably won't happen.

E

Errorjack

Nintendo I think already said that they will be putting a mini online game like PH and ST. I know I heard something like this but I don't remember.

J

Joe R

I knew I was just thinking. I had a feeling that they probably wouldn't add an online game that big. I think that it could be a great idea for four swords or new four swords. If the online was that big, then the story would be only 5 hours long, like all the xbox shooter games.

blubb

Ash Gala Wonderful!
Zelda meets WoW? Urrghh, don't make me even think about it. I'll be fine with it if they make it some sort of spin-off, while having a "normal" main game.

Jmonkey71

Master of Monkeys
That is an awesome idea. It would be really fun to beat your younger brother, your friend across the street, and some guy from the other side of the world in a dungeon. It would also be cool if you could watch an ongoing battle. It could be really helpful if you were stuck in a dungeon and you didn't want to look at a walkthrough.

Zeruda

Mother Hyrule
See, the problem with online multiplayer with Zelda is that EVERYBODY is Link. With the handhelds, it's not so bad, but the main consoles? WHY would we want it? Just because it's Zelda? Almost every game out there now has some sort of online and/or multiplayer mode. Zelda, while unique, is having hard enough time staying unique. I can't see an online mode offering anything that other games don't already have. That being said, why waste disc space and production time with something we can find just about anywhere else when that time and those resources could be used to make the game worth the wait and hype? I think they should steer clear of multiplayer when it comes to Zelda. The only online option I really care for is the ability to swap collectible items.

whpo said we all have to be link. why not put a whole bunch of bad guys you can select.

im all for this idea

yann

TheBitterDubstepMan
If they made an online game, what would you actually do?
All I could see it being is a few small cooperative mini games, or maybe a short and quickly put together spin off story.

Although, I would quite like the idea of an online "Four Swords" game featuring 4 different coloured adult Links while fighting hordes of enemies. But that's still only one game, while most online games offer huge online features.

Meego

~Dancer in the Dark~
Well, it sounds good but it depends on how Zelda Wii ends up. If it has those weird motion things then it could be difficult to have more than one on the same console and it won't be cheap. But if it was online then I can see that being fun. Any ideas on what games there would be to play though? Battle style combat or minigames?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom