• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

One Thing About Minish Cap

angelkid

TRR = SWEET
I'm not contradicting the timeline here, I am merely making a speculation.

well anyway, I was looking on MC the other day, and I realised that when you compete the game a small triangle appears in the corner of your save file. I cant find a picture. Now to me, this triangle is clearly supposed to be, Link's piece of triforce, the triforce of courage. However, Putting MC before OoT means that Link would not have the triforce of courage.

I could be getting completely the wrong end of the stick here, but if I am, i'm tired, it's not my fault.

There's no indication that Link gets the Triforce in MC. Having that show up beside the game file just shows completion. Its like in Oracle of Ages and Seasons; whenever you complete both games, you recieve a Hero's Secret, which allows you to continue playing even more. You use this on the first game you played in the series, and it gives your file a complete Triforce symbol next to your name.

To my knowledge, the earliest game in the series' timeline so far to include the Triforce is Ocarina of Time. During this game, the Triforce is still in the Sacred Realm. No one has yet found the entrance to the Sacred Realm, so it is assumed that no one has ever acquired the Triforce before this point. Ganondorf is the first person to enter the Sacred Realm and touch the Triforce.

C

Caleb, Of Asui

I've always kind of assumed that the triangle there was supposed to be the Light Force. Since the "force" in "Light Force" is redolent of the "force" in "Triforce," most players (if they've played Zelda at all) are inclined to imagine it at least looking similar to the Triforce in that sense.

There is also that theory that the Light Force is, in fact, the Triforce of Wisdom. I don't believe that myself since it goes against my current timeline, but I get the feeling that Spirit Tracks will reveal some more timeline-related info that might effect the placement of some of the games, possibly making this theory work with my future timeline.

I know that, though it shows what is probably the Light Force on a completed save file, Link never actually gets the Light Force himself. Zelda has it the whole time (which is where the LightForce=TriforceOfWisdom Theory comes from), but Vaati claims, before you fight his first form, that he has extracted most of the Light Force from Zelda. After you defeat Vaati, Ezlo puts the cap that Vaati had stolen on Zelda, then we see all the monsters disappearing and the castle returning to normal. Ezlo explains that having the light force fused with the cap, causing all this to happen, and also destroying the cap. So, at this point, Link doesn't have the Light Force, but Hyrule does.

I think showing the Light Force there on a completed TMC save file is just as justified as showing the Triforce on a completed Oracle file. Link doesn't really obtain the Light Force in TMC or the Triforce in the Oracle games, but he does, in both games, save whichever shows up. In TMC, he obviously saves the Light Force from Vaati, and in the Oracle games, defeating Ganon prevents him from obtaining the Triforce, which we know the be in Hyrule castle, owned by Hyrule. Both of the Light Force and the Triforce are owned by Hyrule at the end of their respective games (not in the same sense), and was owned by Hyrule at the beginning of the game, only to be threatened by some evil force.

I've always kind of assumed that the triangle there was supposed to be the Light Force. Since the "force" in "Light Force" is redolent of the "force" in "Triforce," most players (if they've played Zelda at all) are inclined to imagine it at least looking similar to the Triforce in that sense.
Something to note. It's just called Force in the Japanese versions of TMC, FS, and FSA.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom