• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

(OLD) Contest Unfair Infractions Here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moonstone

embrace the brand new day
This is absolutely ridiculous. Quaffler, you are just looking for things to infract me for, just like when you infracted me for my blog. This is a bogus infraction and you know it.

I don't usually respond to this sort of thing, but I totally agree with this one. It's not offensive in the first place, and if people don't like it, there is an option to turn off user customization, or not visit the person's page entirely.

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
Just got this warning or whatever from Mister Quaffler for this post.

http://zeldadungeon.net/forum/showthread.php?p=883283

I'm contesting it because I think it is very unfair, as I never insulted that guy. My words clearly meant for him to stop being silly, which is the same word as stupid.

And, I also explained to him that a confession is indeed what I posted. I posted proof, and yet you people refuse to accept that I am right. Regardless of what you mods do in regards to the warning, I don't care, but please open your eyes and don't take every little word as offensive. I admit that I went a little far when I posted the Pwned thing, but that is about it. You know I am like that, so don't let that surprise you.

Btw, I want it removed if I happen to win this contest.

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
Just got this warning or whatever from Mister Quaffler for this post.

I'm contesting it because I think it is very unfair, as I never insulted that guy. My words clearly meant for him to stop being silly, which is the same word as stupid.

And, I also explained to him that a confession is indeed what I posted. I posted proof, and yet you people refuse to accept that I am right. Regardless of what you mods do in regards to the warning, I don't care, but please open your eyes and don't take every little word as offensive. I admit that I went a little far when I posted the Pwned thing, but that is about it. You know I am like that, so don't let that surprise you.

Btw, I want it removed if I happen to win this contest.

Can you post the infraction you got?

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
You should have gotten a PM, can you C/P what Quaffler sent you?

Sure thing, girl. :P

Dear Gobli,

You have received an infraction at Dungeon Gaming Network.

Reason: Insulting/Flaming Other Members (3rd Degree)
-------
Hey there Gobi. There is no need to call other members stupid, if you disagree with their argument there are better ways of going about talking to them. Also, there is no need to derail the conversation over semantics, especially when the issue of what is an acceptable entry has already been covered by another moderator. Please refrain from doing this in the future.

Best of regards,
Sir Quaffler
-------

This infraction is worth 5 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. If you feel you have received this in error or unjustly, please report this PM and present your case to be reviewed by the moderation team.

Original Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Repentance View Post

This is not a confession. Stop "confessing" stuff that aren't confessions. I believe even a mod has said this.
What would you know about it? That's actually my birthday, and it is a confession because none of you knew that. Now stop being stupid. All the best,
Dungeon Gaming Network

Btw, he misspelled my user name. XD He should get infracted for that. :lol:

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
Sure thing, girl. :P

Dear Gobli,

You have received an infraction at Dungeon Gaming Network.

Reason: Insulting/Flaming Other Members (3rd Degree)
-------
Hey there Gobi. There is no need to call other members stupid, if you disagree with their argument there are better ways of going about talking to them. Also, there is no need to derail the conversation over semantics, especially when the issue of what is an acceptable entry has already been covered by another moderator. Please refrain from doing this in the future.

Best of regards,
Sir Quaffler
-------

This infraction is worth 5 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. If you feel you have received this in error or unjustly, please report this PM and present your case to be reviewed by the moderation team.

Original Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Repentance View Post

This is not a confession. Stop "confessing" stuff that aren't confessions. I believe even a mod has said this.
What would you know about it? That's actually my birthday, and it is a confession because none of you knew that. Now stop being stupid. All the best,
Dungeon Gaming Network

Btw, he misspelled my user name. XD He should get infracted for that. :lol:

I can understand why he would infract you, but an infraction seems like a little much. Calling someone "stupid" isn't nice, sure, but you should have received a warning over an infraction if anything. I will be honest though, the mods have asked several times to post serious confessions, and while we may have not known your birth date, it still wasn't really a *serious* confession. For example, coming out of the closet by posting in the thread is a serious confession, whereas stating your birthday's in a few days is not. Your post would have been perfectly fine in, say, the Daily Happy Thread! :loveeyeballs:

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
I say the infraction (5 Pts) was too much. A warning was probably the best he could have done and retained my respect for him. And I actually forgot I had posted in that thread before and that Vee had told me to stick to serious stuff. There were two threads in the past, I got confused. Still, I know I am right when I say what I posted is a confession, you peeps just don't see it the way I do. And I even posted the definition from goggle: •humorous
intimate revelations about a person's private life or occupation.

That's a confession, if you ask me. But I won't say more on the matter. I'll just avoid posting in that thread. :nod:

Big Octo

=^)
Mind posting it so we can see?

Copying the entire thing would be pointless, but it was for "flaming".
The evidence: http://puu.sh/9YrYr/7b93bc00b4.jpg

Language? Yes. Crude-humored joke? Yes. Actual hate/insulting/malicious intent? Nope. I could see a warning for language with perhaps a warning about the subject manner thrown in, but instantly resulting to infraction under an incorrect topic was not the way to go. If any infraction was warranted, I'd say Second Degree Language.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
For those wondering, this is the "offensive" image in question. Sad excuse to further a personal vendetta.

Wasn't the background image something about Josh Power Z'ing beforehand? I also recall seeing a psychedelic Tingle gif in the VM modules before this issue got brought up; whatever the case, the images weren't "offensive", but they were disorienting and caused the page to lag somewhat.

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
Copying the entire thing would be pointless, but it was for "flaming".
The evidence: http://puu.sh/9YrYr/7b93bc00b4.jpg

Language? Yes. Crude-humored joke? Yes. Actual hate/insulting/malicious intent? Nope. I could see a warning for language with perhaps a warning about the subject manner thrown in, but instantly resulting to infraction under an incorrect topic was not the way to go. If any infraction was warranted, I'd say Second Degree Language.

Though I understand your argument against the infraction, I would try to refrain from talking badly about other users. I know a lot of people do things on here that are absolutely frustrating, trust me I get that 929301230219391939%, but I don't think a public place is appropriate to talk about that. If you wanna talk badly about everyone on this site via Skype, be my guest -- I can't stop you -- but I'd try to refrain from posting that here. If anything, I'd give you an Infraction anywhere from 1-3 points. If you got more than that, then yeah keep contesting it.

Big Octo

=^)
Though I understand your argument against the infraction, I would try to refrain from talking badly about other users. I know a lot of people do things on here that are absolutely frustrating, trust me I get that 929301230219391939%, but I don't think a public place is appropriate to talk about that. If you wanna talk badly about everyone on this site via Skype, be my guest -- I can't stop you -- but I'd try to refrain from posting that here. If anything, I'd give you an Infraction anywhere from 1-3 points. If you got more than that, then yeah keep contesting it.

I got 5.

Sydney

The Good Samaritan

This is probably a really dumb question, but is the points system automatic? Like you automatically select a number from 5-20 and that's the number of points they receive, or do you manually type the number in? If it's the latter, then Quaffler gave you too much IMO.

I'd really like to hear what he has to say about all these infractions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom