• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

(OLD) Contest Unfair Infractions Here

Status
Not open for further replies.

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
I wanna hear an official settlement from a mod, not some scribe. No offense, Atticus, I appreciate your looking into the matter, but is that it? I won't be hearing from someone whether the infraction will remain or not? And btw, how long do they last? D:

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
It is very simple. If you are talking bad about people openly on the forum you can expect a mod to step in. If you don't then you really need to learn a bit. If you have issues post it through pm or take it to skype but don't make topics calling persons out openly. The forums aren't created to bash people. So yea I think Sir Q did the right thing. Was it worth an infraction or warning? It depends on the situation and if it has been done before.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
I have no idea what exactly happened because timezones are in the way. It depends if the user has been infracted before if it should be an infraction or warning. The only thing that can be done is look into the infractions and see if they are justified.

It is very simple. If you are talking bad about people openly on the forum you can expect a mod to step in. If you don't then you really need to learn a bit. If you have issues post it through pm or take it to skype but don't make topics calling persons out openly. The forums aren't created to bash people. So yea I think Sir Q did the right thing. Was it worth an infraction or warning? It depends on the situation and if it has been done before.

I'm not contesting the infraction for my Lord Vain thread. It's all the other infractions. Like my bogus profile infraction, Big Octo's infraction, Gobli's infraction, etc. Those are complete nonsense infracts and should be a warning at most in BO's case. Gobli's shouldn't even be that. If everyone was infracted this way equally, the entire forum would be banned.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
I have reversed Big Octo his infraction because it is the first time he even got punished. So yeah in that case it should be a warning instead of an infraction. I can understand why Sir Q did this but I do agree it should have been a warning.

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
I ran over a bird today. :(

That's proof to you all that I did nothing wrong in that Confession thread. I have nothing against Dan or the other members who post crap like that, but if you're gonna punish me because someone got in my face saying how my confession was not a confession, be fair about it. That thread is filled with ****ty posts like that, spammy, useless, and you mods have done nothing about it. Then the wrong people are the ones getting infracted. Please. I suggest you get your gear together and do your jobs right.

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
That's proof to you all that I did nothing wrong in that Confession thread. I have nothing against Dan or the other members who post crap like that, but if you're gonna punish me because someone got in my face saying how my confession was not a confession, be fair about it. That thread is filled with ****ty posts like that, spammy, useless, and you mods have done nothing about it. Then the wrong people are the ones getting infracted. Please. I suggest you get your gear together and do your jobs right.

Nope, sorry, you're wrong here. The mods have posted/stated several times to post SERIOUS confessions, so to say the mods have done "nothing about it" is utterly false. Furthermore, a lot of the spammy/****ty posts have not only come from some other members, but they've also come from you too. Posts such as "I got a car" or "I got a job" and even "my birthday's in X amount of days" are NOT serious confessions. I understand what you're trying to convey with Dan's post, but at this point you're coming off a bit hypocritical and dragging this on longer than you should.

Dan

Proof of what? I was quite shocked by your reply in said thread, had no idea it would get such a reaction. On the subject of my post, that was something I needed to get off my chest, it may seem quite small to you, but it was pretty saddening for me to run over an animal. I don't know if I've ever told you this but deep down I'm a sensitive flower. I love animals, and to take the life of another animal for me is quite saddening and I felt quite guilty over it as I felt I could of done more. I know I sound like a "*****" over the whole ideal but that's just how I am... :I

Confessing that helped me.

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
Fine, fine. :cool: Just trying to clear my warning, that's all. I don't like being infracted, rarely have I been in trouble here.

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
Dear PancakeSamurai,

You have received an infraction at Dungeon Gaming Network.

Reason: Inappropriate User Profile (2nd Degree)
-------
Hey there Pancake, I got some screenshots depicting your custom userbars that you used today. We've been lax with this whole exploit thing so far, mainly because we don't exactly know a bright-line to use for it, but using every single banner officially used by the site is something we want to avoid. This is just to make sure we set a precedent as to what we do and don't allow, and we certainly don't want to allow official site banner, and excessive use of custom banners.

Thanks,
Vergo
-------

This infraction is worth 3 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. If you feel you have received this in error or unjustly, please report this PM and present your case to be reviewed by the moderation team.

All the best,
Dungeon Gaming Network

Was this really worth an infraction?

A) I never done anything like this before. Yes, I did abuse it to some extent, but I only did it for a minute to screen shot them and take it off so it didn't become a problem.
:cool: What I did didn't seem serious enough for an infraction. Yes, I mimicked banners used on the site, and used an excessive amount of them, but I just did it for fun. I wasn't promoting the abuse of the exploit, and it was a mistake on my part. A warning could have done the same. Why did you immediately need to jump to infraction?
C) The only proof was the screen shots. I could have easily photoshopped it, or messed with the HTML and gotten the same results. The fact that I didn't was because using the exploit for a second just seemed easier.

Why am I making a big deal about a 3 point rank? I have 13 points right now, and because infractions have a stupidly long wait until they expire, if I sneeze the wrong way before the end of November I'll get banned.

Was this really worth an infraction?

No.

A) I never done anything like this before. Yes, I did abuse it to some extent, but I only did it for a minute to screen shot them and take it off so it didn't become a problem.
:cool: What I did didn't seem serious enough for an infraction. Yes, I mimicked banners used on the site, and used an excessive amount of them, but I just did it for fun. I wasn't promoting the abuse of the exploit, and it was a mistake on my part. A warning could have done the same. Why did you immediately need to jump to infraction?
C) The only proof was the screen shots. I could have easily photoshopped it, or messed with the HTML and gotten the same results. The fact that I didn't was because using the exploit for a second just seemed easier.

Why am I making a big deal about a 3 point rank? I have 13 points right now, and because infractions have a stupidly long wait until they expire, if I sneeze the wrong way before the end of November I'll get banned.

This is a BS infraction. Two main issues with it: one, it's going off of hearsay. As Pancake pointed out, the screenshot could have been easily edited. Are we going to infract everyone we have "evidence" of doing things like this? Moreover, this is warning worthy at most. Either make a policy that it's not allowed, and make EVERYONE remove their custom rank banners, or allow it all (short of breaking things, of course). This infraction is singling out one member for something dozens of members have done and not even been warned about.

Either there's a policy that applies to everyone, or it is allowed for everyone. This kind of thing is bad for everyone.

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
Another thing I'd like to add. I would like to keep the exploit a thing, but if you are going to enforce rule on it, then how about make some rules for it. No one has ever said you can't use banners that are used for actually ranks, and no one has ever statde how many banners you can used/the amount of space they are allowed to take.

Are we enforcing unspoken rules now because, unless someone proves me wrong with written evidence of this, how on earth was I supposed to know? I'd understand a warning for this, but an infraction is just too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom