• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Official Suggestions Thread

Mikey the Moblin

if I had a nickel for every time I ran out of spac
One is a game, where the other is something that is usually an involved project or concept. I'd say blogs take priority over Mafia.
post count matters a ton in one vs almost irrelevant in the other, preferring quality to quantity. The post count from blog posts would also be negligible compared to mafia

I'm not saying don't do blogs, I'm saying it's downright unfair if anything starts counting for posts before mafia

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
ZD Champion
Administrator
I'd just like to remind everyone here that people are free to have their opinion but please be respectful of each other in this thread and on this forum generally.

I fit in the camp that do not believe post count should be increased for posts made in Mafia, Roleplay, or Forum Games and I feel like this conversation already happened not too long ago.

Blogs aren't increased mainly due to the fact that they were never actually "posts" in threads or forums in the past but had their own separate area/system that has been since removed through software changes from VB to Xenforo. I don't feel like we need to change that and make the posts increase the count at this stage either. Ideally I'd like to eventually get back to it being a separate system with a proper add-on/update anyways but that is not coming in the foreseeable future.

Mikey the Moblin

You just want it because you like to spam mafia threads and that would make you a top poster on the site.

I feel like literally noone else that plays mafia here gives a **** about it not counting towards the total posts.
post count is THE metric of how much influence you have in a game
that should be celebrated ???

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
I'd just like to remind everyone here that people are free to have their opinion but please be respectful of each other in this thread and on this forum generally.
If this is directed at me I wanna say that despite being tired of Moe (Mikey) constantly putting his personal views and preferences as absolute in here and acting like they represent the mafia community’s as a whole, I was in no way disrespectful towards him.

I fit in the camp that do not believe post count should be increased for posts made in Mafia, Roleplay, or Forum Games and I feel like this conversation already happened not too long ago.
I think the conversation that people had a while ago was for a way to disable post count in other areas like “What are Listening to?” because they don’t add much more to the community, similar to a forum game.

I don’t think anyone but Moe (Mikey) advocates for the opposite and wants for any of Roleplay/LL/Forum Games/Mafia to add to post counts.

post count is THE metric of how much influence you have in a game
that should be celebrated ???
That’s your interpretation of an aspect of the game, and I feel like me and most players would disagree with this.
If you want influence in the game you got to make quality posts that are impactful to the game, not spam the thread. Literally anyone can have the most posts in a game if they want/if that’s their priority.

And despite the mafia section being a notable part of the forum it’s, as other people pointed out, just a game that doesn’t contribute to the main community. I don’t see why it’s any different of any other forum game or Roleplay, not why it should have the same impact as discussion posts.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
I'm not really in favor of including Mafia posts to post counts. In the past we talked about maybe making mafia specific awards, amd that might be worth looking into. Perhaps reviving the Mafia Awards?

I also agree with the point that Blogs used to be a separate system, and hopefully at some point we can get them to function that way again. For now at least, I think the Best Blogger Golden Key Award is sufficient.

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
can we have the save draft/post added in the mobile layout options?

I know the forum saves the message we're writing every few seconds, but sometimes when connection is a bit choppy or if it's a page pre-loaded it won't do it which prolly caused me to lose quite a few big messages which sucks

also can't really fully delete messages afaik which is kinda awkward

It should be possible because iirc Bulbagarden has the same Xenforo version and as you can see below it's an option there:
3C842C7B-168D-4249-BADB-6785499D5A83.jpeg9C4BF6E3-93D3-4236-A89E-80A6BAF2F8BC.png

Mikey the Moblin

also a separate suggestion that is more of a pet peeve, but could we have medals/trophys mainly organized per type (type then date) rather than just date lol

if it was customizable that would be even better but I feel like that might be a bit hard to add?
This might already be an option but I only have one medal so I wasn't able to tell

Edit: profile>medals>sort

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom