• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Official Graphics/Art Thread

S

Sword of Faith

Well, here's something I made for a contest. Please don't shoot me D:

Petman1325

Poe Catcher
Well, using a similar technique to Smitie's, I have composed another piece of artwork. This time, I spent longer than an hour on this project, and made it entirely from scratch with no references (Except for the text. It says Bazaar in the HT Hylian font.). I sketched it out via pencil and card stock paper (More resistant to time), uploaded it into GIMP via a high resolution scanner, then simply colored it in. Over the course of two days, it took about three hours to complete. I call it Checking for Rupees.
http://i410.photobucket.com/albums/pp189/Petman1325/WalletCheck-1.png

Just because Zelda Dungeon is awesome, I'll also produce for you people the original image. The picture is larger, by the way, drawn landscape on a standard 8"x11" card stock paper.
http://i410.photobucket.com/albums/pp189/Petman1325/WalletCheckOriginal.png

Petman1325

Poe Catcher
That looked very similar to the official artwork. It does look nice, however. The golden person under the text would be the picture above the Bazaar. The person is who I think is the Shop owner. Remember, this was all from memory, no references at all.
Comparison.png

S

SilverHawk01

looks cool petman. What/Who is the golden person below the text?

Just because I can, I present you another draw/scan/gimp color piece of 'art'. Unlike Petman I'm not original and use references. I always try to make it a little bit different than the original though.

Say hello to Gleeok :P
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t189/smitie1405/Gleeok-1.png

Helloooo Gleeok :xd: Again, if you want to take it to the next lvl, it will need depth (Don't know if gimp has an dodge/burn tool, but that's the easiest way to make it). Also the flame effect doesn't fit the style used for Gleeok. Besides that it's really great ^^. Did you drew that from 0 ?

Almost forgat, new avatar :

SH.png

Edit:

http://silverhawk01.deviantart.com/art/The-Great-Deku-Tree-124896431

Took me a while, but I finaly finished my Deku Tree <3

Last edited by a moderator:

Zeruda

Mother Hyrule
Yummy Avatars *nomnomnom*

Well, hello! I've decided that I'd go ahead and post some of my graphics here. I have recently become an avataraddict. Unfortunately, I can only post 10 images at a time. LAME, because I have made... let's see... 121 avatars and counting. In any case, here they are. Now, before you decide you're a member of the Right Click Mafia, please understand that none of these are bases, and none are to be edited. Feel free to save them, but I do have one request: do NOT use these outside of this site (or my site, if you've been there). I frequent many different Zelda-related sites... I'll know if they've been used elsewhere. And yes, I do get vicious when my terms are violated. If you do use them, please link back to me in your sig, either to knightsofhyrule.org, to this post, or to my member page.

I know I'm a little over protective of my graphics, but hey, artists are like that. In any case, enjoy. If things go well, I'll probably end up posting the rest!

zelink01a.png
zelink03.jpg
marin01b.png
link01a.png
zelda08.png
zelda15a.png
link03.png
ava02.png
ashei02a.png
ashei03c.png

S

SilverHawk01

Nice your almost beating me, I have an +-175 avatar count ( and above 300 signatures xD).

Most of them are made from stock, well done why not learn new styles and become an sig artist =D ? ( if you are not allready ).

Then again...Zelda Dungeon doesn't have a fanart section...would be nice if they did :hmm: Anyway, keep it up. Love the way you place your tekst =].

S

SilverHawk01

So, okay, SilverHawk01 and I collaborated on a sig. He started, and I finished. I think it turned out pretty well, especially since I've never collaborated on a sig before:

legendary.png

collab-1.png

It's never easy to work on a style your not familiar with.

Nicely worked out! Especially the background, I can't see any monotone spots at all <3

Keep it up Zeruda.

Zeruda

Mother Hyrule
Thanks, SilverHawk. I'd never done that, so it was certainly enlightening.

I'm just going to go ahead and post my icons. Since only 10 images are allowed at a time, I've put them in sheets. I'll reiterate my terms:

Before you decide you're a member of the Right Click Mafia, please understand that none of these are bases, and none are to be edited. Feel free to save them, but I do have one request: do NOT use these outside of this site (or my site, if you've been there). I frequent many different Zelda-related sites... I'll know if they've been used elsewhere. And yes, I do get vicious when my terms are violated. If you do use them, please link back to me in your sig, either to knightsofhyrule.org, to this post, or to my member page.

My terms and conditions can be viewed RIGHT HERE.

ALttP & LA Styled Avatars | OoT Styled Avatars | TP Styled Avatars | TP Styled Avatars #2 | ZeLink Avatars

Special New:
mystery.png
link01.png

Unfortunately, there aren't spoiler tags in this forum, so you'll have to be blinded for now. Some are older and crappy, some are pretty new and nice-looking. Enjoy. :)

Last edited:
S

Sword of Faith

Nice avatars, Zeruda!
My favourite is probably the new zelda one.

Here's a new sig of mine.

bgtime.png

Zeruda

Mother Hyrule
my GIMP skills suck. Any Tips?

Hi, bellum. You asked for tips, so I've got a few for you to start with:
1) Start with renders. This means images that have had their backgrounds removed.
2) Use images that have similar levels of brightness and contrast. For instance, don't use an image that is very vividly colored and then one that has dull colors. You want them to be balanced when you start.
3) Practice with light sources. If the light is coming from, say, the top-left, you want the light to highlight parts of the image that it hits.
4) Forget backgrounds. When you start out, it's never a good idea to jump into backgrounds, because you'll lose focus on what you're trying to work on. Just focus on making the main images blend well and either match or contrast.
5) Contrast is good! Sometimes a black and white image with a certain portion of it colored will look much better than a fully B&W or colored image. Just experiment.

Hope it helps. :)

S

Stephanie

All right, this is my latest sig. :3

jupitersig.png

I put all my sweat and blood into this! (Ok, maybe not blood... And not much sweat, but I still worked hard on it. :P)

Well? What do you think? :<

Petman1325

Poe Catcher
That looks quite nice. Now, for something that I made that actually looks sig worthy.
TwilitPetman.png

By the way, that is Minda riding Wolf Link. I think the picture of Zant kinda ruined it, though. This is why I enjoy playing around with all of the little filters. Who knew pressing random buttons would lead to a decent result?:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom