• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Official Graphics/Art Thread

Petman1325

Poe Catcher
Well, that is much better than what I could've done. I'm trying to come up with another one. I enjoy playing with the filters, but it gets a bit difficult after a while. Expect to see a picture in this thread soon.

T

TwilightLink

*GIMP noob approaching*

Okay, so after many failed attempts at trying to figure out how to make a sig, I made one. I wasn't able to successfully cut out the images I wanted, so I just stopped trying for a while. xP

Anyhoo, here it is:

inuyashasigthing.jpg

It's really plain, doesn't have text, and is very amateurish (if even that). But being the first sig that I've made, I'm rather happy with it. =P I'm still experimenting with the different filters and other magical effects.

EDIT: I think the copy I made of it got changed a bit... It looks different than it did when I finished making it.

Background + tekst are kinda plain/random, and you should blend your render m8. I would recommend a brush sig tut. Most ps'ers ( and prob GIMP users ) start that way =]. Nice beginners try tho, tut's tut's tut's and keep practising.

Latest:

d2fbbf35487c2c08c3d6a873befa4352.png

fullmetal_alchemist_signature_by_TemplarDragon.png

*GIMP noob approaching*

Okay, so after many failed attempts at trying to figure out how to make a sig, I made one. I wasn't able to successfully cut out the images I wanted, so I just stopped trying for a while. xP

Anyhoo, here it is:

inuyashasigthing.jpg

It's really plain, doesn't have text, and is very amateurish (if even that). But being the first sig that I've made, I'm rather happy with it. =P I'm still experimenting with the different filters and other magical effects.

EDIT: I think the copy I made of it got changed a bit... It looks different than it did when I finished making it.
The reason why it has changed is because you saved it in JPEG format. When you want to make it have better quality you need to save it .png

Nice attempt by the way! It's much better than my first.

Twilight link, those two tags are beyond awesome. I really need to learn some new techniques.

Hylian Hobbit

Delightfully Delicious ;P
Thanks for the tips TL and ML. They are much appreciated. :)

I've gone through a few tutorials, and made about 5 more sigs. As well as some random stuff for fun.

I did this one earlier today:

dablackmage.png

It has a few imperfections on the right side of the render (messed it up while cutting out what I wanted), and I ran into a few problems while making it. But this is what I ended up with.

Last edited:
:xd: Anything with Vivi in it gets my stamp of approval. And your coming along very nicely there Wayne. I'd like to know what brushes or filters you used to make your background in that.

Made_Of_Win

Hugh Jackman's Boxers
Thanks for the tips TL and ML. They are much appreciated. :)

I've gone through a few tutorials, and made about 5 more sigs. As well as some random stuff for fun.

I did this one earlier today:

dablackmage.png

It has a few imperfections on the right side of the render (messed it up while cutting out what I wanted), and I ran into a few problems while making it. But this is what I ended up with.

Wow, that's awesome. I actually didn't notice the tiny mistakes and if you never mentioned them, I wouldn't now they were there.

10/10.

I recently created a set of composed of a tag and an avatar. Both are based of Bleach (a Japanese manga/anime).

Two versions of the avatar, both based of Axle the Beast's.
v1:
ichigoava1.png

v2:
ichigoava2.png

tag/sig:
bleachsigtxtsmall.png

Could I please have your input on the set? And which avatar do you think is better?

And comments or constructive criticism is welcome.

R

RupeeBlue

Art GCSE - Paper Pointillist Poe (WIP)

So yeah, because I am THAT cool, I decided to make my final piece for my GCSE art project something Zelda related. After a quick brain fart or two, I decided to make a big collage of a poe using only ripped up pages from magazines.

Am I mad? Yes.
Am I awesome? Probably not.

Anyway, enough faffing about. Here's what you came to see.
It's still in the works and i'll update you with pics as I progress.

Criticism please!
I'm doing it in seperate parts. The hood, then body, then the hands and lantern.

Wow! That looks really cool! I always love practical art projects like these; they are much better and painting if you ask me. It's a very creative concept that has probably never been done! I cannot wait to see the finished product. Good luck to you!

P.S. This probably should've gone in the art thread, but I'm not completely sure.

Smitie

The Dutch Kusagari
You are right Master Link, that is why I merged the two threads :)

I think your poe looks very cool rupeeblue. It reminds me of a small classproject I had years ago where I had to create a monster with chickenfence and plaster it with paper and glue.

EDIT: I made a new signature thingie. I'm very proud with the background (since I made that myself :P). I also added the claw and the left shoulder. The original picture had the arms a bit lower and without them volvagia looks more like an angry snake :P

volvagiasig2.png

Last edited:
That actually looks like a decent desktop! I can see that you used the perspective tool a lot. I've never used it that much myself, but I can see how it works well in desktop wallpapers.

In short, great work and keep it up!

S

Sword of Faith

Smitie: Sweet Banner of Volvagia. My only problem with it is the green parts in the bottom left hand corner. They throw off the bottom part of Volvagia's mane slightly.

I made a few banners, so here they are.

alche.png

Using my new Alchemy Brushes :wave:

zoraness.png

Using my (not) new water brushes!
wolf.png

My Current Sig =D
avvielol.png

My Made-from-scratch Avatar

tsubasa.png

Tsubasa Resevoir Chronicles FTW!

sotwtech1.png

I was experimenting with Neon here.

sotw38.png

Chuck Norris = Automatic win.

rotom.png

Rotoms, Transform and Plazma Out!

okami.png

And for a Grand Finale... *drumroll* Okami Amaterasu!

Well, I know it's a lot, but how do you lot like them? The first lot were made on Gimp, but the last 2 are made with Macromedia Fireworks.

T

TwilightLink

@ Smitie: Nice Volvagia signature, good render placement, triforce font is kinda overused tho. Overall good look, but needs a finishing touch like... ( Light source, depth etc).

@Sword of Faith: Lot of great ideas, but you should follow more tutorials. 1 tip: Tekst should never take a filling role on your sig background. Never. Font size 5 is readable.

Keep it up.

Smitie

The Dutch Kusagari
@twilightlink: What do you mean with light source? I'm a gimp noob, so I don't know most techniques. Can you explain this light source thing for me :puppy:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom