• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Official Graphics/Art Thread

Ahh yes. Here is my first creation in a while. I created this as a request for Kazumi and I am quite please with the turnout. Comments and (constructive) criticism please!

kazsig.gif

Bomby I really love that signature. I can't put my finger on why I really like it but it probably has to do with the simplicity of it while it is also original. Keep doing great stuff!

S

Sword of Faith

Out of pure boredom, I made this sig:
slingshot.png

I also made these:
deoxys.png

frodo1.png

knux2.png

C & C, please.

V

Volvox

You'll want to download a good program first, like GIMP. GIMP is free. You can download it at their website: http://www.gimp.org/

After that you'll probably just wanna fool around with it for a bit, and get used to the program. Once you know some basics, google around for some GIMP signature tutorials. :)

Anyways, heres my current sig I made:
volvoxsiggreenlinksosur.png

And an avatar I use on alot of forums. Its too big for this forum, so I have it in my sig cuz I like it:
link_animated_avatar_1.gif

So yeah, comments please. Even though they amateurish. I rendered some of the images myself, while others came in a pre-rendered Zelda GIMP brush set.

I have always been pretty simplistic when it comes to desigining my signatures. The first forum I joined was Mortal Kombat Online, and the majority of my signatures over there consisted of pictures I would make out of sprites, backgrounds, etc, from the games. I like doing things like this, rather than making a big fancy signature. But I have made a few, especially here, that are all nice looking. Problem is, I don't use GIMP, because I prefer Photoshop, but I'm not shelling out near 1000 bucks for PS. So whenever I get the chance to download a trial, I make a few things.

Here are a few of the signatures that I used for a while, roughly in order.

sighistory-1.png

V

Volvox

I pretty much like 'em all.

Especially the second and the last.

I really like the second one.

S

Sword of Faith

sonicspeed1.png

One of my better sigs if I do say so myself, although the render cut-out was bad.

V

Volvox

Nice sig SoF. Like you said the render isnt too good, but other than that its great.

And Smitie ... thats absolutely amazing. Really. I could never even come near doing something as good as that. Good job.

basement24

There's a Bazooka in TP!
Feel free to give some comments :)

Great stuff! Yeah, I was never too fond of shading myself, but when done and done well, it really does help give an extra dimension to pieces of art, especially comic / animation styled pieces. I think you did a great job here on it, it's not overpowering, and it's not too subtle, so it works well. It really helps make it seem as if you're looking upwards and it's flying overhead of you.

Keep at shading when you can though, and after awhile, you'll get used to it, and even welcome it! I find in my own work, it can turn a "meh..." piece to a "nice!" piece.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom