• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Official English Intro

An official translation of the intro has gone online:
[video=youtube;elsZP7wGcXA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elsZP7wGcXA[/video]

Found by Gonintendo and Zelda Informer

A

Anthony_Vaughn_

It sure is nice to have an official English version. Now we know exactly what the words are translated to in the story!

Z

zdog

So this doesn't make sense, why did the goddess take everyone up into the sky only to come back and seal away the evil? It seems like if she had the power to seal evil away she would have done it in the first place.

Also, this story has only been handed down for one generation at best by us "humans."

blubb

Ash Gala Wonderful!
So after watching the intro I'm wondering... will we get yet another prequel in the future? I mean that "war" has been mentioned in LttP and in OoT and now, even from the perspective of SS, it still lies in the past? I somehow fear that Zelda Wii U will be the prequel of the prequel (SS) of the prequel (OoT) of the prequel (LttP) of the original Legend of Zelda. I'm kinda disappointed that the "war" won't take place in SS but even earlier...
As long as the games are good (and I'm 100% sure Skyward Sword will be very good) I can forgive every strange story development. But seriously, the series should stop with the prequels at one point.

Z

zdog

She raised Skyloft to protect the triforce from evil, of course.
But wouldn't sealing them away equally protect the tri force as would sending them up into the sky? Why not just seal the evil to begin with?

Also I agree that you can only allude to a ancient war for so long...

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
The Goddess probably sent the humans up on Skyloft for dual protection so that one, they wouldn't be in the crossfire during the remaining conflict to seal away the evil (as it is stated she joined the land dwellers to finish the fight), and two, the Triforce would then be in a very protected place in case the seal over the evil broke or new evil like Ghirahim appeared.

Personally, I like the prequels, since we're seeing so many mysteries from previous games being explained and so many little things tied together. It fleshes out and gives details to the existing story canon. I don't think they will ever make a game on the Sealing War though, it's become so much a legend within the legend that it really shouldn't be explained in detail.

TheMinish

Hero of the Skies
Truly epic! And the music....WOW! If you wanna download the music, check my sig.

This game is going to be truly masterful.

Pen

The game is on!
At first I didn't actually want to watch this video, because I didn't want those kinds of spoilers. But I couldn't resist! After I learned that thrilling backstory my hype for Skyward Sword has just grown stronger. Ah, I can't wait!

The music in this intro is also extraordinarily grand! The first longer part sounds very epic and dramatic. And the music played at the end of the video is very beautiful indeed, it reminds me of The Minish Cap for some reason...

Ganondork

goo
Alright, I pointed out a number of interesting things in the trailer.

At 0:30 when they showed the bad guys, the fellow all the way to the left looked very much like Ghirahim. The fellow in the middle with the weird volcano-like head is probably his "Master." Although this legend is starting to sway me from the idea of them being part of the Dark Interlopers, I'm thinking they're their own organization that's never been mentioned until now.

And then for more obvious stuff. The speaker I'm thinking is Fi. She seems to do the random babbling like what Midna used to do. Her knowledge of all of this is quite obvious; you see the Goddess holding the Lyre that Link will be using, but also a sword. This sword, pointed Skyward, I'm almost certain is the Skyward Sword.

But now we have a few answered questions. The Triforce is obvious the powerful item that the Goddess put on Skyloft alongside the residents. Skyloft is created by the Goddess, which would easily explain how it floats, other than Nintendo logic.

This is definitely a very nice intro, and although I haven't felt really excited like a lot of members here, this is starting to make me very excited.

Caelus

Sage of Wisdom
It's called the Goddess Sword, and Fi is definitely speaking- you can hear her voice at the beginning.

In fact, most of the things Ganondork pointed out has already been found in the leaked Spanish version.
But that doesn't matter :)

Hmm.. I'm a little puzzled, so the people up there KNOW about the land bellow and everything that happened (since this tale was passed down by generations)? And by human they mean human-like, right? The skyloftians are still Hylians, right?

it is a great intro, but the Wind Waker intro is waaaaay better.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom