• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Classic Ocarina of Time vs Majora's Mask

Which one?

• Ocarina of Time

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • Majora's Mask

Votes: 5 50.0%

• Total voters
W

WolfAngel

[/b]Well i thought i'd make a Topic like this so their could be something worth debating on.

Anyway out of these two games on the Nintendo 64 Era which did you like better, Ocarina of Time or Majora's Mask. My Persanol favourite Zelda game is Majora's Mask so i am obviosuly taking the quiet side. I might aswell explain why aswell.

Majora's Mask introduced new and Original Gameplay which showed how awesome Nintendo can be with ideas and either way in my opinion i loved this change. The fact that i could transform into 4 different beings to get through various Temples was literally the best thing that has ever come from Zelda in my opinion. I can't see why Nintendo hasn't tried this again other than TP though being a Wolf wasn't exactaly THAT impressive. I also thought the Music and Sound in Majora's Mask improved alot from Ocarina of Time, i can't explain it in words because i can't compose music but if you have played the game i am sure you would know what i mean though it is only my opinion. I thought Clock Town sounded better than Hyrule Market, i thought all the Temple's Music sounded better than OOT's Temples exept for the Spirit Temple and maybe the Forest. A good reason though for liking it is because it was merely additional to the Zelda series because it didn't take place in the actual main story with Ganondof taking over the worlt yet it stood out surprisingly.
I have played both of the games and i would probably have to say Ocarina of Time. thats b/c i didnt really get into Majoras Mask because the hole sequence of the game was kinda boring. yea it was cool with the transformations and all but it was just too simple. i also hated the part about when you went back in time, you lost all your arrows, bombs, nuts, potions, and any other item that you could get more of. plus it was uber confusing in some places that i didnt really get. i liked OOA better because it was longer (if thats really a reason) and you got to be the older link with the advanced armor and weapons. with as well the part that you could go back and forth through time without worrying about running out of time and being young and older link at the same time. not to mention you got to see sheik which was pretty cool.

P

Punchout

Well the boss battles in OoT were alot better. I mean masks as bosses? It wasnt as good good as ganon being the last boss. Espeicially a dinosaur.

Its a hard decision for me because of the difference of each game. Even though each had many similarities, including many items, OoT was in fact a main stream Zelda series game. By that I mean, if you have Hyrule, Link, Zelda, and most of the time Ganon, that it is a main series game. Ocarina was great, no doubt, but I believe there was much more to explore and do in Majora's Mask.

Plus, Majora's Mask had more of a character base to it. Most of the characters in Ocarina of Time were unimportant, and there were too few of them. In Majora's mask, there were much more characters, each with their own story and issue concerning a piece of the game itself. No, you didn't "have" to get all of the masks in MM, but they were more apart of the game than say, the biggoron's sword, or the ice arrows.

More side quests meant more story into the game, and much more gameplay. As far as depth and creativity goes, Majora's Mask wins hands down. But when it comes to a great, actual Zelda "series" title, and one that you still have fun doing basically the same thing for years, Ocarina wins.

But I would, in the end, choose Ocarina as a better game, for the simple fact of difficulty. Ocarina of Time is a game almost anyone of any age can sit down and play, and it keeps veterans of the series interested as well. Majora's Mask felt like you "had" to have at least beat a few dungeons of Ocarina of Time in order to play it, or at least be accustomed to figuring out puzzles quickly. Ocarina gave gamers the freedom to go wherever, whenever, save whenever, and pick right back up. Majora's Mask was a little more limited as far as time restrictions and accessability goes, and to me, required more skill in playing a game of its kind.

T

TwilightAngel12

I like MM more. It's fun, and the whole time thing is kinda neat, although it's annoying at times.

MajoraKing12

Perfect Harmony
for me it's hrad to choose but with majoras mask there is way cooler things and i love to see when link uses one of the transforming mask. and when he fights majora awesome!!!:clap:

G

Ganondorf11365

I've played both of the games and my opinion would have to go to the Ocarina of Time.It provides you a great story based on Hyrule and the Triforce.Majora's Mask too,was good,but I have to say that OoT was better ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
L

Linkhugger

I find it really hard to decide.

I recently aquired both MM and OOT, and I have to say, I managed to get into MM a lot better than OOT.

The music is escentially the same, but I really did enjoy being able to transform into different beings and the storyline, I think, is fantastic.

As fun as OOT is, I have not been able to get into as much as MM. I found OOT a bit monotonus, actually, but that just my opinion.

Chidori

Mongrel
Holy Hell this topic has sure evolved. Anyways I liked Majora's Mask, epic Song of Healing is epic. Gotta love them Masks 'swell.

I also liked the overall fact that the game was more challenging the Bosses were far more bizzare, that's just fantastic. xD

El Bagu

Wannabe Mr. 1-8-1
It has to be OoT for me. I have not completed MM but I can not see how it could make me change my mind! But if I do I´ll have to make some editing :)

P

Powerbracelet

I know it's an old quote, but

I think Majora's Masks biggest weaknesses are exactly Ocarina of Times strengths. Only 4 major temples in Majora's Mask compared to 9 in Ocarina of Time.

See, and that was what I thought made Majora's Mask better. Temples get kind of redundant after the first few. Whereas a game like Majora's Mask adds other things like the limited time challenges. Plus it makes for a much better movie (yeah, I said it, Ocarina of Time fan movies suck and Majora's Mask movies pwn, especially mine).

The only thing that made Ocarina of Time awesome was the fact that it was the first 3d game, which, like Mases said, only has to do with the fact that it came first. without that, and the kid/adult swapping, and the Deku tree/Kokiri kids, it was basically just a remake of ALttP.

OoT was good, don't get me wrong, but MM was definitely better.

Hmmm. I could have sworn I posted in here.

Now going through Majora's Mask again, I would still say that I like Ocarina of Time better. What I have noticed is that, like most people said, it is completely different from Ocarina of Time. In Majora's Mask, I don't know really what I am doing, it's a hell of a lot harder, and it's really a lot more depressing. Completely different from Ocarina of Time.

Although that's probably been said like 30 times already.

Austin

Austin
I personally preferred Majora's Mask, It had a much more darker feel to it and the storyline was much more gripping.

People may complain that there was not that many temples; but there where a lot of side quests to keep you busy and would easily amount to the time it would take to complete OOT. The Keifa? (sorry I can't remember the name) storyline was like a quest in itself and IMO the best side quest in any Zelda game ever.

I still often find myself booting up my dusty Nintendo 64 and putting in the gold cartridge that was MM. Still to this day it remains my second favorite Zelda game.

I enjoyed both games, but I feel that MM just edges it.

People may complain that there was not that many temples.

Now, normally I would find myself complaining about how there aren't that many temples, but you know, the temples were long. And the temples were hard. That's what I like about it though. And I think a lot of people do too. They didn't put too many temples in there, but the temples they did put in there, they made those ones hard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom