• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

ocarina of time remake

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
In that case it may be best not to call it Ocarina of Time, but something else with a time title. I would not be against a new game set in the Hero of Time period, but a total remake of Ocarina seems to me like its best to just make a new game set around it or from a different perspective or something.
I'd rather a new game w/ this link too, but if we're talking an ocarina of time remake specifically, then it's still going to be largely the same game/story but expanded, and bear in mind I'm talking making the sheik stuff more of a side mode thing like bowser's fury

Daku Rinku

Honorary Gerudo
ZD Champion
I'd rather a new game w/ this link too, but if we're talking an ocarina of time remake specifically, then it's still going to be largely the same game/story but expanded, and bear in mind I'm talking making the sheik stuff more of a side mode thing like bowser's fury
I wouldn't mind a Sheikah Assassin's Creed game. Expand upon Zelda's role. This is the time for it, with EoW being released.

As for a remake of Ocarina as we know it, I stand by what I said earlier. The only thing maybe.. and maybe I would be interested in is if they gave the character dialogue.

Mikey the Gengar

if I had a nickel for every time I ran out of spac
cut content 100%, if you're going to go through the effort to redo the whole game, why not add in some of what was lost during development? also maybe some kind of expansion in the vein as bowser's fury or shadow generations w/ sheik, all she really did that we saw was jump from a tree and use a deku nut, let's see how zelda faired while being as sheik and maybe even let us play that part of her rescuing ruto

I'm not on board w/ remakes generally but if they were going to do it, might as well expand the original game while they're doing it, so long as they have the original version available in some way, which they will if they carry over NSO
I really despise games that make you switch characters actually. Part of the reason I stopped playing the FF7 remake is because it made me play as Barrett or something.

Daku Rinku

Honorary Gerudo
ZD Champion
I really despise games that make you switch characters actually. Part of the reason I stopped playing the FF7 remake is because it made me play as Barrett or something.
I like it occasionally, Halo 2 doing it made me upset until I realized I got to have The Covenant perspective and learn about The Great Journey.

How many frigging remakes do we need? We have the original, GameCube and 3DS versions. If you ask me, I think that's enough.
The game cube version wasn't a remake though so there are 2 versions. if we were to count the gamecube version we would count all the virtual console releases

A Link In Time

To Overcome Harder Challenges
ZD Legend
I think Ocarina of Time has aged well, and the 3DS version has already fixed a lot of its biggest issues like making switching boots easier and aiding gyro controls for aiming which I'd like to return. I'd also want the boss battle mode to return in a potential future Ocarina of Time HD.

My main problem with Ocarina of Time is Hyrule Field so having some extra caves to explore and maybe some obstacles for Epona to jump over would be appreciated.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
As much as I'd love an Ocarina of Time 3D HD remaster, the idea of a full on remake has always appealed to me simply so they can retroactively include current lore into its story and world. While Nintendo has done remakes in the past, it also seems like something they don't really prioritize when they could be making brand new games.

However, with the next Nintendo console on the horizon and the current remake culture the video game industry has found itself in, the possibility of a brand new modern rendition of Ocarina of Time just seems more and more likely.

If the rumored specs are to be believed and the next-gen Nintendo console is comparable to the PS4, which saw games with incredible detail and scope like Red Dead Redemption II, Final Fantasy VII remake, and The Last of Us Part II, then I can definitely see Nintendo experimenting with the technology with safe and surefire hits from the past to fill the gaps of the long development cycles which they have admitted will impact the Switch's successor.

With Tears of the Kingdom having just released last year, I don't expect we'll see the next major Zelda game for a long time, so we'll definitely get something else on the next console before then, whether it's more remasters or even a remake. But an Ocarina of Time remake could also serve as a great opportunity to shape the direction of the next major installment, especially if they decide to bring in elements from Breath of the Wild to keep it familiar to fans of the latest entries while also gauging the interest in a more structured experience with "open-air" elements or simply using the game as a guide for achieving it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom