• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

ocarina of time remake

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
How many frigging remakes do we need? We have the original, GameCube and 3DS versions. If you ask me, I think that's enough.
Well, we have one remake and just a graphical one at that. When I think remakes I tend to think of going from something like this

re2-screenshot-406-1.png

to something like this

resident-evil-2-remake-footage00.jpg

I'd see it as making the game you would have made if you'd the time and technology back then that you do now.

Honestly, I would be happy with a simple port of the 3DS remaster on Switch. There could be improvements made, such as an increased resolution to 1080p, and an increased frame rate to 60hz, as opposed to 30hz. Maybe even AI upscaled textures.

But a full on remake? That's a tremendous undertaking. Plus, it seems unlikely that the current Zelda team wants to go back to that Zelda timeline. They seem very focused on the new timeline. It isn't impossible, but it does seem unlikely, IMO.

I just want OoT on my Switch.
it was the first Zelda game I played when it came out
and I wouldn’t play another one till I bought a switch for BOTW.

Daku Rinku

Honorary Gerudo
ZD Champion
Well, we have one remake and just a graphical one at that. When I think remakes I tend to think of going from something like this

re2-screenshot-406-1.png

to something like this

resident-evil-2-remake-footage00.jpg

I'd see it as making the game you would have made if you'd the time and technology back then that you do now.
I agree, a remake is completely overhauling it to create the game with the current leaps in technology and even do some major changes in storytelling. Just updating graphics is a remaster.

I just want OoT on my Switch.
it was the first Zelda game I played when it came out
and I wouldn’t play another one till I bought a switch for BOTW.
I concur, the Team is focused on a new timeline and honestly I do not want them to go back and tweak stuff. Leave the past as the past.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom