• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time Ocarina of time ending : a paradox ?

At the end of ocarina of time, zelda sends link back to his original timeline. When he was young.
But...if he was young, doesn't that mean there were 2 links there? The one who had just exited kokirir forest, and the link who had completed ocarina of time? Maybe, as well as the fact that her servitude to link was over, Navi maybe realised this and left, to prevent the 2 links meeting ? The effect to the tmeline would be catastrohic. And she couldn't send him to a split timeline becuase then there would be a link in that timeline 2. Link and a parallel version of himslef meeting is also bad. What do you think ?

Is this a time paradox that was resolved by link leaving and going to termina after navi? More over, what would happen if the 2 links met ?

T

timewarp

There aren't two Links in the child timeline. When Zelda sends Link back to his time, it's the same result as when you return the Master Sword to the Pedestal of Time. Link just reappears in the Temple of Time as a child and goes about his way.

Petman1325

Poe Catcher
I do not think this is a paradox. When Zelda sent Link back in time, she may have passed on the story about Link that may have become a legend. In the Child timeline, Link may have told Zelda, and the two may have spread the word about the events. And, there are not two Links, there is only one in Ocarina of Time. It is that during that during the two timelines, only one Link was there. That Link was sleeping for seven years.

And I think you got that title from my own topic about Phantom Hourglass being a paradox...:hmm:

EponaOwns

The Real Master of Epona
This is not a paradix I beleive. Zelda goes back in time by the power of the Ocarina I beleive and Link goes back as a kid. There are not 2 links at a place. When Link gets turned back to a kid he wont go through that experience 7 years in the future. I'm not sure if that helped but that is the best I could do.

I do not think this is a paradox. When Zelda sent Link back in time, she may have passed on the story about Link that may have become a legend. In the Child timeline, Link may have told Zelda, and the two may have spread the word about the events. And, there are not two Links, there is only one in Ocarina of Time. It is that during that during the two timelines, only one Link was there. That Link was sleeping for seven years.

And I think you got that title from my own topic about Phantom Hourglass being a paradox...:hmm:

I did not. Only...at the end, Zelda sends him back to his original time. So in that time, wasnt there also a child link there as well, who had not completed anything ? oh, my head hurts....

Master94

...I come back someday.
This is so simple. There is no paradox. Zelda send him back in time and in the past link is in the future same time when link comes.

kpllk

The future pro yoyoer
~thread moved~

This belongs in Mysteries of Zelda.

That just confused me a LOT, however, I do not think there are two Links. That would mean that there are two adult Links too, but you never know.

kpllk

The future pro yoyoer
Kpllk, stop acting like u vere mod.

I am just trying to say it so that the mods will see it and move it. And it doesn't matter. Soon, when I become a mod, that will REALLY be moved with posts like mine. I was just practising.

A

Alkarius

Well, you really can't know for sure when you will become a mod. Anyways, I'm getting off topic.

It's not a paradox because like timewarp said, the Ocarina gave the smae effect as returning the Master Sword to the Pedestal of Time, Zelda went back in time as well.

I think I get it.....But if he was sent back, what about the Link that had only just have got the 3 gems? would he have gone to the future, therefore meaning that there was only 1 link there?

T

timewarp

I think I get it.....But if he was sent back, what about the Link that had only just have got the 3 gems? would he have gone to the future, therefore meaning that there was only 1 link there?
Look at it this way: if you were standing in the Temple of Time watching Link pull the Master Sword, you see him go up in that blue light column, and disappear. Very shortly afterwards, you would see the blue light again, and Link would appear, letting go of the Master Sword, which is now in the pedestal again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom