• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time Ocarina of time ending : a paradox ?

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
Look at it this way: if you were standing in the Temple of Time watching Link pull the Master Sword, you see him go up in that blue light column, and disappear. Very shortly afterwards, you would see the blue light again, and Link would appear, letting go of the Master Sword, which is now in the pedestal again.

this wouldnt happen. Link is sent back to a time before he went to the future and he is sent back by Zelda, not by the power of the master sword. we see him walking up to Zelda in the gardens of the castle where he first met her in the game and this all took place before he was sealed for 7 years, so no, you would not see him reappear putting the master sword in the pedastal.

also, there would not be two links at all. he was not just plain old sent back in time. he is sent back to his original time before anything happened. he is sent back to HIS childhood, not just back to the time of his childhood. it is literally as if nothing had happened and if nothing had happened yet, then there is no future link to go back in time which means there is only one link.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
Well, you really can't know for sure when you will become a mod. Anyways, I'm getting off topic.

It's not a paradox because like timewarp said, the Ocarina gave the smae effect as returning the Master Sword to the Pedestal of Time, Zelda went back in time as well.

Zelda doesnt go back in time. she stays in the future with ganondorf. thats why there is a timesplit. if she didnt stay in THAT future then there would be no royal family bloodline to continue on.

Amelie

Air Dancer
I dont think there is two links. When Link goes back in time its just one Link. But it does make you wonder why Ganon didnt get out of the sacred realm after Link goes back in time.

Like people say. Time travel doesnt make since ><

Like oging back and stopping someone dying. If they didnt die, you wouldnt have goneback to top it. But if you hadnt ogne back ot stop it, they would be dead and you would save them, but that would mean you hadnt done it, so they owuld die, etc. that what you mean? I call that a time loop.

Z

zeldaocarina96

what annoys me is that the game just ends and thats it, i thought it would be nice to at leat be able to run around in the newly saved Hyrule but instead all you can do is fight anondorf for the rest of your life, shooot!
well hey the game is a masterpiece tho..:)

what annoys me is that the game just ends and thats it, i thought it would be nice to at leat be able to run around in the newly saved Hyrule but instead all you can do is fight anondorf for the rest of your life, shooot!
well hey the game is a masterpiece tho..:)

Most Nintendo games make you keep fighting the last boss over again after you beat the game.

Yeah. As much as I wish I could run around a newly saved hyrule, I'd Hae to only be able to battle Ganon once.

S

SethOmega

STOP STOP!!!! This time paradox crap make mah head hurt. Its not a paradox because Zelda warped him back to just after he had entered picked up the Master Sword.

Kybyrian

I don't think there is a paradox here. When she sends Link back it's basically just like whenever Link returns the Master Sword to the pedestal, as said before.

M

Myungster

Paradox?

Okay, the two links theory is a nice thought, except you didn't desribe it well. Instead of moving through time, time moves through Link. That being said, the 2 links can never meet. Adult Link never goes into the past, Link just becomes Young Link.

As for the paradox...
The VERY ending, when Link is in the courtyard, Zelda seems shocked to see him, just like when they first met. So it's like the begining is the end...

Which is a paradox in a way.

basement24

There's a Bazooka in TP!
The VERY ending, when Link is in the courtyard, Zelda seems shocked to see him, just like when they first met. So it's like the begining is the end...

See, this is what always got me about the ending. I figured that the game was an endless loop. Link returned home and then went back to see Zelda again and the whole thing started again. He'd get to the end yet again, and then be sent back in time only to do it again, and again, and again.

I never thought this was a problem to have happened this way either, because the original working Japanese title of Majora's Mask supposedly translates into "Zelda Side Story". I thought the events of MM happened somewhere in the events of OoT, but we didn't hear about it until afterwards. I never thought it was a sequel.

I always thought this endless loop idea worked as well because Link had the Ocarina in the beginning of MM. If he'd been sent back to the past and then set out on his MM adventure, he shouldn't have the Ocarina because adult Zelda took it back from him in the future and sent him back in time to being a kid. So, future adult Zelda would still be in posession of the Ocarina.

I think I'm slightly getting off topic here, but esentially because of all this craziness I posted above, I just assumed the ending of Ocarina of Time created an endless loop.

I think I'm getting a headache now... :S

STOP STOP!!!! This time paradox crap make mah head hurt. Its not a paradox because Zelda warped him back to just after he had entered picked up the Master Sword.

Wrong Zelda sent Link back to before he ever met her,as we can tell by the fact that she's still living in the castle,when he goes to see her at the end of the game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom