• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Now That Hoenn is Confirmed, Which Starter and Which Version?

Which starter and which version?

• omega ruby

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • alpha sapphire

• treecko

• torchic

• mudkip

• Total voters

Dragoncat

Twilit wildcat: Aerofelis
I'm jumping on the nostalgia train here, by getting a treecko and the ruby version, just like I did so long ago. Granted, I've done different things on different playthroughs. I've even played sapphire and emerald. But these two choices make me feel warm and fuzzy and remember the good old days.

If my treecko is male, I'll name him the same thing I named him back then: Vineberry. I'll name a female Leafwind. My groudon will be Rex. I actually had two groudons named Rex and Raptor thanks to colosseum...but Rex was the first.

How about you?

Beeker

Wild Card
I'll def pick my very first starter: Treecko. As for version, I'm not sure yet. I could go full nostalgia and pick Omega Ruby, but I'll see what Alpha Sapphire has to offer in the coming months before I make my decision.

pkfroce

Skelepuns
Definitely going to feel the nostalgia by picking Omega Ruby and Mudkip. Ruby was my first game and I'm extremely hyped to relive my childhood in 3D. And Mudkip was my very first Pokemon ever. NEVER FORGET.

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
I'm probably just going to get both.

And since I got Torchic when I played Ruby I'll probably get Mudkip in one version and Treecko in the other.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I've always chosen Pokemon based on which pokemon I like better. Assuming I'm able to get the game, I'm choosing Alpha Sapphire because I like Kyogre better than Groudon and I'm choosing Treecko as my starter because he's the only Gen III starter to which I like all of the evolutionary forms.

BoxTar

i got bored and posted something
The first pokemon game I ever owned was Ruby, but I'm going for Sapphire to change it up. I really love Kyogre more than Groudon, even though Groudon does hold a bit more sentimental value.

AS for starter, is gonna be Mudkip or Torchic. I'm gonna think about it, since I am getting a Kyogre, but its gonna be WAY later into the game. But I love Swampert with a burning passion because of his water/ground typ matchup. We'll see, I suppose :P

Dragoncat

Twilit wildcat: Aerofelis
I'm probably just going to get both.
You monster. Show some sympathy for those of us who can't get both due to funds, among other reasons... *shot*

Honestly though...why get both? So you can have both a groudon and a kyogre without having to trade with someone? Because they'll both be pretty much the same game otherwise...

Sir Quaffler

May we meet again
I am picking up Alpha Sapphire. I will be transferring all the other Pokemon over to AS anyways, and I like Kyogre and Groudon equally (I like Rayquaza more than either, but since we aren't getting Chaos Emerald I'll just have to make do) so my choice is made entirely based on which version has Seviper in-game. And that would be Sapphire.

And as far as which starter I'll go with, it's obvious. Treecko was my very first Pokemon ever, and I'll be taking a trip down nostalgia lane with my Sceptile named Geico. I really really REALLY hope Geico gets a Mega Evo, that would be the icing on the cake for me: relive my childhood memories, but BETTER!

I never owned Ruby or Sapphire. Emerald was the only dip I had into the Hoenn region. I chose Torchic as my starter the first time around and Treecko on my other version of Emerald; don't ask why I bought two copies.

Since I've never had Mudkip as my starter, I'll choose it in when I pick up Omega Ruby. Sorry, Kyogre, but Groudon's design screams giant fire Godzilla. It's always been one of my favorite legendaries, both in abilities and design.

Dan

I'll be getting ruby as it was the first version of Gen III I purchased and played. Treeko shall be the started Pokemon once again as well, while the other starters have grown on me a bit through time, I'm still not that fond of either, so I'll be chilling with my main man Treeko in my super badass den. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom