• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Now or Later

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Sevenyearwait

I've been kicking around in OoT for a while because i am procrastinating doing the fire temple. Should I get the biggoron sword now? Or should I wait untill i have finished the temple?

Dr3W21

shoegaze girl
I think you should get it as soon as you can. I'm in the middle of the Water Temple (also procrastinating cuz I'm stuck) and I only have to do the last 2 steps to get it.

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
For me, I try to make it like a story and do it when it's convenient. I get the mushroom when I just happen to be in the lost woods. The poacher saw isn't traded though until you get to the Gerudo fortress, so you won't see it for a while. It feels more comfortable for me when I just happen to be at the right place. Makes it more like a movie.

February Eve

ZD District Attorney
Depends on what you want it for. I actually always get it before even the forest temple, because I like having it vs the bosses. If you're doing fine as it is, though, I don't think it's imperative that you get it right away.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
You should get it ASAP, if you are the type to speedkill bosses. If you wish for a challenge, play without it. I don't get the Big G's sword until Shadow Temple, but that is me vs Bongo Bongo. All in all, it IS YOUR choice, so you should decide whether you want the game to be 2x easier than a normal playthrough or not.

shan-tastic

nine thousand and one.
Biggoron's Sword helps a lot during the Dark Link battle in the water temple, and proves to be very, very useful after that. I guess it really depends on how far you are, but whether you do the sequence before or after you finish the fire temple is up to you.

I never used it till the end of the game.....youll see why. I just dont understand how the big goron sword is stronger than the mater sword?

SheikahWarrior

Randomus Pervertus
i never even knew about it until my 3-heart OoT playthrough :P i got it before the water temple and it helped in the Dark Link battle, 2 hits = death :D

insanity76

I don't suffer from it ..
When I do my typical playthrough I get it between the Forest & Fire Temple (which is the point you're at). It's kinda ideal to get it then since the side quest ends at the top of Death Mountain which is right by the Fire Temple. If you're gonna get it before doing the Ice Cavern/Water Temple it's a good idea to buy a bottle of Blue Fire, as you need it for one of the trading sequences. The fire costs 300 rupees at the Kakariko shop so you'll need the Giants' Wallet. You can always go to the Ice Cavern and get blue fire for free, but for me it's well worth spending the 300 to not to go out of the way to get it there. Plus, I buy it before the Forest Temple, so I earn a lot of the 300 back thanks to the Wallmasters. Even still, from where you're at in the game you'll make the 300 back before you know it .. and you really aren't gonna be spending any money on anything anyway, at least not until probably near the end.

Last edited:
I usually get it first thing in the game when I turn adult, as soon as I get Epona but usually that makes the game too easy especially on bosses haha so I've stopped getting it lately

F

FierceDeityLink

I finished the game with out getting the Biggoron sword. I tried to get it but I failed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom