• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

No school!!!!!

TheGreen

is climbin' in yo windows
Well, in Texas where I live at, it is freaking cold and there is ice everywhere, I hate it. But there was school today, but I decided to stay home and in my very warm bed. <3

I'm in texas as well, and I'm thoroughly unprepared for the weather. It seems as though no combonation of jackets can keep the wind out. :/
I did have school the past two days, but I didn't have to table (stand behind a table and advertise my Ballroom club) so that's good.
This morning I had no electricity, or rather just enough to turn on my computer to see that nothing was cancelled.:dry:

purplelink

Who started saying Big Mood
thanks guys for all your comments, remember help the elderly, stay warm, and most importantly DONT DRIVE

A

Argorok

I live in Loveland Colorado and school was closed yesterday and today. Though there is about a half an inch of snow on the ground :yuck: but it is about -20 degrees :D

I live in the Valley of California... and well... I think we've taken your warmth... We've had some of the nicest days we've seen in QUITE a long while... Have fun with your no school adventures I'll just have to wait till Valentines (Lincoln's Birthday) Day, for my day off.

Eduarda

Srishti is annie is eduarda right?
Major winter storm with snow and blowing snow today. The major storm which was born in Texas late Monday is tracking northeast across Northern Ohio this morning accompanied by a shield of wintery precipitation. The heaviest snow along with frequent blowing snow has settled over regions adjacent to Georgian Bay to Eastern Ontario with lighter snow elsewhere. The heavier snow will gradually weaken throughout the day while residual snow will continue to affect Southwestern Ontario to the Golden Horseshoe. Widespread total snowfall amounts of 15 to 20 centimetres are likely by the time the storm ends by this evening. The snow will be mixed at times this morning with ice pellets and freezing rain in the Niagara region. This is a warning that dangerous winter weather conditions are imminent or occurring in these regions. Monitor weather conditions..Listen for updated statements.

This winter storm is having a major impact on travel with frequent blowing and drifting snow. Motorists should be prepared to change plans accordingly to avoid unnecessary travel during the storm as conditions will be dangerous. If driving is necessary..Make sure you have an emergency kit..And if your car gets stuck..Remain calm and stay in your car. The winter storm is expected to end in all regions by this evening as the storm centre moves further away over New England. Environment Canada continues to monitor this dangerous winter storm and will issue further watches and warnings as necessary.

The 'Groundhog Day Storm' is pounding southern Ontario with heaps of snow. Upwards of 30 cm is forecast for some areas by the mid-afternoon.

As of 5 a.m. this morning, Windsor had already been hit with 15 cm. The snow, combined with forceful winds and even lightning strikes has prompted Environment Canada to issue a blizzard warning for parts of the region, including London and Hamilton. The rest of the region is under a winter storm warning.

Dayna Vettese, a meteorologist here at The Weather Network says that “the worst of the snowfall is over for the Toronto area and the system is now tracking east towards Kingston and Ottawa.” These areas are expected to see up to 20 cm of snow by the time the storm rolls through.
As the snow eases across most of southern Ontario by the evening hours, it'll be revving up across Quebec and the Maritimes throughout Wednesday afternoon. More than 35 cm is expected to hammer Halifax and surrounding area

First aid kit :xd: Sorry, I found that funny. I live in Southern Ontario. Well It's a day off of School today. There's expected to be 30 cm of snow on the ground. The storm seems quite unpredictable right now. At night, it's going to hit -15 degrees C, and it's going to feel like -24 degrees C D: Well, we've experienced worse this winter :P

The storm hit and was a major disappointment for us :P. Supposed to hit overnight, and I think we ended up with a measly four inches. That's everyday stuff. And yet every school in the area, and every business if they could get away with it, closed.

I did think it was funny, though - one of our local colleges canceled all of their ONLINE classes due to the storm....

Y2K3

Lushier than Mercy!
Keep your storms to yourself! This is supposed to hit us tonight/tomorrow (assuming it's the same one), and I'm not looking forward to this at all. I absolutely loathe snow days (well, snow in general). If it magically became summer and 20 I'd be the happiest person in the world.
Although apparently the new president of the uni doesn't want to close the school, so I might have to get up really early to clear the driveway so I can get to school. Bah humbug!

purplelink

hi guys back for another update, my entire neighborhood is just trenches now we shoveled out tunnels and paths but the roads are still blocked hopefully no school for the next two days

Ghosi

Schmetterling
I feel so bad for people living up north! I saw the mess in Chicago on the television this morning. We just had another 90° day here in sunny South Florida. Like I said, I personally do not like warm weather, and I would rather be hit by a cold front than a warm. Fortunately, a cold front is coming! In other news, I co-live in Hungary, and I have heard that it snows a lot there, especially in the last winter months. Believe it or not, we had a huge snow storm in 2007, in the beginning of March. February is the last winter month, so the ending of winter celebration "Farsang" will be taking place soon. :)

Last edited:

Raven

Former Hylian Knight
School was canceled today, which was nice, but since I graduated high school I've been working. So i didn't really get the day off because of the snow but I did get the day off because I had dental surgery, the hospitals were still open... and I had an appointment to get all four of my wisdom teeth out. They put me under with a bunch of (legal) drugs and afterwards as a result I get to stay home tomorrow as well. So for me it's like an extended snow day, I didn't see what the storm did to central Canada but I can certainly imagine, we got the after affects of the storm here in Atlantic Canada, but it had lost a bit of strength, we still had a blizzard though (about 75 cm of snow). I'd like to send some encouragement out that way so if you got hit by the storm just know that on the east coast (I'm in Nova Scotia) we usually get tons and tons of snow because we live right next to the ocean. Stay warm and stay safe all, winter can be a cruel mistress.

I live in the Valley of California... and well... I think we've taken your warmth... We've had some of the nicest days we've seen in QUITE a long while... Have fun with your no school adventures I'll just have to wait till Valentines (Lincoln's Birthday) Day, for my day off.

I live in Norcal and we're finally getting +60, even though it's still cold

purplelink

woohoo thanks to lake shore drive here in chicago i still dont have school which means i had 3 days of freedom woooooooo so far plus the weekend wooooooohhhhhhoooooooo equals five days of fun seriosly though the side streets are still a mess

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom