• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Night Hut Mafia - The Treacherous Neighborhoods

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 14134

I understand what you're saying Mido, but my vote stays. Scum no doubt would have shared their neighborhoods even if we hadn't, and that would just be more information that they would have that we would not. For me it's less the disagreement and more what not sharing would lead us to.

I actually agree with Libk in this case. We dont know what the scum will be doing - we should be wary and not play into their hands. This game should be an easy win, but that means scum have to be crafty
So lets be careful and keep watch of the nightkill and try to judge their strategy before forming our own.

This is really the only inconsistency I can find in Dekus posts. Initially he disagree with storms idea that we should of kept the mafia hidden then agreed with Libk when he said we should of waited to reveal it. I might be nitpicking here and I don't think this is enough evidence to vote for Deku. The most incriminating piece of evidence was his lack of activity yesterday when people were asking him for opinions. I'll be looking into other things and I'll wait to see what Deku has to say before voting.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
Was about 80% sure Pendio would die tonight given his experience.

Sorry to my brother Mido, at the end of the day when he wasn't defending himself I thought he's probably a VT then, but I couldn't bring myself to unvote as I've been tricked by that method before (by ALIT iirc). If it's between Deku and Libk, I gotta go with Deku because I just feel Libk's passion was too much. Although, I gotta admit I'm a bit iffy about the fact that Libk was suspicious of me, but it's hard to have an objective view there.

What is extremely indicative of typical Deku scum play is he voted Storm immediately after me. As I noted last day, I found this stank a little bit. He often votes for his scum buds on day one, especially if he sees a potential lynch coming. At the very least, I don't think this vote is alignment-indicative, and if it is, it's indicative of scum.

I'd like to see @DekuNut 's own opinion on who he thinks is scum.

Also welcome, @Ver-go-a-go-go

Jamie

@Prophecies About Bok Choy You misread that. Deku was saying he agreed with Libk that now that the reveal is done, we should wait to see what scum does before making a concrete plan on how to tackle everything.

D

Deleted member 14134

@Prophecies About Bok Choy You misread that. Deku was saying he agreed with Libk that now that the reveal is done, we should wait to see what scum does before making a concrete plan on how to tackle everything.
then agreed with Libk when he said we shoud of waited to reveal it.

No I didn't, I might of worded it funny but I got what he meant. Just pointed out that he went from agreeing to reveal the neighbourhoods to agreeing to waiting but like I said I'm probably nitpicking here as the idea of waiting hadn't really been brought up before Libk spoke up.

Jamie

No I didn't, I might of worded it funny but I got what he meant. Just pointed out that he went from agreeing to reveal the neighbourhoods to agreeing to waiting but like I said I'm probably nitpicking here as the idea of waiting hadn't really been brought up before Libk spoke up.
No he never agreed to wait to reveal. He only agreed to wait for scum's kill before planning what we should do. Koki was saying we should for sure do one neighbourhood at a time, and scum is going to try to spread out kills until townies are confirmed. Libk was saying no, scum isn't necessarily going to do that, so we should wait to see who they kill and if they spread out their kills to decide what we will do (which I think we should do the same thing either way,but that was Libk's argument). Deku was only responding to that idea, not revealing the neighbourhoods.

Jamie

To clarify, Deku was always fine with the reveal, but not fine with having some concrete town plan following the reveal. Libk wanted neither.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
Hey gents and ladies
Sorry for my absence yesterday. I went home for the weekend and these 24 hour days are messing me up. Im still working on catching up with yesterday, but I know that Mido died, and looking at peoples posts beforehand most people will turn to me. While reading Ill try to get reads on Libk and Jamie, and any questions people have can be directed at me right now. Im also reading the current day as I go, so I should answer in a reasonable amount of time.
And Bok, Jamie does show my correct views here. I dont believe youre the first to make that mistake either.

D

Deleted member 14134

I also want to point out that if we find the scum in neighbourhood 3 today then the remaining two members (who will be confirmed town at that point) will probably become the night target as all 3 have more experience than Kenshin(the last remaining confirmed town in hood 1). With that said I think all 3 should give their thoughts on everyone in my neighbourhood (me, minish link, koki and ver/cslaught) before the end of the day as it might be their last chance to. With that said @Jamie @DekuNut and @Libk what are your thoughts on neighbourhood 2.

Also, @Kaio-Kenshin if we don't hit scum today then you will most likely be the target as the last confirmed town. It would be helpful if you could get your thoughts in before tonight as it might be your last chance as well.

D

Deleted member 14134

And Bok, Jamie does show my correct views here. I dont believe youre the first to make that mistake either.

Yes I understand that now. I only looked at your posts and didn't reread the entire conversation regarding that post. It was an amateurish mistake, so I'll be sure to take a more thorough look at conversations in the future and not just single out one specific post.

Jamie

I also want to point out that if we find the scum in neighbourhood 3 today then the remaining two members (who will be confirmed town at that point) will probably become the night target as all 3 have more experience than Kenshin(the last remaining confirmed town in hood 1). With that said I think all 3 should give their thoughts on everyone in my neighbourhood (me, minish link, koki and ver/cslaught) before the end of the day as it might be their last chance to. With that said @Jamie @DekuNut and @Libk what are your thoughts on neighbourhood 2.

Also, @Kaio-Kenshin if we don't hit scum today then you will most likely be the target as the last confirmed town. It would be helpful if you could get your thoughts in before tonight as it might be your last chance as well.
I obviously can't read Vergo. You don't seem to be scum to me, but it's hard to read new players because you don't know their skill level or anything. I'm reading you as town, but with enough help from scummates you could make some of the posts you made (like revealing neighbourhoods), can't imagine you'd do that independently to start the day if you were scum without help from your mates though. It's a bit curious that Storm didn't respond to you and only responded to me, but I cannot read that ****er.

If I had to pick between Minish and koki right now, I'd pick koki, but it's tough. A lot of it for me would depend on Libk's alignment, given koki's accusations of libk. Neighbourhood 2 for me has flown relatively under the radar though. One guy was inactive and one is new, other two are very experienced (although haven't played with Minish much). Will be much easier once we find scum in hood 3.

Kaio-Kenshin

Prophecies About Bok Choy
Minish_Link
kokirion
Ver-go-a-go-go

Jamie
DekuNut
Libk

Jamie

oops fuked up my neighbourhood list
Kaio-Kenshin

Prophecies About Bok Choy
Minish_Link
kokirion
Ver-go-a-go-go

Jamie
DekuNut
Libk

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
With Mido's reveal as a townie, I'll have to go back and re-read the whole thread to see how things look now. Like Jamie said, with Mido's lack of defending himself even after all the votes on him, I did start to think he could be a townie, but I wasn't sure, especially since there was a lot of evidence that looked weird at the time.

I also agree with Bok, that neighborhood 3 and Kenshin should give their thoughts on our hut. Now that Ver-go has replaced Cslaught, we might be able to get a read there. We need to keep in mind that the Astronomer could use their power and cause us to lose a day, so it's really important for townies to post their thoughts before that happens.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
@Libk who do you think is more likely to be scum between myself and Jamie?

@Jamie second verse, same as the first, except I'm assuming you won't be stating yourself, so put Libk's name in place of your own in that sentence.

So, let's see... Day 2... let's start with Pen's question for me here:
@DekuNut what are your current suspicions and general thoughts? And what do you have to say about some people finding your vote on Storm/Tristan to be odd?
Suspicions are coming; Jamie's thoughts on my vote do make sense - I've been far from afraid to bus in the past. But at the same time, I feel like it was a legitimate vote. So... yeah, that's all I've got for that.

Let's get this out of the way real fast so we know where everyone stands.
At the end of the day, I can see why Mido was lynched. Tbh, I probably would've voted for him myself if I'd been here. Sad to see a bro go.

Anyways, time for a bit of wagonomics:

The vote order was Jamie, Pen, Minish and Bok.

Let's glance at their vote posts:
Okay, now I really really don't like this. I thought your post about Pendio was townie before but the fact that you brought it up even knowing it's irrelevant makes me feel like you were pretending you didn't know Tristan's alignment to gain town cred. This is really, really bad for me. Don't like you pointing this out at all.
Unvote
Vote: Mido
I feel like it's a slight overreaction, but I can see how he found it scummy.

No Johnny! Nooooo! D: You will be missed.

Out of all the votes on Tristan yesterday I think Mido's was the most odd one. Seemed like a vote that a fellow Mafia member would place in hopes of gaining town credibility. Everyone else on Tristan's bandwagon yesterday are leaning Town for me.

Some of the things that Jamie and Minish just pointed out about Mido make me further suspicious of him.

Pen, could you go more in-depth on your analysis of Mido's D1 vote? Was it anything more than the timing?

I figured he might just be impossible to read, but wanted to point all of that out just in case. But your point about him having a scum read on Libk being similar to other games where he's bussed other maf is interesting and the type of info I was looking for on the matter. It was a thought I had, but I dunno, I'm still leaning town for Libk.

I agree that Mido's vote on Tristan does feel odd. He and DekuNut are the ones I've felt most suspicious of in that hut, but his vote along with what I pointed out make me feel more suspicious of him than Deku right now.

Not a lot of detail in this vote. lots of agreeing with others - Pen, Jamie, etc. Why is it that you find his vote on Tristan interesting, Minish? I would like to hear from both of you on this matter. And also, he may be worth looking into once we've found the scum that's in Hut 3.

Going back to Midos third post (which was a response to Dekus post saying how he has no idea how storm could have a read on Libk this early and his first post of substance) I noticed that Mido defended Storm about already having a read on Libk. Though unless there was any neighbourhood chat (which I strongly doubt since it was very early in the game) Libk had not made a single post yet so a read on him that early would be utterly impossible (unless he was scum which he turned out to be). I find the fact that he defended storms baseless read as a little suspicious.

As others have pointed out already, I'm not sure why Mido voted so late in the day when Storm/Tristan already had 5 votes against him and the day was almost over. It does seem like it might of been a last minute attempt to join the bandwagon and gain some town credit after disappearing for most of the day after the first post of his I quoted. Why not vote earlier in the day then? He specifically says that "early red flags lead me to this point, even if he himself did not raise them through his actions." If his earlier actions were what convinced you why vote then instead of when it was already too late for him.

This seems like a last minute attempt to distance himself from Storm possibly pretending that he doesn't know his alignment since Storm was already a sinking ship.

I'm going to post some more thoughts in abit about Mido but based off this and what I'll post shortly I'm getting a feeling that Mido is scum.

Vote Mido

I'd like to hear Dekus thoughts on the matter before the day ends as he is the only one in neighbourhood 3 yet to make a post today
As far as I'm aware, Bok is the first to make reference to Mido's post 3 in this way, which I like. His vote gets my support.

So, out of the four votes on Mido, I find Minish's the worst.

As for Libk's vote...
I never disagreed with on you on focusing on one neighborhood at a time. All I was trying to do was get a clarification from you which you never gave. I explained how both strategies work out in worst case scenario for town and asked you if you thought we should spread our focus instead of just going one neighborhood at a time if mafia follows our strategy of one at a time. YOU YOURSELF SAID WE SHOULD DO THE OPPOSITE STRATEGY OF SCUM. All I was saying was that we needed to wait to see what mafia would do in order to know what strategy we should use. And you're taking that as disagreeing about a strategy that we honestly couldn't commit to until we knew how scum would play their night phase? That makes no sense to me.

The fact you said that we need to do the opposite of what scum is going to do, AND said we should focus on one neighborhood at a time as if you knew for sure scum would spread out, AND you said we shouldn't play adaptively, that doesn't sit right with me. Disagreeing with me about playing adaptively when you suggested we play the opposite strategy of scum, that's a contradiction. The only way to play opposite strategy of scum is to go through a night phase. There's no way you could know scum plans were to spread out unless you are scum and know their strategy.

Now that said, they have to focus on clearing out the confirmed. So are we going to play opposite their strategy now? Or are we going to clear another neighborhood out?

So yeah I agree Mido is a bit strange there as well, but I still stand by a koki lynch.

Vote: Kokirion
You never replied to the following post by Koki:
In that case we simply both misunderstood each other there. I did indeed get the feeling you disagreed. And I never said we always have to do the opposite of what scum is doing, in that case you did not understand me either. I said that the best tactic for the scum is to spread the damage. The better tactic for the town and the worst for scum is to focuss on one neighbourhood at the time. So we should play the tactic opposite of the one the mafia would prefer. And now we see we are forcing them to join us. With those confirmed townies they have to stick to killing them till they are gone. Their spreading tactic is already dead. In their best scenario, we would not have hit scum on day 1.
I didn't respond to that question because I did not get it, because apparently you did not get me either, and we have already made our points about that discussion countless of times. It doesn't matter to keep repeating that if we don't change our minds. Our points have been made, so I left it.
What're your thoughts on this? Does this reduce your suspicion of him? Or is he continuing to misunderstand you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom