• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Night Hut Mafia - The Treacherous Neighborhoods

Status
Not open for further replies.

Libk

Spaceballs: The Mafia Player
Jamie I think you're wrong on this one. Having the huts be open knowledge gives mafia focus that they may not have had before. I feel that they're less likely to make errors in their choices now. Let's talk theoretical

We lynch town day 1, mafia hits a Townie night 1 who's in sane hut as day 1, we have 50/50 shot at hitting mafia on day 2 with basically no info, depending on the two remaining. Misslynch, then night 2 mafia kills someone in a different hut. Yeah we're gonna bag 1 scum for sure now, but we've cleared no one, abd going into day 3 we will have lost 5 town members and will be in lylo with a 33% chance of hitting scum in a neighborhood.

Storm

Ghost of The Roleplay Section
Libk makes sense

Btw Libk. Who are you feeling in your Hood? If we can solidify a Scum hit in your bunk, none of your theory has to happen

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
Jamie I think you're wrong on this one. Having the huts be open knowledge gives mafia focus that they may not have had before. I feel that they're less likely to make errors in their choices now. Let's talk theoretical

We lynch town day 1, mafia hits a Townie night 1 who's in sane hut as day 1, we have 50/50 shot at hitting mafia on day 2 with basically no info, depending on the two remaining. Misslynch, then night 2 mafia kills someone in a different hut. Yeah we're gonna bag 1 scum for sure now, but we've cleared no one, abd going into day 3 we will have lost 5 town members and will be in lylo with a 33% chance of hitting scum in a neighborhood.

That theoretical could happen regardless of whether we revealed who was in which neighborhood. Like I said, scum would let each other know who was in their neighborhood anyways so it's still the same. If we lynch townie day 1, mafia still know what neighborhood they were in and who else is in that neighborhood that they could kill.

Storm

Well Min lets go into Roles

Lets say we lynch a VT by mistake
And the members of that hut are the Survivor and the asshole. All scum would have to do is hit the Survivor, and then Scum is assured in that Hut. Depending on Hot Potatoes

Libk

That theoretical could happen regardless of whether we revealed who was in which neighborhood. Like I said, scum would let each other know who was in their neighborhood anyways so it's still the same. If we lynch townie day 1, mafia still know what neighborhood they were in and who else is in that neighborhood that they could kill.
Right but my point was that by revealing and making everything known we lessen the chance that mafia makes mistakes and we give them more focus. We eliminate human error on their side. I think that's detrimental in this set up.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
Right but my point was that by revealing and making everything known we lessen the chance that mafia makes mistakes and we give them more focus. We eliminate human error on their side. I think that's detrimental in this set up.

Sorry, but I still just don't see how that makes sense. It's info mafia already has, us reiterating that info doesn't give them any more advantage. I can see how your theoretical could maybe make sense if the three scum were inexperienced players. However, just in your neighborhood alone, all four of you are pretty focused and experienced mafia players, and one of you are scum. Even if the other two scum are inexperienced players, the scum in your neighborhood wouldn't let them lose focus and make an error like that.

Storm

Jamie has been acting rather goal-oriented. But i have no doubt in saying he is town or 3rd. He wants to win. At any cost. If he is town he has a 55% chance of being Vanilla, and 11% the other 4 roles. I see no reason to trust him for now. If he assholes or potatoes we know who to blame.

Libk

The thing is I can't change the fact things were already told but I can still be suspicious of how quickly. And his statement that he will manipulate what he can to win doesn't set with me well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom