• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

New Smash Characters?

J

John

Liquid Snake would kick ***. Capcom characters like Mega Man or anyone from Resident Evil sounds unlikely since Nintendo is apparently butthurt over how Capcom bailed out of their Resident Evil exclusivity contract.

Then again, with Revelations and Mercs for the 3DS coming out...

Mr.Verto

爆発物マネージャ
You people are fogetting one amzingly important character for Smash

GENO

Although he is owned by Square, he did his biggest and only amzing debug in Super Mario RPG.....Since then he hasnt been playable in any game, he deserves to shine agian for the fans, Nintendo, Square and for everybody.

Sadly Square is to selfish to let him go

Since some people are mentioning Non-nintendo characters, I might as well add 'Raguna/Laguna' to the collection. He's the main character/protagonist in Rune Factory and Rune Factory Frontier, which is a spin-off of Harvest Moon. He's sort of like Link in a way, and I'm sure some of his attacks would be pretty useful (swordplay and magic).

I've never really played any games that involve Vaati, but from what I've heard, he seems to be a rather good character to be placed in the roster of playable characters... I mean, I'm sure everyone has some final smash ideas...

I heard a suggestion for Toon Zelda and Toon Ganon, but... I don't see how the combat skills of Zelda and Toon Zelda would be much different. If she transformed into Tetra as Zelda to Sheik, maybe... but they're still too similar. As for Ganondorf, the entire dual sword idea is neat and everything, but I think it would be... difficult to master the controls of that on such a screen as the Super Smash Bros. has... and besides... what would his final smash be? I like the Wind Waker characters and everything, but if they remove the unique toon/cel-shading from them like they did Toon Link, it may ruin most of the fun. :P

(If we could list people from animes, which I'm choosing not to, I'd have this long list of people from Bleach, W.I.T.C.H and... maybe others... :P)

I forgot someone in my previous post. U-Mos from Metroid Prime 2: Echoes. I'm currently in the Torvus Bog part of the game (Just got the Seeker Missiles) and if there's two things I've learned thus far, its that
1. Echoes is quite a bit more difficult than Prime 1 in many ways.
2. U-Mos is cool.

And it would make sense, too. It's not like they would be dropping in a random character with made-up attacks because they had none in their original games. That would not be the case with U-Mos. Let me explain.

If you scan him, this is what you get.
"Subject is U-Mos, a Sentinel of the Luminoth. Scans indicate numerous beneficial abilities, including heightened reflexes, durability, psionics, and flight. Ability to generate and manipulate energy on par with that of the Chozo. Dating scans suggest an age of 2.15 centicycles. Only known active member of the species; remaining Luminoth locked in protective stasis until crisis is resolved." Thank you, Wikitroid. I wouldn't have been able to remember that by myself.

So, look at that. Pretty impressive list, huh? Heightened reflexes and durability, psionics, and flight. Not to mention being able to generate and manipulate energy on par with the Chozo. The oldest Luminoth lived to be 1,000 years old (10 centicycles) and U-Mos is 2.15 centcycles old, making him "in his twenties by human standards", according to Wikitroid. So he's young and strong too.

In addition to all that, if you shoot at him, your shots bounce off, as he apparently generates some sort of bubble-like force field around him. This might make a good B-Down attack (as B-Downs are usually either defensive or explosive attacks, I.E. Mario's Fludd, Ness's projectile absorb thing, Link's bombs, Samus's morph ball bombs, etc.) similiar to Ness's, except shots bounce off instead of being absorbed.

Also, he was apparently able to protect the Great Temple, the final Energy Controller, and his fellow sleeping Luminoth for a great amount of time against the entire Ing Horde, so there's that as well.

Well, geez. I could have just said I'd like U-Mos in SSB because he's really cool and has a lot of abilities, but instead I decided to write a novel. I didn't need to PROVE that he could do well in a fight. Oh well, I'm not doing all that work for nothing, so I'm leaving it all in.

LolGames4U

Viceroy of Area 11
How about...Epona? As an assist. I don't have an SSB games because my mom thinks they're too violent (I'm workin on it!) but as a playable character...Konata from the Lucky Star games! I love Lucky Star and I know there are games for DS in Japan! Konata would kick major butt.

Godkarmachine

Angry Megaman Fan
mmm well my decisions would be:
Megaman
Megaman X
Zero
(for those three I've even imagined and created a moveset xD, if you are interested just ask)
Leon S. Kennedy
Simon Belmont
Chuck Norris (just kidding, this is impossible since no one can defeat him xD but it would be awesome)
Toon Zelda
Alucard
Travis Touchdown
Albert Wesker

D33V92

Son of the Patriots
I can see Leon Kennedy's final smash be a few powerful shots from the rocket launcher he uses at the end of Res4. (They could even have Ada throw down to him)
But, of course, if they have Leon they must have Chris and his final smash would be the satellite laser he uses to destroy the giant uroboros monster on the ship in Res5.

Please, Godkarmachine (Who is behind me, and invisible...I looked :eek:) explain this moveset you have imagined.

Stallord

Twilit Fossil
I can honestly say that the only characters I'd like to see added that I can think of off the top of my head are third-party characters. Nintendo's doing just fine with the first-party ones. And the characters I want are:

Megaman-EVERYONE wants this guy on here. Just put him on, Nintendo.

Sora-The Kingdom Hearts main series may only be limited to the PlayStation, but Nintendo could possibly get the rights to put Sora on.

Banjo and Kazooie-Probably won't happen because of the whole Rare and Microsoft thing, but it would still be nice to see these two. Besides, if the next Smash Bros. is on the 3DS, like I hope, then there IS a possibility of them being on that game. (I won't get into details, but since Microsoft doesn't have a handheld system, Rare can still make games on Nintendo's handhelds.)

Liquid Ocelot-Why not bring the antagonist of the Metal Gear Solid series along with the protagonist?

Dr. Robotnik-Same as above, except for the Sonic series. But I'd rather see him as a boss, since I think he just fits that category better.

Travis Touchdown-I doubt he'll make it since he's from an M-rated game (albeit a Nintendo exclusive one) but it would be awesome to see what moves he can pull off. And while we're at it, bring Henry on board too.

You people are fogetting one amzingly important character for Smash

GENO

Although he is owned by Square, he did his biggest and only amzing debug in Super Mario RPG.....Since then he hasnt been playable in any game, he deserves to shine agian for the fans, Nintendo, Square and for everybody.

Sadly Square is to selfish to let him go

In the last thread of this topic, he was an overrated choice.
I believe Mallow would be a better sight. Geno basically had some guns, chargeable lasers, and ... not much else. He would basically be a Samus clone.
Mallow can cast various electrokinetic spells, one that's really strong but only hits one enemy, and a weak one that hits many enemies, plus some snowstorms and starstorms (Earthbound, much?). Mallow is also part cloud, so he should be able to float around a bit. He also uses large cymbals to stun opponents, which would be a cool attack to switch up the action. Overall, Mallow seems to have more interesting options than Geno, who turns out really to have the same basic concept of a dumbed down Samus.

Godkarmachine

Angry Megaman Fan
I can see Leon Kennedy's final smash be a few powerful shots from the rocket launcher he uses at the end of Res4. (They could even have Ada throw down to him)
But, of course, if they have Leon they must have Chris and his final smash would be the satellite laser he uses to destroy the giant uroboros monster on the ship in Res5.

Please, Godkarmachine (Who is behind me, and invisible...I looked :eek:) explain this moveset you have imagined.

First of all thanks for the interest xD
Well umm they would be...

Megaman
-Up smash: Black hole (megaman V game boy)
-Side smash: Some generic force shield attack like the one Megaman Volnutt uses in tatsunoko vs capcom with his shield arm
-Down smash: Commando bomb (megaman 10, its shockwaves fit just perfectly)
-Up strong: can be a kick like the up strong of snake in brawl or Megaman Volnutt's down/forward + strong attack kick from TvsC
-side strong: slash claw (megaman 7)
-down strong: Some generic kick, every character has it xD
-Dash attack: dash xD (or charge kick from megaman 5 as it does the same thing)
-Air neutral: top spin (megaman 3)(even if it sucks in the actual game xD)
-Air forward: could be a punch with the buster or a blast with the buster, meteor smash like the one mario has
-Air backwards: backwards kick (like fox, falco and wolf)
-Air down: a buster blast (like Ivysaur's aerial downward)
-simple a would be the weak combo like everyone else
-B: mega buster (of course), can charge it while walking but can't use other special moves while charging
-side B: could be any weapon (maybe quick boomerang, metal blade, electric beam, etc...)
-down B: Jewel satellite (megaman 9) can be used te reflect attacks like fox and falco's reflector
-up B: rush coil
-Grabbing would be with thunder claw from megaman 8
-Final Smash: Weapon Overdrive (He starts to shoot a barrage of special weapons)

Megaman X
-Up smash: Rising fire (megaman X4)
-Side smash: Spinning Blade (megaman X3, shoots two razor discs)
-Down smash: Melt creeper (megaman X8, two rows of fire go to each side)
-strong side: Z Saber (as he uses it in megaman X6)
-Strong up: Like the one for megaman
-strong down: like the one for megaman xD
-dash attack: soul body (a clone of X appears in front of you damaging the enemy)
-Air neutral: triad thunder (three electric balls appear surrounding you)
-the rest of aerials would be like the ones for megaman
-B: X buster, can be charged twice
-side B: Like megaman's one, can be any weapon
-up B: Nova strike, similar to fire fox or fire bird (fox and falco)
-down B: rolling shield, absorbs attacks
-grab attack is regular
-Final Smash: Seraph Form (Like the final boss from Megaman Zero)

Zero
-Up Smash: Shoenzan (zero slashes upwards with a fire saber)
-Side smash: Charged saber attack from Megaman Zero series
-Down Smash: Earth gaizer (Zero punches the ground making it explode from both sides)
-Up strong: Up slash
-Side strong: Saber combo (three hits, like the one in Megaman X4, X5)
-Down Strong: Kick
-Dash attack: Shipuuga (Zero waves his saber in a quick way)
-Simple A would be the saber combo from Megaman Zero series (three hits)
-Air neutral: Kuuenzan (rolling saber slash)
-Air forward: Saber slash (like Ike's)
-Air backwards: Saber slash (like ike's)
-Air downward: Hyouretsuzan (falls to the ground with an ice saber, similar to Link's down thrust)
-B: Zero Buster
-side B: Raikousen (like fox and falco's side B, Zero teleports stabbing with an electric saber and leaving a thunder in his path)
-down B: Ensuizan (Zero does a rapid rolling slash)
-up B: Ryuenjin (similar to marth's up b, Zero rises with a fire saber)
-Grabbing With the chain rod from Megaman Zero 2
-Final Smash: genmurei (shots three giant crescent shaped waves from his saber that instant KO anyone who is struck)

About the M-rated characters... Snake is from a M-rated game and he appeared in Brawl so I see no problem with others

Last edited:

Kirino

Tatakae
Paper Mario. And no, he would not be a Mario clone, because anyone who has played a Paper Mario game knows Paper Mario has a completly different moveset than Mario. Maybe some of his attacks could use his partners from Paper Mario 3DS. And he could also use his hammer. They should also replace Lucario with Zoroark.

Aero_Dynamic

エアロダイナミック
We need people from Castlevania, Megaman, Final Fantasy, and Kingdom Hearts. For me, really, I really want to have Kingdom Hearts characters in a SSB game, like
Sora V-1 and V-2, Donald, Goofy, Mickey, Aqua, Terra, Ventus, Roxas, Riku, Organization 13 members, yeah. That would make my day.

Kirino

Tatakae
In the last thread of this topic, he was an overrated choice.
I believe Mallow would be a better sight. Geno basically had some guns, chargeable lasers, and ... not much else. He would basically be a Samus clone.
Mallow can cast various electrokinetic spells, one that's really strong but only hits one enemy, and a weak one that hits many enemies, plus some snowstorms and starstorms (Earthbound, much?). Mallow is also part cloud, so he should be able to float around a bit. He also uses large cymbals to stun opponents, which would be a cool attack to switch up the action. Overall, Mallow seems to have more interesting options than Geno, who turns out really to have the same basic concept of a dumbed down Samus.

I could think up a bunch of moves for Geno that wouldn't make him a Samus clone. All the A buttons could be punching in some form, B could be finger shot, B right could be double punch, and Final smash would be Geno Flash.

Xixor

Warrior of the Past
Why can't they just include Ash Ketchum instead of generic "pokemon trainer." He's more iconic of Nintendo anyways.

Also some characters to add:
Mii (Play as your Mii!)
Tingle (Final smash: Tingle! Tingle! Kaloom-pah!)
Paula (Better PSI than Ness...)
Mega Man!
Toad (Awesomeness)
Starfy (aka Stafy)
Sir Kibble (replacing (maybe?) Meta Knight)
Gallade (from Pokemon) (Who doesn't think this is one of the best fighters ever!)

That's all I can think of right now.

Edit: Oh yeah, and Dracomajora, I have wanted Paper Mario for a long time now!

Hylian Knight

Green Armored Menace
I would someone from the Goemon games personally Sasuke- the ninja robot.

I'd like to someone from the Goemon games in particular Sasuke and also Peppy or Slippy from Starfox.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom