• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

New Smash Characters?

D33V92

Son of the Patriots
There's probably already a thread like this but.....

What characters do you think they should add to the next Super Smash brothers game?

I think they should include the following:
Mega Man
Duke Nukem
Liquid Snake
Metal Gear
Chris Redfield
Jill Valentine
Albert Wesker
Waluigi
Some folks from Animal Crossing
The farmer from Harvest Moon
Duke Nukem
James Bond
Bomberman
Glover
Duke Nukem
The rest of the Star Fox cast (Except the annoying frog)
Goron Link
Zora Link
Deku Link
Diety Link
Duke Nukem
Seriously, Duke Nukem would be hilarious he's such an M rated character surrounded by E rated characters lol
Ecco the Dolphin
That guy from River City Ransom
Spiderman
And last but not least, Hannah Montana (KIDDING)

Wow, that is a list that you got going there. :lol:

There is some character's that I wish that was in:
Vaati, and I do not want Shadow as a "helping" character, he needs to be part of the action!

And personally, I think that a certain character should be out. (JigglyPuff, I just did not care for him.)

squirrelguys

Hero of Slimes
I'd like to see Shadow the Hedgehog, Malon, Marin, maybe some Final Fantasy characters, since Ganondorfs there why not Vaati and Majora?

EDIT Must have posted the same time or did not see the above post:S

Another Metal Gear character would be cool, I don't play the game but I do know the general story of it.

And personally, I think that a certain character should be out. (JigglyPuff, I just did not care for him.)
I loved Jigglypuff. :(

Anyway. I think they should do what they always have, to start. Replace current characters with their most modern equivalents. Every Smash game has used the version of their characters from the last console generation (and RARELY some of the current generation). Example, in Brawl we had Twilight Princess Link, Mario Sunshine Mario, etc. Sometimes characters are swapped out for the most recent hero, like Roy for Ike, and this should happen as well.

As for new characters? Well people I'd want that I think there's any change of seeing include Ridley from Metroid, and Petey Piranha (as playable). I think they should fill out their list of villains and female characters a bit, personally.

In terms of non-Nintendo characters, I do want to see more, but I want to see it in moderation. I don't see any reason why they would suddenly spam it up with non-Nintendo characters like some people seem to think they will. Snake and Sonic both have heavy histories with Nintendo. What about their presence means that we're going to see a tide of unrelated characters? No, I think that we'll see a few new characters from other Nintendo-related companies. I think we'll specifically see:

Mega Man, who started on Nintendo systems and constantly appears on them to this day. It will likely be either classic Mega Man (because of Mega Man 9 and 10 on the Virtual Console) OR Mega Man Legends' version, because of the new Legends game coming out on the 3DS (I think the Legends Mega Man is most likely). I expect someone from Final Fantasy, which has basically the same relation to Nintendo that Mega Man does. I expect something classic and iconic, probably a Black Mage. And I also expect something from Castlevania, another series that started on Nintendo, and even today gets major sequels on Nintendo systems. This is a perfect excuse to use a villain, because Dracula has always been more iconic than any of the protagonists of the series. Bomberman is another possibility to see, but I don't find him as likely as the last three I mentioned.

I will be legitimately suprised if I don't see characters from Mega Man, Final Fantasy, and Castlevania by the way. I think it's a heavy and logical probability. I do however doubt nor want them to add more than one character from each non-Nintendo series. Swap them out, sure, but never more than one playable per game.

Let's see here...
Kuros (Wizards & Warriors series)
Billy Blitz (Clash at Demonhead)
Jason and SOFIA III (Blaster Master)
Quote/Curly Brace (Cave Story)
Haggle Man (Retro Game Challenge)
Heracles (Glory of Heracles series)
Sir Arthur (Ghosts n' Goblins series)
Ristar (Ristar)

... much obscurity, no?

D33V92

Son of the Patriots
Oh, yeah, Castelvania too. I'm sure the addition of Castelvania characters would probably create some interesting options for items as well. I can see Captain Falcon running around with the whip lol.

And I like the obscurity there, fredthehylian. I like the idea of reaching into the ultra retro vault lol. The only one of those I recognize is Clash at Demonhead and that's just because I researched its reference in the Scott Pilgrim books/movie. WE ARE SEX BOB-OMB 1 2 3 4!

I mantain the opinion that Master Chief would be hilarious in Smash Brothers. No, of course it's not happening anytime soon, but if it ever does, Smash would be just a little bit more complete. Call me a noob, call me a Halo fanboy, but I want it to happen.

They need to expand on the female characters, though. Like maybe a female Pokemon trainer with third gen starters (Mudkip, Grovyle, and Blaziken to match Pokemon Trainer's Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Charizard) and Rosalina. Those two are all that come to mind, though.

squirrelguys

Hero of Slimes
The like I and others have mentioned a black mage would be perfect. Just think he could use spells for the normal attacks and the final smash could be meteor.

Zarom

The King
Here are the characters I want the most:

[FONT=&quot]1. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]King K. Rool[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]2. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Dixie Kong[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]3. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Ridley[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]4. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Tingle[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]5. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Skull Kid[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]6. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Krystal[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]7. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Toad[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]8. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Black Shadow[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]9. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Waluigi[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]10. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Vaati[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]11. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Isaac[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]12. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Tom Nook[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]13. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Eggplant Wizard[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]14. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Samurai Goroh[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]15. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Mii

As for 3rd party characters, here are the ones that are the most likely to appear:

Mega Man
Bomberman
Rayman
Pac-Man
Simon Belmont (from Castlevania)
[/FONT]

The only one of those I recognize is Clash at Demonhead and that's just because I researched its reference in the Scott Pilgrim books/movie. WE ARE SEX BOB-OMB 1 2 3 4!

I'm not surprised. Scott Pilgrim references a lot of old games (Crash n' the Boys was a sports series on the NES if you didn't know.)

To keep on track, I think I'll explain Mr. Blitz from Clash at Demonhead. Clash at Demonhead is essentially Metroid on Earth, but with a few different power-ups. Here's a list of Blitz's powers and what button combo it would probably be assigned to.
Shrinking (Down :cool:- Obvious
Gun (:cool:- Obvious
Throwing weapons (daggers, ninja stars, grenades, etc.) (Side :cool:- Obvious
Jetpack (Up :cool:- Essentially Snake's cypher or ROB's up b.
Levitate (Down :cool:- Jetpack with better control, but a shorter flight time.
Karate (any A combo)- Obvious
Super Suit (Final Smash)- This upgrades his resistance to attacks, the strength of his own attacks, the power and size of his throwing weapons, the caliber of his gun, and the flight time of his levitation or jetpack. I don't think shrinking would be changed much.

I'm unsure whether or not the down-special move should be shrinking or levitating.

D33V92

Son of the Patriots
But, those pokemon are classic! Okay, perhaps if they do include a second pokemon trainer, he can use this generation of Pokemon.

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
I agree with Mega Man and Shadow the Hedgehog. If you want a helper character from Sonic, Tails is the obvious answer as he defines "helper" when it comes to Sonic. I also heard someone once say King K.Rule and I think that he would be an interesting character. Also, I think Young Link should be remade into Majora's Mask's young Link where he is like Pokemon Trainer. In that he has four different forms (Young Link, Deku Link, Goron Link, and Zora Link) and his final smash would be Fierce Deity Link with sword beam included.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom