• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

New Ganondorf?

Chris

It has been awhile...
Well I was looking over the Timeline section and I noticed something, TP takes place about 100 years after Oot. So, if we remember the special rule, "A male Gerudo is born every 100 years," Then what happened to the second ganondorf? Think, it was 100 years after Oot, which was not the first game, so that adds even more to the years. So, if way over 100 years have past, where is this new Ganondorf.

Discuss.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
Well I was looking over the Timeline section and I noticed something, TP takes place about 100 years after Oot. So, if we remember the special rule, "A male Gerudo is born every 100 years," Then what happened to the second ganondorf? Think, it was 100 years after Oot, which was not the first game, so that adds even more to the years. So, if way over 100 years have past, where is this new Ganondorf.

Discuss.

the Gerudo are not in any other games except for OoT and MM which take place close together. there cant be a male born every 100 years if there is no Gerudo race to make this so.

they died out somewhere along the way, leaving ganondorf the last male of the race, and ganondorf is immortal, so to speak, so no, there is no new ganondorf.

and ganondorf was power hungry, and evil. even if the Gerudo were still around and there was a male, that doesnt mean he would be evil, because if you remember, the Gerudo are not evil at all, just ganondorf. so if there is a new male, it is likely he is just living his life with his people.

Chris

It has been awhile...
Well, I know the race was wiped out but since the race of gerudos were all female, how can they reproduce? It leaves me to thinking that Males are "formed" every 100 years, but without any help from the Gerudos.

What leads me to thinking that he would be evil is that there is only one Gerudo male that we know of and he is evil, so how do we know that all of the Gerudo males aren't evil?

Also, you said that the Gerudo were only in Oot and MM, right? Well Ganondorf was in Loz and Aol too, so you are wrong.

Kazumi

chagy
Welllllllll chances are thats the same Ganondorf from OoT because the Triforce of Power makes him immortal. Also in my opinion (this may be weird.....) wouldn't the male (Ganondorf for example) 'mate' with random Gerudo and that would make new Gerudo and one would be a boy and then it would repeat. But since Ganondorf was in the Evil Realm they would die out because they could not reproduce. Right???>.>

Well, I know the race was wiped out but since the race of gerudos were all female, how can they reproduce? It leaves me to thinking that Males are "formed" every 100 years, but without any help from the Gerudos.

What leads me to thinking that he would be evil is that there is only one Gerudo male that we know of and he is evil, so how do we know that all of the Gerudo males aren't evil?

Also, you said that the Gerudo were only in Oot and MM, right? Well Ganondorf was in Loz and Aol too, so you are wrong.

According to Ocarina of Time, the Gerudo leave for castle town to "find a boyfriend".

And true, that idea of Ganondorf being evil due to the fact he is Gerudo isn't very objective, if at all. However, I would imagine that he was born with a certain geneolgy that induced his lust for power, complemented by any grudges he might hold agaist the Royal Family.
In Twilight Princess, Zant talks about how much he despises the Royal Family and how they disgust him. I would imagine Ganondorf would feel likewise.

Ganondorf was in LoZ and AoL, however, Ganon was portrayed as a 'pig' like creature in AoL, and has seen other incarnations than humanoid. This leads me to believe one thing,

and ganondorf is immortal, so to speak

I don't think Ganondorf would be immortal, but more, 'Ganon', is immortal. Ganon consistently appears, but only appears in a humanoid form in a few games. Also, when you fight 'Ganon', in Ocarina of Time, he appears more like a 'pig', as his 'true' form. However, that's just my speculation on the matter.

Kybyrian

Well, for one, if there was another male Gerudo, they wouldn't necessarily call him Ganondorf, anyway.

And, as stated in I think the second post, the Gerudo died out somewhere along the way, leaving Ganondorf, whom is immortal, so to say.

And along the terms of the Gerudo's reproducing, I'm going to assume that HylianPrincess is correct.

Chris

It has been awhile...
Welllllllll chances are thats the same Ganondorf from OoT because the Triforce of Power makes him immortal. Also in my opinion (this may be weird.....) wouldn't the male (Ganondorf for example) 'mate' with random Gerudo and that would make new Gerudo and one would be a boy and then it would repeat. But since Ganondorf was in the Evil Realm they would die out because they could not reproduce. Right???>.>

Well, your theroy seems right but, if Ganondorf was to mate with random Gerudos, what happened if they never had a Male and it was only female. Also, how was the first male created anyways, if there was no male to start with, then they could not reproduce. Since a male is created every 100 years, there could not have been a starting Male, they would have to wait 100 years for it, though how is that male formed if there is only females, he must have been created by someone. And every 100 years, that same person probably makes a new Male.

Kybyrian

Asking how the first male came to be is like asking how everything else came to be.

1. It's a game, much less a Zelda Game.

2. I'm assuming the Goddesses had their part in it, of course.

Kazumi

chagy
Welllllllllll just like in real life (even though i support evelution) the goddesess created the Gerudo already having a male just like Hylians. And according to the legend every 100 years so there would have to be a male for the legend to be true. So there isnt a time with no male except when Ganon nob was in the Evil Realm so they died out.

Chris

It has been awhile...
Asking how the first male came to be is like asking how everything else came to be.

1. It's a game, much less a Zelda Game.

2. I'm assuming the Goddesses had their part in it, of course.

Well, the goddesses probably made the first Male but think of this, Why is there a male every 100 years, if he keeps randomly mating, like you said was correct, then how do you know it will be every 100 years? If it is "random" Mating, then how do you know a male will not be born within the 100 years.

octorok74

TETTAC
Koume and Kotake were the surragate mother of Ganondorf in OOT, so if they didn't actually die then they could have done the same thing all over again.

Kazumi

chagy
Well if there was no male then they would have died out along time ago. So there always has been.

This would probably lead to a fallacious argument, but oh well.

I would suppose that the chromosomes of the Gerudo have a dominant trait causing there to be more chances of a male child. Also, who says that only one child is born every 100 years? I'm sure there could be other children born, but only a male child is kept. However, that still doesn't explain why it's exaclty 100 years. I guess because it's Zelda.

Kybyrian

Well, the goddesses probably made the first Male but think of this, Why is there a male every 100 years, if he keeps randomly mating, like you said was correct, then how do you know it will be every 100 years? If it is "random" Mating, then how do you know a male will not be born within the 100 years.

You prove a point and bring me to the part where I change my original statement. It's possible that every one-hundred years, the Goddesses create another male Gerudo. I mean, it seems plausible, but I guess we won't ever know for sure.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
you guys should actually do research before making accusations, or ask questions rahter than saying what you think is true. if you pay attention to OoT, the gossip stones tell you that the Gerudo go to Hyrule to find Hylian Boyfriends (not exact quote). this means that they mate with those men, not Gerudo men (because there is only one every 100 years. the Gerudo mate with the Hylian race, creating more Gerudo females, then, after 100 years, a male is born. technically speaking, Ganondorf is part Hylian.

also, when i said that ganondorf is immortal, i meant his spirit, not his body.

and one more thing. ganondorf was not in AoL or LoZ, Ganon was. ganon is not even human, let alone a Gerudo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom