• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

New 3-D Dark World

Chris

It has been awhile...
Now, I personally think that a new Dark World would be awsome. It would bring back the item Magic Mirror.

It would be so cool getting to see all the Dark world enemies in 3-D. Also, it would give you a shot at more Dungeons, which would also be cool. I feel that the newer games don't have enough Dungeons.

Also, I had the idea that Link would transform into Dark Link when in the Dark World. He would have black clothes with a Dark complection and a Wierd Master Sword.

So, what do you think, Discuss.

Interesting idea. But I think if Dark Link were to be introduced, the game should explore more the area of "darkness' itself. Show an internal struggle with Link becoming "Dark Link", albeit a struggle to not remain "Dark Link".

Hmm.

Not the biggest hugest complete fan of it, but I wouldn't mind either. As with Kitsu, it would probably have to go really far in depth of who Dark Link actually is and why Link is that way instead of say, a pig like in ALTTP.

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
Interesting idea. But I think if Dark Link were to be introduced, the game should explore more the area of "darkness' itself. Show an internal struggle with Link becoming "Dark Link", albeit a struggle to not remain "Dark Link".

That would sound like a rip-off of metroid prime 3: echoes... also, Getting back on topic, Eiji Aonuma said they were considering in remaking ALttP with TP's graphics enhanced

F

Failure

Hmm.

Not the biggest hugest complete fan of it, but I wouldn't mind either. As with Kitsu, it would probably have to go really far in depth of who Dark Link actually is and why Link is that way instead of say, a pig like in ALTTP.

I thought he turned into a cute pink bunny rabbit to reflect the soft, cuddly aspects of his nature? XD

I like the idea. I've always wanted Nintendo to go further with the Sacred Realm concept of the game; to date I think only one game has allowed you to explore its twsited form. I would love to see it being a struggle to navigate just as in ALttP, but perhaps with even tougher and deadlier enemies.

Ninty would have to time it right though; coming off of the twilight realm of TP I think they should give the idea a rest for a bit. They need to develop some new ideas which would make the Dark World game seem fresh and not just a rehashed ALttP.

I like the concept of Link having to struggle with his inner darkness to maintain his hero qualities while in the Dark World. I'm not sure how the developers would work that into a game where the hero's thoughts are controlled by the gamer- a person intending to do as much good because that results in completing the game.

I love ALttP, but I don't think I'd like the idea of a remake. I would much prefer they take the best aspects of the game and work them into a new Zelda title *nods*

I personally think that this would be a great game where Link struggles in a fight of turning into DarkLink where maybe he could be used as an assassin. I have always wanted a Zelda game where you could be Darklink and get hired for Assassinations against people of the Light side and Dark contenders for Ganondorf. I would be pretty cool.

Chris

It has been awhile...

Well, he would probably have to fight the Evil Magic that has transformed him into Dark Link (Same as Wolf Link's situation). There will have been a new Villain introduced that is a Magician. He has cast a spell on Link that sends him into the Dark World and changes his body. Also, I forgot to mention that the Magic Mirror can be used in any world, Dark or Light.

HELL YES. The Dark World was badass. I badly want to see it in 3D. And not only could they have more dungeons, they could have more interesting and creepier dungeons as well.

And I really like that idea: him turning into Dark Link. I would like that! ^_^

Akiranon

Fallen Knight
There's too many Dark Worlds nowadays. Back in the day the idea was new and original. Now even Super Paper Mario uses it, Metroid Prime 2 had something similar too, even Prince of Persia did.

Of course I'd love to see them try something different, or at least use the concept in an original way.

There's too many Dark Worlds nowadays. Back in the day the idea was new and original. Now even Super Paper Mario uses it, Metroid Prime 2 had something similar too, even Prince of Persia did.

Of course I'd love to see them try something different, or at least use the concept in an original way.
But the LttP Dark World was so unique compared to all those other "Dark Worlds" in other games, wasn't it?

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
That would sound like a rip-off of metroid prime 3: echoes... also, Getting back on topic, Eiji Aonuma said they were considering in remaking ALttP with TP's graphics enhanced

Yes the whole dark and light thing is getting a little old. not just zelda and metroid, but with so many games.

But yeah, still i would like to see a 3d Alttp.

I would like it to be more of an "in-between", sort of between Dark and Light, a gray area. Not like the Twilight, but more of an area that's sort of frozen in time. I think it would be more interesting if done more in the style of the original Twilight Realm in the early screen shots. Gray-toned, with certain aspects coloured, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom