• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Majora's Mask Need Help in Great Bay Temple!

Status
Not open for further replies.
i know how to do just everything. but how do you defeat the gekko? i keep shooting ice arrows at him but he doesn't freeze. what should i do? and how do you defeat the boss?:embarrassed: any advice is welcome! thank you!:D

Well, he will move around at first, and you have to shoot him with a normal arrow. After that he'll jump up with all his water freeze it than get your arrows out and shoot him when he falls and the ice breaks( or go quickly to him and slash him with your sword). Repeat until he's dead. :) good luck Shopy!

To defeat the boss Gyorg you must simply shoot him with an arrow while on the platform. He will sink down to the bottom of the pool. Use zora link and swim near him, use the energy shield when you get close enough. Quickly get back to the middle platform after you hit him and repeat, easy as cake!.

Last edited:

insanity76

I don't suffer from it ..
The ice arrows only work on him when he goes up to the ceiling and forms the 1 huge blob. Other than that, just chase him around and keep at him.

As far as the boss .. I usually will get close enough to the edge to get a clear shot with an arrow, hit him to stun him, then throw on the Zora mask and dive in the water, hit him with the electric field attack (hold Z), then quickly do a dolphin jump out of the water and onto the platform. Then keep that up until he dies. It's tricky, but easy once you get the hang of it.

i only hit the gekko with ice arrows when he's on the ceiling but that doesn't work. everytime i try he freezes for one second then unfreezes. then keeps coming at me then he drops and kills me!

That's odd... maybe you should look on youtube for a video walkthrough to see if you're doing it right. Otherwise I don't know why that's happening sorry I can't help. Good Luck Shopy! :)

insanity76

Also, you can watch for his shadow on the ground to avoid getting smashed by him when he drops down .. once he lands, lay into him with the sword. If you have the bunny hood, by all means wear it during the fight so you can catch up to him easier. Or you can shoot him with a regular arrow if you have a hard time catching up to him.

It's been a while since I've fought him so my memory's a little hazy :( At any rate, good luck :) Water-is-Evil's suggestion of looking for a video walkthrough on youtube (or better yet, this website) would be a good idea if you still can't take care of him.

Water-is-Evil's suggestion of looking for a video walkthrough on youtube (or better yet, this website) would be a good idea if you still can't take care of him.

Thanks Insanity!! Your information is really accurate even though it's been awhile :D I never thought of looking for his shadows :) .

Your Reputation has been increased because of me :)

insanity76

Yeah the shadow comes in handy (and I could be wrong but when the shadow stops, he's about to drop so move quickly out of the way and you won't get hit), but really if you're quick and Z-target him as soon as he gets to the ceiling and hit him with the Ice arrow, he won't have time to get over you anyway. It's possible shopy01 that you're not Z targeting? If you're free-aiming you're probably missing him even though it appears to be a hit. That may be why the Ice arrow doesn't seem like it's working. Z-Target and it's a sure hit.

thanks but i have been z-targeting. that's what has never made sense. i have read different walktroughs and they all tell me the same thing but for some strange reason they don't work. could it be that i downloaded it from VC? could that be the problem?

insanity76

Yeah that could be .. if you're Z targeting it should most definitely ice the blob and after a couple seconds he'll fall from the ceiling, and the ice will shatter into the pieces of blobs again. If it's something to do with the coding in the download to where the blob doesn't freeze or whatever, maybe try re-downloading it? I'm not sure if you lose save progress or not if you do that though, but if I recall he's pretty much unbeatable unless you do the freeze thing, so that would be your only choice. :(

thanks it's odd that sometimes the freezing thing works but most of the time it doesn't when i can freeze him he freezes and drops but not shattering. what happens is he shakes off the outer frozen water then drop on me and not matter how fast i roll out of the way he lands right on top of me traps me in the bubble and beats the crap out of me. once i hit him and ran to the other side of the room and he still fell on me and traped me!

Whenever I fight this guy, I never Z target him when I'm trying to freeze the big blob on the ceiling. Tatl usually takes too long to notice him, so by the time I finally get locked on it's too late; I'll fire the Ice Arrow but he's already dropping down so it'll just freeze for a second and keep going. That could be what's happening to you. Just shoot him manually. Since it's a HUGE blob of water, aiming shouldn't be a problem at all. And as long as the arrow hits anywhere on the blob it'll freeze; you don't have to hit Gekko directly.

C

CreepyMoonChild

I seem to have a unique strategey...
DON'T fire until he falls from the ceiling, THEN, when he lands, fire your ice arrow.
the result is a big frozen thing on the floor. What I did next came naturally... I blew him to smitherines.

Deity

You're shooting him when while hes on the ceiling while hes in the green glob stuff right...? If you just shoot him with an ice arrow when hes not inside of the green stuff nothing will happen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVeClL5xqOU

^ Go to 4:00 on the video to see the battle. Oh and I'm pretty sure you have to shoot the blob before it starts to fall... and don't use fire arrows like this person did.

TheHeroOfLime

Excelling in Mediocrity
I always shot him with my ice arrows when he was dropping (in the form that looks kind of like the thing in your mouth) If you shoot him too early he will just unfreeze. That seems like your problem. Hope that helped :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom