• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

My timeline

Here is my timeline for the Zelda games.
MC,FS,OOT.
The timeline splits.
Child Timeline
MM,TP,FSA,ALTTP,LA,Oracle games,Zelda1,Zelda2.
Adult timeline.
WW,PH.
To be continued.
Next time I'm going to talk about the child timeline.
Please feel free to ask questions about my timeline.

I'm now going to explain my timeline.
MC happens.A couple of decades later there is a differant Link and Zelda and FS happens.
OOT Link is born.
Dark Interlopers try to claim the Triforce,and a war starts.In the war Link's parents are killed,and Link lives with the Kokiri.
The Dark Interlopers are sealed in the Twilight realm.
Ganondolf earns the trust of the King.
OOT happens.
Timeline splits.
Child Timeline.
Link returns from the future,and warns Zelda about the future.
Ganon is captured,and put on trial,and sentanced to death,but he gets the Triforce,and the Sages send him to the Twilight Realm.
TP Link is born.
TP happens,and Ganondolf is killed.
A new Ganon is born.He steals the Trident and the DarkMirror,and FSA happens.
Sometime later Ganon gets trapped by the sages.
Ganon uses Aghnim to try to break the seal.ALTTP happens,and a new Link gets the whole Triforce,he later gives it to the royal family.(This explans why the king had the whole Triforce in AOL's backstory,and why it's in the castle at the start of the Oracle games.)
Link's Awenking happens.
The Oracle's happen.
A sleeping spell is cast on a Princess Zelda.
The first Zelda game happens.
Zelda 2 happens,and at the end Link awakens Zelda.

Today I'm going to talk about the Adult Timeline.
Zelda sends Link back to his past.
Hyrule rebuilds.
Ganon returns,and there is no hero to stop him,so the Gods flood Hyrule.
The people who survive live on the mountain tops which become islands.
Tetra's mom dies,and Tetra becomes the leader of the pirates,and WW Link is born.
Ganon escapes from being sealed again,he sends his pet bird to kidnap girls with pointed ears.
WW happens.
Link and Tetra set out to find a new land,and PH happens.

Last edited by a moderator:
B

blackmoon

Why is a new Ganon born? Especially in FSA? There's no evidence to suggest that a new Ganon was ever born; only ever brought back from the dead.

Why is a new Ganon born? Especially in FSA? There's no evidence to suggest that a new Ganon was ever born; only ever brought back from the dead.

Ganon's people seem to have had no respect for him,and did not like him in FSA.
They did not seem to be afraid of him.

Last edited:

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
What makes you put FSA so far away from FS?

It looks like an obvious sequel to me.

what would make you think they go close together? thats just as good of a question as the one you asked.

FSA pretty much HAS to come before ALTTP. in ALTTP you can go to the four sword shrine and see the broken four sword and the opened chest. this shows that ganon escaped. ganon was sealed in the chest with the four sword at the end of FSA therefor FSA comes before ALTTP. FS was said by miyamoto to be the oldest tale in the zelda series AKA its the first game but this was before MC and MC is a prequel to that so its first.

just because the games have the same basic story doesnt mean they go close together. every other game is about ganondorf and the triforce and many of those games take place a LONG time apart.

The manual of FSA confirms that it MUST go FS-FSA with them being the same Link.

Explain the triforce from OoX-LoZ. At the end of OoX we see the triforce flying away. In LoZ the triforce is together and in the same place.

The manual of FSA confirms that it MUST go FS-FSA with them being the same Link.

Explain the triforce from OoX-LoZ. At the end of OoX we see the triforce flying away. In LoZ the triforce is together and in the same place.

The manual just means that FSA takes place after FS,not that it's the same Link.
And as for the OOX-LOZ,I only have OOA,so that is a goof on my part.
But the OOX games are very hard to place.

I disagree. I find it quite easy to place them. TMC has references to it. You can discount them. But they are references. FSA possibly has references to it. TRR definitely has references to it. And all of those references point towards an AT placement.

FSA manual That says Link saved them before. When in the series have they said the name Link without it being the same Link from the game? And why would they forget to mention the TP Link but not the FS Link?

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
I disagree. I find it quite easy to place them. TMC has references to it. You can discount them. But they are references. FSA possibly has references to it. TRR definitely has references to it. And all of those references point towards an AT placement.

FSA manual That says Link saved them before. When in the series have they said the name Link without it being the same Link from the game? And why would they forget to mention the TP Link but not the FS Link?

not sure what your argument there is...i just read the manual you posted and it says absolutely nothing about it being the same link. it says that vaati returned and kidnapped princess zelda who was saved by a childhood friend who defeated vaati or so everyone thought. there was obviously plenty of time for peace for them to believe there was no more threat. if it was the same link then he would be around the same age and im sure it takes more than a year or two for everyone to get over an attack of a great power. there is no solid evidence in there to say its the same link or even that the games are close together. its like the back story of WW. the backstory says ganondorf was defeated, then he returned but there was no hero and that the world was plunged into darkness. it was a wide open ending just like the one in the manual and the rest of the story begins 100 years after that back story.

the day that vaati came back after being sealed in FS could take place 100 years after the original sealing that was discussed in that manual. it never specifies how much time passed. it never specified that it was the same link or anything of the sort. it basically said vaati was sealed and the world was at peace...or was it? dont speak fact when your backup for that fact doesnt even state the fact youre trying to argue.

in ALTTP you can go to the four sword shrine and see the broken four sword and the opened chest. this shows that ganon escaped. ganon was sealed in the chest with the four sword at the end of FSA therefor FSA comes before ALTTP.

Where is the Four Sword Shrine located in ALttP? The only thing I know is that the Palace of the Four Sword can be accessed on the Pyramid, but I've never seen the actual Shrine from MC, FS, and FSA in ALttP.

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
Where is the Four Sword Shrine located in ALttP? The only thing I know is that the Palace of the Four Sword can be accessed on the Pyramid, but I've never seen the actual Shrine from MC, FS, and FSA in ALttP.

It is inside the Four Sword Palace, if i recall correctly... wich means that Ganon escaped, and also, Vaati did, so.. where is he?

I'm now going to explain my timeline.

MC happens.A couple of decades later there is a differant Link and Zelda and FS happens.

OOT Link is born.

Dark Interlopers try to claim the Triforce,and a war starts.In the war Link's parents are killed,and Link lives with the Kokiri.

The Dark Interlopers are sealed in the Twilight realm.

Ganondolf earns the trust of the King.

OOT happens.

Timeline splits.

Child Timeline.

Link returns from the future,and warns Zelda about the future.

Ganon is captured,and put on trial,and sentanced to death,but he gets the Triforce,and the Sages send him to the Twilight Realm.

TP Link is born.

TP happens,and Ganondolf is killed.

A new Ganon is born.He steals the Trident and the DarkMirror,and FSA happens.

Sometime later Ganon gets trapped by the sages.

Ganon uses Aghnim to try to break the seal.ALTTP happens,and a new Link gets the whole Triforce,he later gives it to the royal family.(This explans why the king had the whole Triforce in AOL's backstory,and why it's in the castle at the start of the Oracle games.)

Link's Awenking happens.

The Oracle's happen.

A sleeping spell is cast on a Princess Zelda.

The first Zelda game happens.

Zelda 2 happens,and at the end Link awakens Zelda.

Today I'm going to talk about the Adult Timeline.

Zelda sends Link back to his past.

Hyrule rebuilds.

Ganon returns,and there is no hero to stop him,so the Gods flood Hyrule.

The people who survive live on the mountain tops which become islands.

Tetra's mom dies,and Tetra becomes the leader of the pirates,and WW Link is born.

Ganon escapes from being sealed again,he sends his pet bird to kidnap girls with pointed ears.

WW happens.

Link and Tetra set out to find a new land,and PH happens.

Very nice theory :)

I still don't think it is possible for LttP (and, by extension, FSA) to happen in the Young Timeline if ooT is indeed the Seal War (and this was confirmed by Miyamoto), but I like this theory...

That is just a nice cutscene. The triforce is supposed to continue in the castle in the end of OoX.

OoX was supposed to be a connection between LttP and LoZ. In LttP, the triforce is retrieved from the SR by Link and, presumably, sent back to the castle. It was there in OoX. This leads directly into AoL backstory (AoLbs), where the ToC is hidden, and, them into LoZbs, when Ganon steals the ToP and Zelda hides the ToW.

The continuity there works pretty well...

The manual just means that FSA takes place after FS,not that it's the same Link.

It says that Link fought and defeated Vaati before. When they refer to TMC hero, they say that he was a 'young lad', even though we know that his name was also Link. This was done so to prevent confusion. When they refer to Link, in FSa, they are referring to the one from that game.

And as for the OOX-LOZ,I only have OOA,so that is a goof on my part.

But the OOX games are very hard to place.

I have to disagree with you on that. When you play both games (and the linked ending, of course), TRR, TMC, LoZ/AoL, LttP and LA, you see a lot of connections between OoX and the rest of them.

For example, both Labrynna and Holodrum appear in the AoL map. See this map for comparison. Labrynna is supposed to be Region 2 and Holodrum Region 5.

You'll also notice that both the Subrosians (as the Salona) and the Stalfos Pirates appear in TRR. (And TRR world is pretty much similar to TWW map, this is another reason to why the 2D games work better on the AT. But this is a different subject.)

OoX and LA share the same game engine, and a lot of common enemies. This is the case for LttP too. And remember the similar artwork from ooX and LttP/LA, even though this isn't really important.

Also, by that map I posted, please take a look at region 4. It is a perfect match for the world seen in PH. The comparison is here if you want to annalyse it better.

And the mere fact that the trident is there in OoX is, at least for me, an indication that the game is supposed to come after FSA (which is the first game in which Ganon has the trident).

Also, please notice that the three oracles (Nayru, Din and Farore) appear in Hyrule in TMC.

All this makes me think that OoX is actually one of the easiest archs to place in a timeline.

not sure what your argument there is...i just read the manual you posted and it says absolutely nothing about it being the same link. it says that vaati returned and kidnapped princess zelda who was saved by a childhood friend who defeated vaati or so everyone thought. there was obviously plenty of time for peace for them to believe there was no more threat. if it was the same link then he would be around the same age and im sure it takes more than a year or two for everyone to get over an attack of a great power. there is no solid evidence in there to say its the same link or even that the games are close together. its like the back story of WW. the backstory says ganondorf was defeated, then he returned but there was no hero and that the world was plunged into darkness. it was a wide open ending just like the one in the manual and the rest of the story begins 100 years after that back story.

the day that vaati came back after being sealed in FS could take place 100 years after the original sealing that was discussed in that manual. it never specifies how much time passed. it never specified that it was the same link or anything of the sort. it basically said vaati was sealed and the world was at peace...or was it? dont speak fact when your backup for that fact doesnt even state the fact youre trying to argue.

I have to agree with you that there can be multiple interpretations there. But please notice that they refer to the hero from TMC just as a 'young lad', but refer to the one from FS as 'Link'. Later they will refer to the main character in FSA as Link too. I think this is more than enough to say that Link from FS is the same one from FSA....

It is inside the Four Sword Palace, if i recall correctly... wich means that Ganon escaped, and also, Vaati did, so.. where is he?

Hmm, the sacntuary itself is not in the palace (the one in the DW), but the 4S was in that dungeon and it was broken, which means Ganon escaped. But I don't think Vaati was sealed there too. He was killed in the end of FSA, right?

I used to have a theory that he survived and became Dethl from LA (they are pretty similar enemies), but there is absolutely no evidence for that yet...

just because the games have the same basic story doesnt mean they go close together. every other game is about ganondorf and the triforce and many of those games take place a LONG time apart.

FS and FSA are 2 of the 4 Zelda games I've never played. The titles and gameplay look so similar, I just assumed that FSA was a sequel to FS.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
FS and FSA are 2 of the 4 Zelda games I've never played. The titles and gameplay look so similar, I just assumed that FSA was a sequel to FS.

it is but that doesnt mean that it takes place RIGHT after it.

WW is a sequel to OoT and it takes place 100 years after..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom