• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

My Rebuttal to Nintendo's New Timeline...

Imagine a world...

"You are Princess Winifred!"
"Wtf, this game is called the Legend of Zelda!"
"But your name is Winifred."
"No, it's actually Tetra."

He could have simply sad "you are part of the royal bloodline, a descnedant of the famose princess Zelda"

Calling her Zelda doesn't have an In-Universe explanation. It's just that every time there is a Link, there is a Princess Zelda.
Some things don't have an In-Universe explanation, for example, why didn't the Triforce split when Ganondorf used it throughout the Seal War and ALttP?

Well when AlttP was made the whole splitting thing doesn't exist. Then after the realese of OoT the timeline looked like this:

OoT-ALttP(/La)-LoZ/AoL

I always thought that at the end of OoT when Link left the adult timeline the ToC that was left behind returned to the Sacred Realm where it was found by the sealed Ganondorf. Zelda probably sen dher piece there too, to close the gate between time, like she wished at the end of OoT.

Btw. I would like a The Legend of Winifred game:xd:

He could have simply sad "you are part of the royal bloodline, a descnedant of the famose princess Zelda"
But through the rest of the game, they would have to call her Princess descended from Zelda, or Princess Tetra. We all know the character as Zelda, so why change it? In any case, her being called Zelda has nothing to do with AoL's backstory.

Well when AlttP was made the whole splitting thing doesn't exist.
Exactly!

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
Wait what? Link didn't know Din in the linked ending? In the linked ending, the story shifts mainly to Ganon and Zelda, who had been mostly absent for unlinked stories. Then there are the credits over some non-scripted cutscenes. I think I would have noticed that before...
The boat thing, meh. I like OoX at the end because it exemplifies how Ganon still hasn't been revived after a previous attempt. [...] These are too different for me.
Din said:
Time, Nature...Hero of the essences, I am Din, Oracle of Seasons. Hurry, Link! You've beaten Veran, but Twinrova's plans are not yet thwarted! The dark powers of the Evil King are growing!
(script)
This is said after beating OoS then OoA. Link already met Din in OoS so she wouldn't have to introduce herself here, but she does. Some translators will also tell you that Zelda's introduction does not imply that they've never met before anyway. The only evidence I know of against LttP/OoX is Zelda's introduction, and this counter-evidence makes that moot, so I say there's no reason to separate them.

Hmm...
Well, if you played OoA first, Nayru says
Oh, hero of the essences, do you remember Nayru, Oracle of Ages? You've beaten Onox, but Twinrova's plans have not failed! Hurry! The hour of the Evil King's return is near!
In both cases, they just seem to be making sure he remembers. Which is different from Zelda's intro to Link, as it seems that she only knows him by reputation:
Thank you for saving me from danger. My name is Zelda. You must be Link. I knew it at first glance.

Other than Zelda's introduction, yes, OoX fits fine after ALttP. But then where does LA go? I quoted the manuals for OoS and LA, and the stories just don't line up. That would require LA to go after AoL, which is fine I guess...
ALttP/OoX--LoZ/AoL/LA
That could work, but I think these points are trivial. If the timeline were written as a novel, the order of Ganon revivals would flow better like this:

1.ALttP/LA: Ganon is killed with the silver arrows. This is like the false climax. Because...
2.LoZ/AoL: He is revived once. Link kills him with the silver arrows. Ganon's minions try to revive him but fail. This is like a miniature resolution before the surprise climax.
3.OoX: Hyrule seems to be at peace. But at the very end, Ganon is revived (mindless)! Then he is killed.

I this were read as a novel, you totally would not expect Ganon to come back, because a previous attempt to revive him failed!

In your version:

1.ALttP/OoX: Ganon is killed, and kinda revived, but the same Link kills him dead.
2.Loz: Ganon is revived again, dies.
3.AoL: Ganon is attempted to be revived.

I feel mine packs more punch. But like I said, the reason that I have to use tone/mood to base my opinions is because the placement here is so trivial, with no real issues either way.

EDIT: Kinda had a change of heart. My new idea is to keep as much of Nintendo's timeline that makes sense. There are only two parts of their timeline I disagree with. The third split, and the placement of Four Swords. Splitting FS from FSA is like splitting LoZ from AoL. Whatever.
Final for now:

--------------/--WW/PH--ST
SS--TMC--OoT
--------------\MM--TP--FS/FSA--ALttP/OoX/LA--LoZ/AoL

If anyone wants to post, post! But this thread has already been buried...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom