• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread My Hero Academia Mafia

Status
Not open for further replies.

funnier6

Courage~
@funnier6: If you were critical of my approach, then you should have actually stated that instead of the response you gave. In any case, I don't see how no discussion at all is superior to setup discussion, especially if the information discussed is relevant.
I suppose I was so unused to it I wondered why you would say all that without giving any justification to its relevance. In retrospect I can see how that would look obnoxious or passive aggressive or whatever. Also if it had continued you can bet I would’ve had something to say about it but I wasn’t going to speech over one post.

If you want discussion make something up to talk about, no discussion is what happens when nobody does anything worth discussing. But that’s not what I wanted to say, setup discussion is actually worse than the RVS discussion because people are led to believe that setup is worth talking about and that talking about it is contributing to the game when in reality they’re doing no such thing and in the process running out of time to make the most of the day.

LittleGumball

Slammin' Salmon
15. Stay active. A minimum of five posts her day phase is required.
at first i only quoted this because of the typo but damb five posts?? hell yeah
Vote Gummy
Her nickname rhymes with scummy. He user name can easily transition into littlescumball. Need I say more?
can't argue with that, u got me detective
I suppose I was so unused to it I wondered why you would say all that without giving any justification to its relevance. In retrospect I can see how that would look obnoxious or passive aggressive or whatever. Also if it had continued you can bet I would’ve had something to say about it but I wasn’t going to speech over one post.

If you want discussion make something up to talk about, no discussion is what happens when nobody does anything worth discussing. But that’s not what I wanted to say, setup discussion is actually worse than the RVS discussion because people are led to believe that setup is worth talking about and that talking about it is contributing to the game when in reality they’re doing no such thing and in the process running out of time to make the most of the day.
for one of the very first posts of the game i think it's not really worth getting uptight over. it's not like he has any evidence to discuss 5 posts in. yall are too tightly wound on day 1 let's relax and [insert a cool and funny reference to this show i haven't seen] :)
also for what it's worth i'd rather have setup discussion than purely just memes and other garbage. obviously i don't want nothing but setup discussion, of course having nothing but setup discussion is detrimental (and Kirino knows this he's not stupid), but it's nothing to put a stick in your ass about. day 1 is actually the perfect time to talk about the setup if you're going to, since what else can you possibly talk about? did you have a night 0 where you gained information? no? then you have nothing solid to talk about.

i feel like we go through this exact scenario every game

funnier6

Courage~
day 1 is actually the perfect time to talk about the setup if you're going to, since what else can you possibly talk about? did you have a night 0 where you gained information? no?
I appreciated all the nice letsallbehappy stuff until this, which boils my blood.

The only thing you could possibly know about the setup on day one that no one else does is information about your role, and unless for some reason just having your role gives you very pertinent information I see zip zero reason to talk about it. We know there’s a mafia team and probably a third party or two, speculating on the unknown is completely redundant as even if you somehow could prove your speculations correct we still don’t know who the scum are so it’s utterly insane to tell yourself you accomplished something. You know what we could be talking about? Why I’m voting LG and why I want her lynched. I haven’t done that, but if I did you can bet it would give everyone something to talk about.

What I don’t understand is why no one comprehends that it is perfectly possible to have something real to talk about whenever you like no matter what’s going on if only you’ll do something worth talking about. If you say there’s nothing to go off of it’s because you’re not giving anything to go off of.
then you have nothing solid to talk about.
Solid? I don’t know about you, but I have rarely seen anything solid in a mafia game. You can’t definitely say someone is scum. Very very few power roles can give you anything more than a probably what with bus drivers, millers, godfathers, and the like. Solid doesn’t solve shine my shoes or pay my taxes or catch my scum or whatever that old timey saying is.
i feel like we go through this exact scenario every game
We used to not.

Sorryimjustaggravatedandtryingtomakeapoint

Kirino

Tatakae
@funnier6: In many games I've previously played, the problem is that RVS lasted too long and things took far too late to get serious, hampering town efforts on Day 1 and subsequently. So I think the starting of any serious discussion at such an early point is beneficial, and setup discussion itself is at least as likely as RVS to lead to actual suspicions. In any case, my intention wasn't to get caught up in setup discussion, but simply to kick things off by offering my thoughts on an aspect of the setup that I thought relevant.

I do think that it's possible to derive at least something from stuff like discussion of scum numbers and the reactions to it, fwiw: because you were so dismissive of the idea (something that I think scum wouldn't openly express), I have a slight town read on you, for example.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Setup discussion isn't helpful? Since when?

The only times going over the setup is detrimental are when a person is intentionally misleading about it, but I don't see Kirino doing that here. I'm in agreement with him that there are likely three Mafiosos, and potentially a certain Hero Killer if the game isn't confined to the first season.

Anyways, Dark Shadow is weak during the Daytime so it's best to take him out early.

Vote: Krow

Musicfan

the shadow mage
I appreciated all the nice letsallbehappy stuff until this, which boils my blood.

The only thing you could possibly know about the setup on day one that no one else does is information about your role, and unless for some reason just having your role gives you very pertinent information I see zip zero reason to talk about it. We know there’s a mafia team and probably a third party or two, speculating on the unknown is completely redundant as even if you somehow could prove your speculations correct we still don’t know who the scum are so it’s utterly insane to tell yourself you accomplished something. You know what we could be talking about? Why I’m voting LG and why I want her lynched. I haven’t done that, but if I did you can bet it would give everyone something to talk about.

What I don’t understand is why no one comprehends that it is perfectly possible to have something real to talk about whenever you like no matter what’s going on if only you’ll do something worth talking about. If you say there’s nothing to go off of it’s because you’re not giving anything to go off of.

Solid? I don’t know about you, but I have rarely seen anything solid in a mafia game. You can’t definitely say someone is scum. Very very few power roles can give you anything more than a probably what with bus drivers, millers, godfathers, and the like. Solid doesn’t solve shine my shoes or pay my taxes or catch my scum or whatever that old timey saying is.
We used to not.

Sorryimjustaggravatedandtryingtomakeapoint
Why are you try quelsh any dissection? It's fine to say you don't think it will do any good but what else is there to do day one then speculate and rvs?

Musicfan

the shadow mage
Unvote
Vote funnier

Something didn't sit right with me. It could just be town making a mistake not seeing the point of talking about the set up.

funnier6

Courage~
funnier6: In many games I've previously played, the problem is that RVS lasted too long and things took far too late to get serious, hampering town efforts on Day 1 and subsequently.
I only really noticed that last game cause it was 48 hours and I don’t think people really realized. (I didn’t) I was jester in the game before that so I wasn’t really paying attention. In any case, in a normal game RVS lasting 24 hours is no big deal and town has little problem winning 9/10 times despite any nonsense at the beginning. In this sort of situation it’s better to get serious sooner but RVS for half a day or whatever isn’t going to hurt anything usually.
In any case, my intention wasn't to get caught up in setup discussion, but simply to kick things off by offering my thoughts on an aspect of the setup that I thought relevant.
Well even with good intentions it can get people caught up in it pretty quickly. Also being serious quite so soon is a little annoying cause people like to have their five minutes of fun. I don’t mean it’s something you shouldn’t do it just isn’t very popular.
I do think that it's possible to derive at least something from stuff like discussion of scum numbers and the reactions to it, fwiw: because you were so dismissive of the idea (something that I think scum wouldn't openly express), I have a slight town read on you, for example.
The problem with setup discussions is that there’s rarely any reactions to it since it isn’t opinions about a player it’s opinions about a thing though in the rare case there are reactions those are good for reading, yes.

HeroOfTime

Challenger Approaching!
The only thing you could possibly know about the setup on day one that no one else does is information about your role, and unless for some reason just having your role gives you very pertinent information I see zip zero reason to talk about it.

Seriously? Even if there's no way to know for certain what the setup is like, there's nothing wrong with discussing it. All discussions start somewhere, and even if everything we thought was wrong, it's still a starting point. As All Might stated, the only time such discussion is harmful is when someone's intentionally being misleading. I'm kinda confused about this because it seems like a rather obvious point, and from what I've seen, you've played quite a few mafia games and should know better.

We can still learn about our fellow players on day one though. Probing people and pressuring them with votes against them and seeing how they react is a perfectly valid way to start the game.

You know what we could be talking about? Why I’m voting LG and why I want her lynched. I haven’t done that, but if I did you can bet it would give everyone something to talk about.

I really don't like this. If you actually have something on LG this early in the game, you should've spoken out about it. I really don't think it's possible to know anything about her right now, but poking at her like that is ridiculous. It seems like a hollow way of shifting suspicion from yourself to her without actually saying anything meaningful.

No, I don't like it.

Vote: funnier6

HeroOfTime

Challenger Approaching!
As for setup, a 5:1 ratio of townies and mafia sounds reasonable, I don't think there's more than 3. Obviously, there's a doctor, cop, and likely a third party serial killer or two. I personally don't watch this anime, who are the main characters in it? And what would be fitting roles for these characters based on personality and such?

LittleGumball

Slammin' Salmon
You know what we could be talking about? Why I’m voting LG and why I want her lynched. I haven’t done that, but if I did you can bet it would give everyone something to talk about.
then do it. what's stopping you?
we're 2 pages into the game buddy and not every player has posted yet. i think it's safe to say there's nothing so far. give people a chance to show up before you start saying there's scum. you said it should be rvs time and i agree, it's time to lighten up, and after people **** around then you can get serious and start pointing fingers for having opinions
Even if there's no way to know for certain what the setup is like, there's nothing wrong with discussing it.
this pretty much sums up my thoughts on the matter. like i said before it's not something worth freaking out over this early into the game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom