• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread My Hero Academia Mafia

Status
Not open for further replies.

HeroOfTime

Challenger Approaching!
May I add, funnier is looking like a town funnier to me.

In what way? From what I've seen, he's tried to squish discussion about how many mafia and power roles could exist. Not to mention, he said he's voting for LG for an actual reason. Though he never actually logged this vote, he's still voting All Might. Not to mention there's no way he'd have some sort of "special info" on her on day 1. Info that the rest of us don't know about, but would discuss heatedly once we hear about it. This sounds totally bogus to me, it looks like pressured blame-shifting at best to me, but the thing is, he wasn't even under pressure at that moment. Just the fact that he said he has this info that he couldn't possibly have, and won't share it for whatever reason gives me a strong scum read. Especially when he had no reason to poke at LG right then.

HeroOfTime

Challenger Approaching!
lol there would be no reason to roleclaim like that, especially as a VT with next to no pressure on him. I thought it was pretty obvious it was a joke :shrugs:

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
Wow, ya'll are really trying to hit those 5 posts early, eh?

This sounds totally bogus to me, it looks like pressured blame-shifting at best to me, but the thing is, he wasn't even under pressure at that moment.

Exactly why it seems like town funnier. I mean I can't get a great read yet as the game's just started but funnier does things like this. He did generate a lot of discussion, no? That's generally why he does things like this, even if it looks crazy or makes no sense. It'd be pretty bold for scum to come out so aggressive like that within the first couple of posts.

D

Deleted member 14134

Holy **** is any of this even worth reading though. Talking about the setup is a waaaaay better place to start than bull**** "pressure" votes halfway through day one to get people talking when theres nothing to talk about (which is what some people here seem to do). I dont see a problem with speculating over it.

Also with I'd say 4 mafia or 3 mafia and a ski. With 15 players I'm learning towards the 3 and sk unless town had a few killing rules to speed things up.

D

Deleted member 14134

Also I think this really screams town funnier also based on meta. He seems to get caught up on little things like this as town and his posts seem more fleshed out than when he's mafia. As I'm sure he'll tell you, I'm fairly good at reading him and this feels towny to me. His posts usually are not as fleshed out when he's mafia. Even if I don't agree with him, this still feels like town funnier.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
As for setup, a 5:1 ratio of townies and mafia sounds reasonable, I don't think there's more than 3. Obviously, there's a doctor, cop, and likely a third party serial killer or two. I personally don't watch this anime, who are the main characters in it? And what would be fitting roles for these characters based on personality and such?
The main cast itself is huge. There are plenty of heroes to choose from, but even out of the primary characters I can't place them generally because many of them could fit into a single role. For example, Deku might be the easiest of the students since he could go in as a Roleblocker, but then so could someone like Iida or Todoroki. And it's too soon to say for the villains because we don't know if, again, this game even goes all the way to the third season. If it's the first two, then Shigaraki is the Godfather; if it's the third season, then All For One will likely be it.

HeroOfTime

Challenger Approaching!
Exactly why it seems like town funnier. I mean I can't get a great read yet as the game's just started but funnier does things like this. He did generate a lot of discussion, no? That's generally why he does things like this, even if it looks crazy or makes no sense. It'd be pretty bold for scum to come out so aggressive like that within the first couple of posts.

As I'm sure he'll tell you, I'm fairly good at reading him and this feels towny to me. His posts usually are not as fleshed out when he's mafia. Even if I don't agree with him, this still feels like town funnier.

I dunno. It doesn't sit right with me. I've only played two mafia games on ZD, so I don't know much about his meta, but the spontaneous LG attack looks weird. It definitely generated discussion though, I'll give you that. I'm still gonna keep my vote for now until I see how he reacts, or how the day goes on.

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
Unvote
Vote funnier

Something didn't sit right with me. It could just be town making a mistake not seeing the point of talking about the set up.
Not much reason there... Seems a little opportunistic.

I will be gone after tomorrow for the entire rest of the game, I'd imagine. I am leaving for a week, so I will need a replacement eventually

D

Deleted member 14134

I will be gone after tomorrow for the entire rest of the game, I'd imagine. I am leaving for a week, so I will need a replacement eventually
This is the second time you've done this day one in recent memory. If you knew you were going to be gone you shouldn't have signed up. If this happens again there's going to be consequences. It's a slap in the face to the mods to sign up and then instantly ask for a replacement.

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
This is the second time you've done this day one in recent memory. If you knew you were going to be gone you shouldn't have signed up. If this happens again there's going to be consequences. It's a slap in the face to the mods to sign up and then instantly ask for a replacement.
I forgot about the plans... I can be replaced now before the replacement needs to catch up on much

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom