• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Art My Art Gallery.

Violet Link

takumi was a mistake and so are the S supports
Thank you! ;w;

I don't have much this time. Not having Art I anymore really puts a damper on things. I've been really busy with homework/projects too. I managed to sneak in a few doodles, so I hope you (somewhat) enjoy them.

x1a4m4gfklrpzvkgko5po42o7fzvw2gh.jpg
ATTY THESE ARE SO CUTE!
I really like the upper right face and the lower left face, it's so cute~ <3

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
thx guis <: <3

omg I have no time to draw anymore. ;_; I still have to draw something for Rare Addict, and I feel so bad that I'm still not done. <///3

This is all I have in the meantime:

Drew this during school, meaning no references. Her arms are a bit off too, but I couldn't be bothered to fix them.
fqzt1de8g79eg0vred24940u77uprolm.jpg

Idek, I have to fix the outline of her hair so her face doesn't look so big. :/
ysf0jc9kc1dglcs9d4ta6kp76fyxggvq.jpg

For my French II project, I made a tri-fold on Belgium. Managed to draw this on the bottom, and yes it does say "#YOLO" on his shirt. I'm also aware that I am absolutely horrible at hands and arms.
brhc4m2u2xqyxghq6vifaoycxlybar4q.jpg

Aight. I'm done. So done. ;_;

Lord Vain

Dawn of a New Day
Nicely done, sis, keep up the good work…oh, and don’t worry about not having that drawing for another person finished yet, I’m sure they’ll understand if you've been swamped by stuff in real life lately. That’s life for you after all, can’t be helped sometimes.

thx guis <: <3

omg I have no time to draw anymore. ;_; I still have to draw something for Rare Addict, and I feel so bad that I'm still not done. <///3

This is all I have in the meantime:

Drew this during school, meaning no references. Her arms are a bit off too, but I couldn't be bothered to fix them.
fqzt1de8g79eg0vred24940u77uprolm.jpg

Idek, I have to fix the outline of her hair so her face doesn't look so big. :/
ysf0jc9kc1dglcs9d4ta6kp76fyxggvq.jpg

For my French II project, I made a tri-fold on Belgium. Managed to draw this on the bottom, and yes it does say "#YOLO" on his shirt. I'm also aware that I am absolutely horrible at hands and arms.
brhc4m2u2xqyxghq6vifaoycxlybar4q.jpg

Aight. I'm done. So done. ;_;

OMIGAWD ATTY... Um. How did I not expect you to be so good at art?

Like you mentioned, your hands and arms are a bit rough, but it's so smooth and your lines are near perfect--something I could never do, even on a computer--and I highly doubt that you normally use guidelines. That you line up the scale so seamlessly without an undersketch)(I redraw my undersketches at least three times per drawing and my hands/heads are STILL off)is incredible to me. Keep drawing, Atty!

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
Thanks guys. I don't have anything right now, sorry. :(

OMIGAWD ATTY... Um. How did I not expect you to be so good at art?

Like you mentioned, your hands and arms are a bit rough, but it's so smooth and your lines are near perfect--something I could never do, even on a computer--and I highly doubt that you normally use guidelines. That you line up the scale so seamlessly without an undersketch)(I redraw my undersketches at least three times per drawing and my hands/heads are STILL off)is incredible to me. Keep drawing, Atty!

Thanks. :sweat: I'm going to try and practice a little more with hand anatomy. The part I bolded, though, is not entirely true. Quick little doodles I don't bother too much for guidelines, but I actually do use guidelines for almost every drawing. I typically start off with a circle for the head and make a plus going down the center. So that way I can get semi-proper facial alignment (semi-proper because I'm still learning facial anatomy/proportions). The only reason that it doesn't look like I use guidelines is because I take the time to erase the lines. The Maria drawing and the drawing I did on my tri-fold both started out with guidelines. The one in the middle I did free-handedly; however, you can still see some lines I'll be using for future reference. I really want to start getting into the habit of using a grid, especially when it comes to realism. Unfortunately, I don't own a transparent grid to lay on top of my reference images, but I hope to get one soon. :)

Thanks guys. I don't have anything right now, sorry. :(

Thanks. :sweat: I'm going to try and practice a little more with hand anatomy. The part I bolded, though, is not entirely true. Quick little doodles I don't bother too much for guidelines, but I actually do use guidelines for almost every drawing. I typically start off with a circle for the head and make a plus going down the center. So that way I can get semi-proper facial alignment (semi-proper because I'm still learning facial anatomy/proportions). The only reason that it doesn't look like I use guidelines is because I take the time to erase the lines. The Maria drawing and the drawing I did on my tri-fold both started out with guidelines. The one in the middle I did free-handedly; however, you can still see some lines I'll be using for future reference. I really want to start getting into the habit of using a grid, especially when it comes to realism. Unfortunately, I don't own a transparent grid to lay on top of my reference images, but I hope to get one soon. :)

Pfffh ahaha. My guidelines are at least ten minutes of careful skeletal anatomy. And these look awesome with maybe two minutes of guideline work.

Who uses grids these days? They throw me off balance.

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
Pfffh ahaha. My guidelines are at least ten minutes of careful skeletal anatomy. And these look awesome with maybe two minutes of guideline work.

Who uses grids these days? They throw me off balance.

Aha, skeletal anatomy eh?

I think the grid method is a bit ridiculous at times, but it's actually very precise. The trick is making your grid-lines very light. Once you've got the outline done of your drawing, then you can add the rest of the detail. It's much more precise and accurate versus drawing it by freehand, if I do say so myself.

Atticus said:

You can see how I used the grid method here. Of course it's not perfect, but it turned out better than blatantly drawing it by freehand.

Rare Addict

Site Staff
These latest sketches are wonderful. Personally, I don't see anything wrong with the arms in the "Maria" image. Your lines, too, as Mono said, are essentially perfect.

Keep arting, Att!

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
Thanks guys. WOO 100TH POST! =D My camera's been a bit iffy, so I have nothing to update with, really. I started a graphics thread, so I've occupied myself with that...

I do have this... It's TheRizardon...
2CLM5.png

TheRizardon

poog tnalp yknuhc
It's perfect and beautiful. You really captured the light in my eyeballs, and you nailed the hat and smile. 10/10 Where is my fro tho?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom