• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Music: Digital or Physical?

Dr3W21

shoegaze girl
An increasing issue has seemed to be spreading, and I want to know you guys' opinions on the subject.
Do you buy actual CD's or do you just purchase/download them online?​

I, personally, always buy real, physical CD's from the store. Crazy, right? Well, I, unlike most, can't afford things off iTunes or whatever, and actually like to use these magical things called CD Players. After so, (this may seem contradictory) I rip them straight to iTunes, and then to my iPod.

Which do you prefer? Digital or physical?

M

Melmo Jenkins

If you riping them straight to you ipod and no longer listening to the CD, its probably better to buy it through itunes. A normal CD is a red book file which is higher quality then then playing of an ipod (given that you are playing of some decent speakers) I prefer to buy CDs to, and listen to them whenever possible (like in the car) but i love being able to have the options to change a song/artist without having to change CD.

Yes i still buy CD's.
I never and never will download music even if its for free.
I like to have the actual music there im my hand in physical form.

Downloading music is damaging to the music industry.

I don't really see the point in CDs, downloads are just as good, especially if you can get them at a 320 kb/s quality. Even if I do buy a CD, I never put it in a CD player, I just instantly rip it to my computer. It's a lot more convenient for when I want to change song/artist. It means I don't have to continuously get up and go to my CD player to keep changing discs. I also rip my CDs in the case that if the CD does break or starting skipping, I have a good back up my computer, and then I have a back up of my computer which gives me another back in the case that my hard drive ever breaks, which is probably will at some point.

It's also more convenient to download music because it doesn't mean that I have to go get the bus and spend an hour looking for a single CD when I can just search for it and then download it on the spot. It's much faster and cheaper for me to do.

I prefer digital over CDs because CDs break easier.

I used to use CDs all the time, but they kept getting scratched. :mad:

00steven

Yeah, that's right!
Digatal music has ruined the industry in my opinion. An album is an art form, from the cover to the quality piece of work inside. Think of some of the most classic albums ever: Thriller, Bad, The Wall, The Dark side of the moon, Nevermind, or any of The Beatles albums.

Does an Mp3 Kesha song sound epic to you?

Now if you can't own vinyl than yes, CD's are at least similar and are tangible.

T

Teto

I get music in digital form mostly. I have about 65GB of music, so I'd be running out of space if I had that all in physical form. But I do like to have physical copies of albums I really like. So I have a small collection of CDs.
The most I've payed for an album is £20 from Amazon. An album I really like but don't have on CD costs about £35 on Amazon. I wont be getting that any time soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom