• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Music Competition: Week 7

Which entry was the best?

• yahtzee713

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pl511

• Kotake&Koume

• theoathtoorder

• skull_k1d

• Heroine of Time

• Darknut_Hunter

• Raindrop14

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
Well then, I hope you all had fun working with the theme this time. It seems I have quite a few entries (and I'm proud to say that my own is included ;))

Still no news on collaboration (none that I know of) but we will keep you posted on the idea

So as you know last week was FREESTYLE! We had quite a turnout with 8 total entries! The entries are in the spoiler tags below.

Well those are the entries, I hope you all enjoy them! Let the voting begin! I know you remember all the voting rules so we don't need to re-hash any of that.

Also a quick apology to BMBGuitar. Your link didn't work and I was low on time. I'm really sorry. :(

Okay so on to the next theme. This time the theme is....

THE DUNGEON!

This is a cover or original work choice. Choose your favorite dungeon theme from any game and cover or remix it, or even come up with your own. Your choice.

Well then, I hope you all have fun doing this one. Good luck to the entrants and the challengers.

The due date for the next competition is Monday, September 3rd, 9:00 EST.

Last edited:
Well, here's what I tried to enter, so feel free to still watch if you wish!

[video=youtube;N4x5sF8mdPU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4x5sF8mdPU[/video]

Raindrop14

Soldier for Christ!
yahtzee713: I can't say I like this style of music, but it was pretty good.

Pl511: This was very bright and gave me smiles. ^^

Kotake&Koume: Again, not really my style, but very good nonetheless.

theoathtoorder: Man you have an amazing voice. <3 And your guitar playing was wonderful.

skull_k1d: It was alittle plain, it needed more "pazzaz"

Heroine of Time: This was excellent piano playing!

Darknut_Hunter: It didn't let me hear yours. :<

Raindrop14: You suck.

And thus my conclusion is Heroine of Time. ^^

yahtzee713: Don't get me wrong, I absolutely adore the Temple of Time's soundtrack but it failed to provide that especial pang and excitement for me.

Pl511: I felt as thought this was among your weaker pieces by relying less on your brilliant originality and more on the soundtrack from an established franchise. It was repetitious to listen to after awhile but entertaining nevertheless.

Kotake&Koume: Very MIDI quality music. Nothing too enthralling. I did enjoy the sudden change of tone though.

theoathtoorder: Excellent vocals. You have a fantastically soothing voice.

Heroine of Time: Great piano playing, struck an emotional chord with me. If only TP was orchestrated.

Darknut_Hunter: Comment pending.

Raindrop14: I enjoyed the background beats but the vocals were lacking.

For some reason Dropbox is not allowing me to listen to DH's submission even after I log into my Dropbox account. I'll refrain my vote until I am able to hear his piece.

theoathtoorder

“Zinga-dingding!”
yahtzee713: around 00:56 that moody beat is awesome. I wasn't expecting that. I like the way you used the bell and changed up the choir. This is a good remix.

Pl511: you know, I have Sonic Colours, but I don't play it. Listening to your cover makes me want to play it. If the game isn't that good, maybe the music makes up for it. Very smooth.

Kotake&Koume: I know you mentioned that all your loops are original. I really like that main synth lead you wrote. 02:33 sounds like it could be a theme for Orochimaru

skull_k1d: you are great at buildups. I really enjoyed the 01:00 minute mark- 02:46, the ambience was my favorite part, then when it picks up it makes me want to dance

Heroine of Time: Great piano playing, struck an emotional chord with me. If only TP was orchestrated. (sorry Link in Time, your comment was perfect so I stole it, lol)

Darknut_Hunter: Hans Zimmer needs to tap into this playfulness- would've been cool for the Inception soundtrack. Mindf...

Raindrop14: I commend you for entering something so incredibly unique. I've never heard that song before, and the fact you played percussion with butter knives? cool

BMBGuitar: Ahhhmazing, which is why I subscribe to your YT channel ;)

Last edited:

Squirrel

The Rodent King
yahtzee713: I liked the idea of the bell-sounding-thing (I'm assuming it was supposed to be some type of bell) that plays on its own at the beginning and then on top of the actual Temple of Time theme but the whole song seemed a little too plain.

Pl511: I really like this. This would've been my second choice.

Kotake&Koume: By the way, this was my first time using FL Studio and I was just kind of messing around with it and got this song. Its my own original song again and not a remix if anyone cares.

theoathtoorder: I think you did a pretty good job with this song. I just don't really like the song. Sorry.

skull_k1d: It seems like this would've been a little difficult to create (although I don't actually know what you used to create it) but I also found this song a little too plain

Heroine of Time: I used to play this song all the time and I know how hard it actually is to learn and play which is why I voted for you.

Darknut_Hunter: This one didn't seem too interesting. It was kind of plain but I liked it. It had a nice tune.

Raindrop14: This song really isn't my style although I like the idea of actually getting things you would find around someone's house and using them for intsruments. (The chairs and butter knives)

Last edited:

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
Sorry about the failed link. It is in my public folder so I'm not sure what's wrong. I'll edit the link later tonight since I don't have enough time, or means, to do it this afternoon (one of the drawbacks of posting from mobile devices). Suffice to say, thank you for waiting, I'll fix as soon as possible.

EDIT
Okay, I edited the link so it should work this time. If it doesn't you can use the Media Fire link I provided below and download it. It's an mp3 file so it'll work with any player.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom