• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Movies Vs Video Games

Which one do you like more?

• Movies

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Both forms of entertainment have caught my interest quite a bit. They can be equally engaging in plot and action, eliciting the same tension of the moment, or sadness displayed by the characters. That thought applies itself especially nowadays since video games have taken on more cinematic approaches. Given that, I think there soon won't be much of a difference between the two as technological development moves forward to allow for that.

For now though my preference is video games. Quite literally I'm in love with how their settings can go just about anywhere. With movies, a lot more planning and preparation has to go into it. You'd need to draft actors willing to perform the role with more than just their voices, and locate the perfect areas to shoot the film, or decide betwixt that and using the greenscreen to create the required and desired field. I appreciate the diligence and dedication performed behind the scenes, but sometimes for me the atmosphere isn't exactly the right one; as in it could've been pulled off better. However, I'm more inclined toward the simplicity of the video game production, as it most of the time seems more flawless and immersing.

Another fancy of mine is the greater length. Movies are typically two hours long or less, and although they're filled with more ongoing scenes they have less content overall. Video games, conversely, range from forty hours or less, and in modern times include cutscenes that demonstrate the contexts of the plot but also include the gameplay sequences. So instead of just watching two hour movies, one could play a forty hour game which in the long run of things sustains interest even further. A good analogy that comes to mind is our most recent Zelda title, Skyward Sword. Just compare that, or a game of a higher caliber, to any movie and you'll see my point.

Lastly, if there's something I enjoy while having nothing to do, it's staying active. My brain is always pushing me to do something. So, if there's nothing that'd keep up my interest, I move to a more vigorous activity. I don't know what it is, but TV in general doesn't do that for me. Just not entertaining like it used to be. Video Games are most classic because for developers such as Nintendo they never change and rarely become stagnant. While playing them my brain is more active than just viewing a movie or TV show, which more involves the seeing and hearing over any other sense or action.

J

Jing

I gotta go with video games, because so many games can tell so many different stories, and while movies at the moment have the story telling elements over video games, video games just have that extra entertainment value, something you and all your friends can play together, and while a great movie can entertain you, a game can often times entertain you 5 times as longer as the movie.

Dark Princess

Weeaboo :D
It's very rare to see me watching a movie. Or tv in that matter. I have a difficult time watching a movie for so long unless it's something I've always loved. Though I'm happy with watching movies with my family, friends, and boyfriend if they wanna watch something. The last movie I watched was Howl's Moving Castle with my boyfriend Lucas. I'm the one who actually wanted to watch this one, though, since I absolutely love that movie... ^ ^; We were gonna watch Star Wars Episode 1 in 3D in theatres but things didn't work out so we didn't get to go. The same thing happened with The Secret World of Arrietty, which I really wanna watch... :(

As for video games, I'll play them when I'm up for a good game of whatever. I'm happily playing Skyward Sword whenever my family isn't watching tv, and I'll gladly watch people play games. I used to watch people stream all the time before I lost audio. I love playing video games with my sister, friends, and Lucas. My sister Sara and I will play Mario Kart Double Dash and Mario Superstar Baseball when we're bored, and we'll even play Kirby Air Ride and Sonic Adventure 2 Battle. Sometimes she'll just watch me play a game, too, which I find awesome. My mom and I also used to play Sonic the Hedgehog 2 and 3 together all the time when I was younger, too. I absolutely miss that.... Also, Lucas and I played through Donkey Kong Country Returns together recently, too. I'm currently watching him play Skyward Sword, even though I'm also playing it myself, too. :P I just love video games so much! x3

Yup, I very much prefer video games. Sucks you in more, makes you care more, makes you think more plus its longer. I am a little antsy though, so getting involved helps. Makes me feel passionate about whats going on. Tend to love more video games then movies in number comparison

pit0010

GAME IT LIFE IS TO SHORT
i prefer Video games over movies because u can spend more time playing and getting involved with a game other than watching a movie. I would say playing games is more social than watching a movie. :/

Movies or games?

Well, I don't really see why the two need to be compared. I just see them too differently to compare them. They are just two different ways of telling a story, two separate forms of art, two things that you take different kinds of enjoyment from. I don't get the same sorts of feelings from them. I will say that a better portion of my time goes to gaming than to watching movies, but that's obviously since a game will take way more time than watching a movie. Maybe I'm just indecisive. :P

Wow, I didn't expect things to be quite THAT one-sided. But yeah, I'd choose movies. I can't pretend that I never get completely absorbed by a video game, but movies just do something to me. Especially old ones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom