• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Most "painful" or Memorable Death...

LozzyKate

Ask Me Why I Love The Photoshops
My most memorable death was in TP, when I fell of the Snow Peak Mountain, and Link just floated there, but was screaming. The screen was stuck like that for five minutes until I hit the joystick of the nunchuck and he fell. It was really funny. He didn't stop screaming.

Myriadviper42

Fulcrum Agent
I remember when I was facing Molgera in WW, those little eal things were jumping around, I was quite knocked down, THEN THE EAL JUMPED OUT OF NOWHERE AND KNOCKED ME RIGHT INTO MOLGERA! Then he spit me out and I was dead. I felt like smashing the game to pieces.

Igos du Ikana

Maldorok
The first time I was fighting Argorok and had just entered the second stage, I realized that the Peahats I was grappling to were sinking really fast. I wondered why and I then sunk to the ground and let go facing the sky. I accidentally performed a jump attack and fell off the platform like an idiot. I realized then that I still had the Iron Boots on from the first stage, and that that was why I was sinking. >groan<

Falling into pits while trying to do a puzzle with keese and wizzrobes and everything else attacking me. Numerous times.

T

The.PostMan-

I was watching my brother play OoT MQ and he was jumping across the stones in lava to get to Ganondorf and he couldent get to this one so he bet me 2 dollars that he make make in on this jump and he did but hanging on to the side the game glitched out and he fell glitched again he was laying on top of the lava then glitched again slowly sank into the lava the GAME OVER
Priceless.

Din Akera

Sniper
The best one was in OoT in Jabu-Jabu, electrified jelly fish. One heart left, darn thing came out of nowhere, The electrifiing sounds and Link screams really bad when you get hit by one, he fell to his knees and down he went....ooo...poor boy. All i could think was "I fried his brain....oops"

February Eve

ZD District Attorney
I knew a thread like this existed! Had a little trouble searching for it. Anyway, it amuses me to "revive" it, considering the title of the subject, but I had some I wanted to add and I figured new members would as well.

Probably my most memorable deaths in TP were when I kept dying by fire - first in the bomb shack when I thought you had to kill the shadow insects before leaving (nope, turns out you leave, and then they blow up) and secondly on the bridge of Eldin. First I saw the crate too late, then I had technical difficulties when I kept climbing up on it instead of pushing. Sigh. Considering this, I may or may not have yelled "Oh no you didn't!" at King Bulbin when he set fire to the base, but I managed to escape that one.

There was also one time that shouldn't be memorable, because I don't even remember how I got a game over, but I do remember where I died - death mountain. Truth in advertising there. Normally dying for some stupid reason would annoy me, but can't say I wasn't warned!

Not an actual death, but this thread came to mind recently when I was playing Majora's mask and was in woodfall. I couldn't remember the easiest way to fight a hiploop and decided to attack it with my sword. It proceeded to knock me in the poison water and I made it back to the ground with 1/4 heart to spare. Probably one second later I would have had a game over. Not my smoothest moment. -_-'

Last edited:

DuckNoises

Gone (Wind) Fishin'
The most memorable and painful death I can think of was caused by an awful glitch in MC. Note that, before I found this glitch, I had spent about four or five hours collecting heart pieces, upgrades, sword techniques, and fusing kinstones.

Anyway, there is this room in the Palace of Winds where there is a moving platform underneath a grate going towards a different room, with an abyss below it. There are holes in the grate and obstacles above and below the grate, which you have to weave under and over using Roc's Cape. At this point, I am underneath the grate, and the screen has recently scrolled to the right into a new screen because of the moving platform. About halfway through the ride on the platform, there appears to be an area to the north within jumping distance that I haven't been to yet. Still underneath the grate, I try to jump over there, instead Link hits the bottom of the grate and doesn't move, floating there for a few seconds as the cape deploys, and the platform moves on without me. :(

Now, here's the glitch; I fall down into the abyss, and instead of respawning all the way back where you get on the platform, Link respawns in the corner of the screen underneath the grate. Link, after respawning, falls into the abyss and respawns in the same place, falling again and again into the abyss. Of course, the platform is nowhere to be seen. While Link's health gradually dwindles away, I try pausing by pushing start; nothing happens. I try select; nothing happens. A, B, L, R -- all nothing. Even after Link's health is all gone, he keeps falling and respawning in the abyss, not prompting the "game over" screen. After about a minute of Link falling repeatedly with no hearts, I realize I have to reset the game.

I get back to the character select screen and load that character. The game loads with Link having about 3 fewer heart containers, a smaller bomb bag, quiver, 3 fewer sword techniques, and several side quests I had finished before were now uncompleted. Being the cautious and intelligent person I am, I apparently hadn't saved in at least 5 hours. :mad:

Many a profanity was uttered.

My most memorable death was when I was playing Ocarina of Time about a year ago and I was right outside Bongo Bongo's room in the Shadow Temple. I had about a quarter of my health which was about 4 hearts and I fell into the bottomless pit several times and died. At that point I shut of the game and waited a few day before proceeding to fight Bongo Bongo due to my frustration.

EternalNocturne

Fluffy hair!
This was just recently. I was replaying Twilight Princess. I was in Snowpeak Ruins, and I just loaded a cannon with a cannonball. I put a bomb inside and immediately ran in front of the cannon right before it was about to shoot. All of a sudden a fairy whizzed out of Link's tunic and filled up my hearts. I was like, "O_O? How'd it get free?" And then I realized that I just died, at full health, by a cannon shot.

It's a one-hit KO. I don't blame him, though... Anyone would've died if they stood right in front of a loaded cannon and looked straight into it.

This was just recently. I was replaying Twilight Princess. I was in Snowpeak Ruins, and I just loaded a cannon with a cannonball. I put a bomb inside and immediately ran in front of the cannon right before it was about to shoot. All of a sudden a fairy whizzed out of Link's tunic and filled up my hearts. I was like, "O_O? How'd it get free?" And then I realized that I just died, at full health, by a cannon shot.

It's a one-hit KO. I don't blame him, though... Anyone would've died if they stood right in front of a loaded cannon and looked straight into it.
Ha! I have a thread about that X3

That's my most memorable death. Except I did it on purpose and used my fairies so that Link would actually die and the Game Over screen comes up.

Scythe-of-Chaos

I'm an assassin.... sshhh
well, when fighting ganon in OoT I ran out of magic. and out of green/blue potions. so I had to get him to kill me so I could reset. (also he was one shot away from death)

bds1110

Imp
Hmm.. I know I've had quite a few memorable deaths, but I just can never remember them. Sounds strange... memorable, but I forgot them. XP But there is one that I will not forget for a while, but it wasn't in a Zelda game. I don't know if this counts as a "Death", but I just have to say it.

OK, so have you guys ever played Sonic Adventure 2 Battle? Well, there was one mission thing on story mode, and I quite a bit younger than I am now at the time, and was terrified to do it because of these giant ghosts that just pop out at you from nowhere. I finally got my courage up, and went in to do it. I was getting the last key that was needed, and it was in sight. I was truly ecstatic. I was finally done with this stupid place! I ran toward it at top speed, and guess what happened. A ghost just appeared from nowhere, and I completely freaked out and went berserk and accidentally HIT THE START BUTTON, SCROLLED DOWN AND HIT "QUIT". No lie. I was taken out of the main menu and all of my progress was gone... boy, I was fuming.
But now that I look back on that... It's pretty funny. XD

EDIT: Wait, I can remember one Zelda one now. It in fact, happened to me yesterday. I was the Spirit Temple and was on my last legs as far as life on a Stalfos. I was doing all these fancy backflips and sideways jumps to dodge him then hit him, and right when he was about dead, I backflipped into the abyss. :|
That's not half as bad as my Sonic one, though...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom