• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Most disappointing boss fight?

2MooglesGaming

More fun than a bag of Kupo Nuts!
In general, the Zelda games have some of the greatest, most enjoyable boss fights in any game. Yet, there are a few in the series that just plain old suck.

Which bosses did you find to be the most disappointing?

Here's a few of our picks, if you'd like to watch :)

Dan

Water%20TempleBoss--article_image.jpg

Giant aquatic bore.
Can't say much about this boss, found the fight itself rather uninspiring and the same goes for the design.

Link Floyd

ᵒⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ʳᵘⁿ
odolwa.jpg

This guy. I found him to be uninteresting and dull to fight against. For a first boss, he lacks any kind of special qualities, and the only thing that makes him stand out is that annoying cry of his that he makes during the battle.

ALTTP-Most of the boss fights were boring.

Tentalus from SS it was so awesome. It had a climactic, dramatic scene as I fled to escape the sinking ship, I thought it would be some kind of kick-ass kraken but then I saw its derpy baby face. Even an enormous Octorok woulda been better looking then that. :(

Twinmold from MM, sure I know that fighting a Moldorm is never a fun or exciting prospect but Twinmold WITH the Giant's Mask is annoying, tedious and the second time I fought the red one, I nearly ran outta time.

Volvagia from OoT. Yup, there's nothing I enjoy more then playing whack-a-mole with a dragon that hair-whips you.

Last edited:
Well, since disappointing and easy aren't the same, I'm going to have to go with Tentulus. I was imagining something really really terrifying and awesome, and to come outside and see that weird anemone-looking doofus was just an enormous letdown.
Tentalus from SS it was so awesome, climactic, dramatic scene as I fled to escape the sinking ship, I thought it would be some kind of kick-ass kraken but then I saw its derpy baby face. Even an enormous Octorok woulda been better looking then that.

Ah, looks like someone shares my opinion. And actually, Big Octo from Ocarina was pretty damn intimidating and difficult to fight the first time through.

Morpheel from TP was pretty disappointing as well. Realizing they'd lifted the Morpha fight almost wholly from OoT made it suck, then somehow making that battle even slower paced and totally non-threatening by making you do it under water in iron boots was even more stupid. Especially since I've come to expect great things from the Water-based dungeons in Zelda games.

I'm going to have to go with Tentalus as well, when it started to rip the ship to bits, you really are expecting to see this huge terrifying monster... But you just end up fighting a stupid octopus having a temper tantrum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom