• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Most Anticipated Game(s) of Fall 2012

With the recent releases of the sequels Darksiders II and New Super Mario Bros. 2 I deemed it appropriate to create this thread.

While the fall season technically does not begin for another month or so, the biggest boom period in gaming has already initiated. Following last years phenomenal line-up of Deus Ex: Human Revolution in August; Resistance 3 and Gears 3 in September; Batman: Arkham City highlighting October, and a spectacular November climax of Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, and The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, nobody believed such a multitude of titles could be toppled. Until now.

2012 stands as a crossroads in gaming with the first major console release in six years. While it will no doubt fail to spawn a revolutionary experience right off the bat the Wii U is poised for the most balanced industry launch ever. There is something for everyone from platformers like New Super Mario Bros. U and Rayman Legends to casual fitness and relaxation games along the lines of Wii Fit U and Just Dance 4 to grittier "hardcore" games led by ZombiU.

The Wii U launch is just the tip of the iceberg, however. The Xbox 360 and especially Playstation 3 haven't exhausted themselves just yet. Multiplatform games like Borderlands II, Resident Evil 6, Assassin's Creed III, and Call of Duty: Black Ops II lead the charge. Exclusives remain too including the highly anticipated Halo 4 (360) and The Last Of Us (PS3).

With such a stellar line-up to choose from in the near future which games are you most excited for?

The two games I'm most excited for are Assassin's Creed III and (I'm probably alone here on this) NBA 2K13. They both look amazing, and I can't wait to get my hands on them. I'm also anticipating Black Ops II a bit, but I'm still undecided on whether or not I'll purchase it at this point, because MW3 was a bit of a disappointment to me.

Cfrock

Keep it strong
RESIDENT EVIL 6!!!

Sorry. I'll control myself now.

For me the list has Hitman: Absolution, Halo 4 and Dishonoured for 360. I'm excited for Black Ops 2 but I think I'm going to rent that instead of buy it.

I'm still yet to purchase Mario Tennis Open and New Super Mario Bros. 2 on 3DS but Paper Mario: Sticker Star and Prof. Laton and The Mask of Miracle are both must-haves. Shame about Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon being pushed back to 2013.

Most of all I cannot wait for the Wii U. I have to get ZombiU and Lego City Undercover (which looked like so much fun) and I intend to buy Assassin's Creed 3 on Wii U as well, to mark my transition from predominantly 360 player to (hopefully) predominantly Wii U player.

Big Octo

=^)
I'm highly anticipating Assassin's Creed III and Halo 4. I'm a bit on the fence with RE6, though. As for Black Ops II, I'll probably to the same with MW3 and not buying it, as I was not the least bit impressed by it.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Currently, I'm overhyping Resident Evil 6 as well as Call of Duty: Black Ops II. Hate me for either, rag on either, but I'm just...ecstatic for their releases. RE6 looks like a blend of RE4 and RE5, which for better or for worse, looks beyond amazing. Black Ops II while looking pretty much the same as ever release since CoD4 looks like it'll change the class sytem just enough for the experience to be semi-fresh, i.e, worth my buying and subsequent hating it. <3

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
Hard to say, it's definitely between Resident Evil 6 and Halo 4. Although, with the scarce campaign details of Halo 4 and the epic RE6 trailers, more hype is being built towards Resident Evil. But the mystery of Halo 4 also intrigues me and has me constantly wanting to know more. So it's a difficult choice for me. Other games I'm looking forward to are Assassin's Creed III, Borderlands 2, and WWE '13. Not too sure about The Last of Us yet, gotta keep a closer eye on that game.

octorok74

TETTAC
I've caught a lot of flak for this, but I am looking forward to Halo 4. So many Halo fans seem to despise the idea of the game. I'm trusting 343 won't let the real fans down. I also can't wait for AC3, because it's a great series. And I was hoping for Bioshock Infinite, but that got pushed back to after my birthday.

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
There are a lot of great looking games to be released later on this year, but the two I'm most anticipating are Paper Mario: Sticker Star and Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon.

octorok74

TETTAC
Does Crysis 3 come out in the fall, because I am also excited for that. I love games where I can see cities in the US in ruins. That's why I love Fallout 3 and why I want a Fallout 4.

I'm excited for Sly Cooper 4: Thieves in Time since we haven't gotten a new Sly Cooper game in years. The sad thing is that I don't own a PS3, but once I get my PS3, this will be the first game on my list.
Update: I just realized this game comes out next year. I'm still going to include it since it's going to be release in February which is close to Fall 2012.

Last edited:

SkullKid22

420MemeMaster
Dishonored and ACIII look *AMAZING*

Does Crysis 3 come out in the fall, because I am also excited for that. I love games where I can see cities in the US in ruins. That's why I love Fallout 3 and why I want a Fallout 4.
Crysis 3 doesn't come out until Feb. 2013

Last edited:

tysonrss

Keyblade Master
Resident Evil 6 and Assassin Creed 3 and I suppose Metal Gear Rising since I'm a huge Metal Gear fan, but I don't have my 360 anymore.

Need to buy a slim soon hopefully I get some money before the end of the year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom