• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

More than one companion

More than one insufferable companion?! Never!

Well... i think it could be a good way out for the companion haters out there.

I remember in Phantom Hourglass, by game's end we had three different fairies guiding us through the game. But what about a game where companions come and go?

I remember a wonderful game called Fragile Dreams: Farewell Ruins of the Moon on the wii, and in that game we meet and travel with 3 companions at different parts of the game, they helped forward the plot and with each passing and meeting the game felt fresh, it was a new character to get to know with new abilities and new connections to the world.

What would you think about a Zelda game doign this, for example having Fi for the first 3 dungeons, then meeting Midna for a handful more then moving on to one last companion before games end?

Do you think it'd be something that could work and would it be somthing you'd like to see?

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
More than one insufferable companion?! Never!

Well... i think it could be a good way out for the companion haters out there.

I remember in Phantom Hourglass, by game's end we had three different fairies guiding us through the game. But what about a game where companions come and go?

I remember a wonderful game called Fragile Dreams: Farewell Ruins of the Moon on the wii, and in that game we meet and travel with 3 companions at different parts of the game, they helped forward the plot and with each passing and meeting the game felt fresh, it was a new character to get to know with new abilities and new connections to the world.

What would you think about a Zelda game doign this, for example having Fi for the first 3 dungeons, then meeting Midna for a handful more then moving on to one last companion before games end?

Do you think it'd be something that could work and would it be somthing you'd like to see?

I wouldn't mind having more than one companion if they are done well.

Salem

SICK
I actually don't like the idea of companions, so if they get switched out or have the same one for the whole game makes no difference to me.

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
I wouldn't mind if companions came and went but having more than one all the way through would get super annoying, it's part of the reason Phantom Hourglass didn't feel right to me tbh

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I would actually like Link to have a party of sorts. Companions to help him fight and solve puzzles, and so on. Adventures are always more fun with more people. I love party systems in games, and pretty much any game I play that has one I always have someone along with me. It'd be really awesome to see something like that in a Zelda game.

Pen

The game is on!
I think that as long as they're not annoying it would be pretty cool. Something I'd really like to see is having two companions, one being very serious and can give you information about stuff, while the other is the comic relief but not in an annoying way. :) If Nintendo could manage to pull this off in a good way I'd be very happy. ^^

VitaTempusN92

Hero of Time! The True Zelda Genius!
Imagine Navi and Tatl in an argument... or Navi and Midna... or Navi and Ezlo... or Navi and every companion that is easily annoyed.

That would be hilarious! Someone should make a video about that! :)

-----------------------------------------

Anyways, on topic, yes, I do think Zelda games can have more than one companion as long as it's done right.

I would actually like Link to have a party of sorts. Companions to help him fight and solve puzzles, and so on. Adventures are always more fun with more people. I love party systems in games, and pretty much any game I play that has one I always have someone along with me. It'd be really awesome to see something like that in a Zelda game.

I love this idea! It'll be like Final Fantasy, Bravely Default, and Kingdom Hearts, only with Zelda characters! I've loved this idea since I was a kid! I once tried to make Zelda x Final Fantasy crossover fan-games with a program called RPG Maker. :)

Dude, you are awesome! :)

2MooglesGaming

More fun than a bag of Kupo Nuts!
Choosing from different companions would be pretty interesting if it really did lead to a different game experience. In Star Ocean The Second Story, you experienced the same general story but with slighty different views and characters depending on which main character you choose. Not companions, but the point is that it wasn't two completely different games but the same game from different perspectives.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom