• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Midna and Majora Related?

Hero_in_Green

Hero of Time
No i meant that the different forms of Majora seems spider-like, not that mask itself looks like a spider :P and to Locke, that's why I believe its just an Easter egg put in by Nintendo

No relation exists between the two...at all. It'd be really neat if there was, though. It's a total coincidence that the Fused Shadows and Majora's Mask share likeness, as are many other similar things in the Zelda series. If there was a connection, however, I'm sure Nintendo would have made it known by now via Hyrule Historia, or it could have at least been mentioned or hinted at. There might be the slim chance that a connection will be established and/or introduced at a later time, but I wouldn't bet on it.

The fact that no connection exists really sucks; it seems like a missed opportunity...

unknown

._.. .. _. _._ morse code
There seem to be too many missing links. HH says that TP comes after MM, and they might just be drawing a connection. If a few pieces were filled in there might be a possibility.

There seem to be too many missing links. HH says that TP comes after MM, and they might just be drawing a connection. If a few pieces were filled in there might be a possibility.

Yes, I agree. I see a lot of potential in that idea.

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
This is an interesting theory. It doesn't make any sense, of course, but it is interesting nonetheless. I really enjoyed reading some of the comments talking about little clues and such, which is hilarious as I am certain that no one working on the Zelda series thinks about plot connections enough to sprinkle little clues here and there. I can kind of see how you might've found a thematic resemblance between Midna's mask and Majora's face, but even if there was an intentional homage in the design I am pretty certain that it is totally irrelevant and in no way connects the two characters. I don't really think Majora is related to any other characters; that's what makes him cool.

This is completely disrespectful. It's neither ridiculous nor hilarious as these "little clues" are credible evidence. You act as if you know exactly what Nintendo's intentions were when making the Zelda games, which you certainly don't. This is all speculation and you don't have evidence to suggest it isnt true.

However, other than majora's mask and the fused shadow looking eerily similar, descriptions of the tribes are similar. The Twili used and mastered special dark magic, while the tribe in MM was said to use the dark magic in the mask for their hexing rituals

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
This is a nice thread for speculation, but I'm uncertain as to whether it can go anywhere past a theory. The problem lies in the fact of us having no hard evidence to bolster it. However, close similarities do exist and can be pointed toward the probability that Majora's Mask and the Fused Shadows share the same creators. The connection cannot be verified unless official confirmation from Nintendo came through. For now I deem it safe to guess they'd want to keep it under-wraps for future titles. If the Dark Tribe and Twili are indeed the same (does the Hylia Historia even mention this?) then the relation would require no further debate: it would already be indisputably determined.

Also, yes the same applies to the spider creature that Midna became when wearing the Fused Shadow mask and Majora's Wrath, whose whiplike arms could pass off as a resemblance to the spider. This, too, suggests possible ties between the Dark Tribe and Twili.

Hero_in_Green said:
...that's why I believe its just an Easter egg put in by Nintendo.

I honestly don't think it's an Easter egg, or a cameo. That thought is intriguing, though, because I never considered it like that. But I believe it's more of a graphical resemblance, possibly set off beforehand by Majora's design(?). Nintendo seems to love basing designs off previous objects or characters. For example, Skyward Sword had tons of similarities with NPCs. The Gear Shop owner Rupin is said to look like Happy Mask Salesman, and the band who hangs out at the Lumpy Pumpkin can be compared to Telma's gang. I'm not discounting your statement here—I don't even have the evidence to back up my own claim—so you certainly have the benefit of the doubt. :P

TheRationalDove

Red Hair Wonder
This speculation is very interesting. I never really noticed the fused shadows thematic similarities much, but I have drawn the connection between the Dark Interlopers and the ancient tribe of Majora's Mask. We can't say is it a concrete fact, but i don't think this idea is completely groundless. There are deifnetly similarities. It is probably more likely that the Fused Shadow and the Dark Interlopers are conterparts to the ancient tribe and Majora's Mask then the tribe being the same people. But who knows? If the Skull Kid was able to transport from dimension to dimension, then whose to say the Dark Interlopers couldn't have? They certainly have enough dark power at their disposal to do so.

But I completely disagree with the notion of Midna and Majora being related directly. They are different entities with different goals.

At the end of the day, it's a possibility there lies a connection (whether it was intentional or not.)

felipe970421

Mardek Innanu El-Enkidu
I believe Termina to be a sort of tainted mirror universe to hyrule, the reflection would be perfect but the sins comited by the creators of Stone Tower (See Stone tower of babel, worth the read) damaged the mirror to the point of creating alternate versions of people, landscapes and deities. I like to think the falling of the moon was intended to be the thing that would shatter the mirror completely, and majora's job is to do exactly that, the godesses, in their wrath, created Majora, she (I consider her a she) tried to shatter the mirror directly, but before she could, she was trapped on a mask by the giants (using a song?), the mask was then banished to the desert realm where she was originally found, and giant idols were created by her (or her followers, or minions). The Happy mask Salesman, trying to prevent a catastophe, recovered the mask, but a twist of fate causes skull kind to steal it, she then uses him to dispose of the giants who foiled her before by cursing them and their land (the fourth one being banished to the very place they trapped Majora) and finishes her work of shatering the mirror.

My hypothesis (fan fiction?) asumes the giants are servants of the godesses summoned to stop the shattering of the mirror (this can be justified by either saying Majora is either a demon that works against the godesses, or that she was summoned by the later who later regreted it and ordered her banishment, or perhaps the giants were already guardians and they sealed Majora after convincing the godesses of not shattering the mirror), the giants sealed Majora in a mask, but she escaped via Skull Kid and started her revenge on the giants, then on Termina, but Link (yet another servant of the godesses, aided by the godess of time) saved them all and saved the world behind the mirror.

Perhaps she is apart of the clan the created and used the mask, both clans, info remember correctly, we're banished from the realm.

If there's any relation between the two, it's likely something to do with Majora being a Twili at some point in time, but I highly doubt it. It seems too improbable and doesn't seem to affect the story of either game. Either way, I doubt the knowledge would change how anyone looks at either character.

Smoore

The Rational Theist
I think that the Dark Tribe from Twilight Princess were followers of Demise, but most got banished by the Light Spirits shortly before the backstory of Skyward Sword in the opening sequence of the game. Some of them also went into self-exile in the deep desert, becoming the Zuna tribe. Perhaps some Zuna refused to settle and ended up migrating to Termina, on the western end of the continent. They were destroyed by the Ikana Kingdom, but Majora's Mask disappeared. Eventually, due to the people's defiance of the goddesses, the goddesses banished Termina to another dimension where it could be destroyed in isolation so that the rest of the world wouldn't go down with it. They left one gateway open between the worlds—mirrored places within forests of either world. Since the gateway was an exact mirror in each world, passing through it could happen seamlessly and unknowingly if one stumbled upon it somehow.

This is completely disrespectful. It's neither ridiculous nor hilarious as these "little clues" are credible evidence. You act as if you know exactly what Nintendo's intentions were when making the Zelda games, which you certainly don't. This is all speculation and you don't have evidence to suggest it isnt true.

However, other than majora's mask and the fused shadow looking eerily similar, descriptions of the tribes are similar. The Twili used and mastered special dark magic, while the tribe in MM was said to use the dark magic in the mask for their hexing rituals

I was just saying I think a lot of people overestimate Nintendo's engagement in the plot lines of the Zelda games. I don't think Nintendo ever even thought of connecting these things. I'm pretty much 100% certain that any resemblance is entirely due to the somewhat similar design styles o all of the games in the series.

you know maybe because i ve seen a cople of littile hidden majoras mask stuff in TP

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom