• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Meat!

What is the best meat?

• Beef

Votes: 13 33.3%
  • Chicken

Votes: 18 46.2%
  • Pork

Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Lamp

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Turkey

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Seafood

Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Bison

Votes: 3 7.7%
  • Other

Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Dolphin

Votes: 3 7.7%
  • Vegetarian

Votes: 1 2.6%

• Total voters

Djinn

and Tonic
Who loves meat? Do you love meat? What kinds do you eat!

Post about the meats and which meats are the best meats

Meat.jpg
food,vintage,ad,funny,like,meat-523e4ad18181a467efbbd9e8f62017ec_h.jpg

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
I like meat. Meat is good. When people put pictures on Facebook about how disgusting some animal products are like gelatin, I respond talking about how hungry that makes me.
My favorite meat is chicken. I just feels like it goes so well with everything. I feel like there are some pork products that may surpass it, but bunching them all together, the lesser pork cuts outdo bacon.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Chicken is pretty good and it's easy to cook and goes well with a lot of things, but I can't pick it because there are types of chicken that I don't like (I prefer boneless chicken, chicken parts like drumsticks and thighs don't taste very good to me). I had to go with seafood because I overwhelmingly love seafood more and I've never had seafood that I didn't like before.

Reactions: Dio
I have what you would call... peculiar tastes. I have high standards in meat, which makes it difficult to eat anything one would find in the stores. Like my uncivilized ancestors, I'm forced to get it myself. I know it's uncomfortable, and it doesn't earn a lot of friends, but what else am I supposed to do? I keep having to skip town when intolerant vegetarians start judging me over my diet. They always cry "Murderer! Killer!" at me when I walk by, and I can even recall times when law enforcement officials questioned me about it.

Seriously?! Is it suddenly illegal to get my own meat? Humans are omnivores, we can't survive on just salad and nuts, a balanced diet of meat is good for all of us! So why can't they understand that? I even pick off the ones that nobody would miss anyway, like homeless people with no families for example.

I just don't get.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I tend to eat turkey the most due to it being cheaper and leaner than chicken. That being said it is not my favourite.

Seafood is my favourite, in particular I like sea bass and bream, crabs and mussels.

My favourite non seafood meats are ostritch, zebra and camel.

There aren't any meats I really dislike. I was ill on a day I ate an ox liver once and I could not bear the taste of liver after that, even venison reminded me of it a bit so I didn't like to eat that often. However recently I have started eating venison on a more regular basis.

Any meat that is not halal slaughtered. Halal is animal cruelty. I refuse to knowingly eat any meat that is slaughtered via the halal ways. I care too much for animal cruelty.
Also the halal certification tax does indeed help fun islamic extremist terrorism. Another reason to avoid all halal slaughtered meat.

Note Well: Not all meat packaging has a halal certification logo on it (there are many different logos for this). This is often hidden from the public.

I like lamb, beef and pork, but I'm not too much of a fan of chicken. I once ate crocodile meat, but it had an odd aftertaste.

(Why is Lamp an option in the poll? Lol)

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Any meat that is not halal slaughtered. Halal is animal cruelty. I refuse to knowingly eat any meat that is slaughtered via the halal ways. I care too much for animal cruelty.
Also the halal certification tax does indeed help fun islamic extremist terrorism. Another reason to avoid all halal slaughtered meat.

Note Well: Not all meat packaging has a halal certification logo on it (there are many different logos for this). This is often hidden from the public.
Can you not use random threads to perpetuate bull**** fox news propaganda please

Halal is just cutting it in a certain way to get more purified meat. And by Halal standards, water is Halal. Are you gonna stop drinking water? Give me a break. Not to mention it's not much different from our slaughter of cows and chickens and other livestock for meat in the US. If Halal is animal cruelty, then so is that. So you should just stop eating meat in general, I guess, right?

Skunk

Floof
Can you not use random threads to perpetuate bull**** fox news propaganda please

Halal is just cutting it in a certain way to get more purified meat. And by Halal standards, water is Halal. Are you gonna stop drinking water? Give me a break. Not to mention it's not much different from our slaughter of cows and chickens and other livestock for meat in the US. If Halal is animal cruelty, then so is that. So you should just stop eating meat in general, I guess, right?

The way that zabiha works is that the animal's jugular is cut while someone recites Allah o Akbar, and the animal is left there for all of its blood to drain out. Zabiha is the method by which meat is made Halal, so stop shouting at people that they're saying propaganda without understanding. Halal simply means approved of by God, so basically anything that a particular sect of Islam says is good is Halal. The bad things are called Haram. Haram meat, from animals slaughtered without this ritual, is usual made by stunning the animal it comes from and then killing the animal. Neither way is painless, but that said there's not really any way to slaughter animals that's painless. The Halal method is more painful, and more excruciating, because the animal could take up to two minutes of bleeding out from its neck to die, while the stunning non-Halal kills them faster and with less pain.

I can understand where you're coming from, and the8thark is pretty conspiratorial, but Zabiha is a ritual some people don't want performed on the animals they end up eating, and don't want the animals to have to suffer a more gruesome death for them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom