• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda Marriage in Zelda? Continuing the Blood Line.

Ok so I have changed this thread so it's more to the point and much clearer in purpose.

So after you beat practically any Zelda game there really isn't any explanation as to links future and while some of the games have the same generation of link, the others do not and by the next game it's a different link.

I have wondered for a while does link ever settle down and continue his blood line, I mean throughout the games the different links have found many possible partners with whom to have a life with but does the hero really get the girl after the story ends or is his work never truly done, and he is just reborn when he's needed again.

So do you guys think link ever gets the chance for a peaceful life with someone and his bloodline continued or is he simply reborn when a hero is needed?

I kind of believe he's just reborn in some situations.

Last edited:
Interesting but I have revised the thread so it's more focused on the question than the games to which it pertains to more clearly convey my question and curiosity.

I honestly believe that link is probably reborn more often than his bloodline is continued though there is evidence in a number of games that suggests he may have had parents.

I feel like this is asking a lot of metaphysical questions that we can only speculate about. :)

Personally I don't think that Zelda and Link end up together, except for maybe in SS. Off the top of my head, I would buy into the Ganon's curse theory, which stipulates that Ganon curses Zelda and Link (their souls) to be forever bound in the eternal fight against evil, never resting. It wouldn't be too far of a leap to say that included in this curse, since all their lives kind of suck, is something about any lovers dying early or never being found, etc. Responsibility trumps the need to find that special someone.

I would say that their souls are called back to Hyrule whenever there is trouble. Buuuuut, then again, it seems silly that Ganon would doom himself to face off with the only people capable of defeating him. . .

If there just HAPPEN to be awesome people ready to fight Ganon, including the tradition of naming all princesses Zelda, then I guess that could work too, in a very circumstantial way.

Night Owl

~Momentai
I would assume that Link would just settle down after his adventure. The only time where he was abruptly taken from the world is when Zelda restored him to his time at the end of OoT.

Future Link's need not be related by blood to become the new hero. They just need to have the Spirit of the hero.
The goddesses would choose the new hero by choosing the young lad who will have the courage to face evil when it returns.
He may be a descendant of a previous Link, but he doesn't have to be.

Very interesting, but yeah it would be kind of stupid of Ganon to screw him self into a never ending battle which in most cases he loses, I find that there is some suggestion that link is born, I have come to believe that as the curse theory suggests link is simply reborn over and over but not necessarily because of a curse but by a means that I think is connected to the triforce.

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
I always figured they settled down after the game. Most people quit wandering and settle down at some point. I mean the bloodlines have to continue somehow, don't they? Link and Zelda have to do something to create that next generation (wink).

Ha ha ha that last part is pretty funny ihateghirahim, I'm a little conflicted the hero's shade wanted to pass on his knowledge to another of his bloodline but it would be hard for there to be a bloodline if link is only or mostly reborn and if link is born then there should be more evidence of relatives, OoT link was brought to the forest by his mother but was she his birth mother or an adoptive mother.

There may be a balance between the hero's birth and being reborn, but the hero being reborn seems to be more common than birth based on the little info that is given by the games.

On a side note if Link and Zelda from SS continued the bloodline all generations of link after would have royal blood but that would also mean that future links would be related to Zelda which could lead to inbreeding which is bad.

Last edited:

CraptainFalcon

Bored to death
Well it depends on the game. SS, the Zelink makes the most sense and is simply adorable. OoT, Malon. TP, Ashei. Why? Because they're both warriors and he needs someone who can take care of herself.

Finally someone else who wants Ashei!

Really, it's up to us fans to see who we pair Link up with. Nintendo really don't give a crap about marriage in Zelda.

No Nintendo doesn't care and if they do they have not yet said so, but if they do I don't think it would be a good thing to incorporate into a Zelda story but possibly into its history, I would like to know more about links bloodline, and where it comes from because it can't include princess Zelda unless its at the very beginning or the very end of his bloodline, and would be a one time thing as afterword their descendants would be related to each other.

Last edited:

Dragoncat

Twilit wildcat: Aerofelis
Finally someone else who wants Ashei!
*high fives a million times*

SS Zelink can happen without all the future Links and Zeldas being related. It works like this: Their first born is the first prince of Hyrule(or princess, but we're going with my head canon here, and their first kid is male), and the ancestor of the future Zeldas. They have one more kid, she's the ancestor of the future Links(my head canon again). After eons pass and OoT comes along for example, the relation is so distant that they're not siblings or cousins or whatever.

Yes, all the Links just have to have the spirit of the hero/triforce of courage, not necessarily on a bloodline, but it helps. Note how WW Link was just a random kid. He wasn't on that bloodline and he had to prove himself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom