• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Mario Kart 8 Discussion Thread

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
I just got $7 of eShop credit for free, and it's because of Mario Kart 8. This should be relevant towards anybody who bought a Deluxe Wii U set (the black one) any time since launch of the console. Yes, it's official and legal, read the box. This is a friendly reminder to those who either forgot this promotion exists or never knew about it in the first place.

https://p.nintendo.net/premium/

As you buy stuff off the eShop, you get points. The higher the value of purchase, the more points you get. Once you reach a certain number of points, you get an activation code for eShop credit. The free download of a retail game you get with Mario Kart 8 is enough to push this cap, and you get credit because of it. In my case, New Super Mario Bros. U is worth $72.68, which is equal to 519 pts. 500 pts gives me AUD$7 on the eShop.

If you own a black Wii U and have bought Mario Kart 8, go try this out.

Fig

The Altruist
@Krash I'm guessing the black Zelda WiiU doesn't count in that? ;o

But I swear... Music Park always makes me want to play Harvest Moon Animal Parade. Maybe I will.

It should, but you have to simply agree to the terms of the program. You have to register with it with Club Nintendo and all junk. I'm not sure if the promotion is still going on but I would double check just to be safe that you do get your $5 after getting the WWHD bundle because I got $5 when I got the bundle and another $5 after I bought Tropical Freeze.

Just checked over on the site and I just received my $5 for purchasing Mario Kart 8! It really is nice for Nintendo to give us credit when we purchase a big title! It really adds up and soon enough you can purchase another game with the credit you stored in the first place! Thanks Nintendo! ^^

Fig

The Altruist
I elect to rename this franchise 'Morton Kart 8'.

This is just like with Metal Mario back in Mario Kart 8. Apparently Morton is the best character in the game with his high speed, weight, and pretty good acceleration for a heavy character. Let's just hope that this doesn't last long for a while because there are characters that could theoretically beat Morton given the chance you selected the proper customizations for your kart/bike/ATV.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
I elect to rename this franchise 'Morton Kart 8'.
I don't think Luigi would appreciate that. Well, I guess it's better than Mario Kart 8 anyway.

also fyi Bowser and Wario have identical stats to Morton. I don't use Bowser because he's huge and I can't see banana peels in front of me, and I don't use Wario because I hate him even more than Morton (didn't know Morton existed before this game).

also fyi morton's acceleration is still the lowest in the game (tied with bowser and wario of course). I just use high accel kart parts (Airship, Rollers) to make up for it.

NO REGRETS

0a449a7691.gif

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Still haven't gotten a chance to play the game, but I definitely want to.

Also, does anybody know if there's one of those neat Mario Kart 8 avatars of Yoshi floating around?

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
This is just like with Metal Mario back in Mario Kart 8. Apparently Morton is the best character in the game with his high speed, weight, and pretty good acceleration for a heavy character. Let's just hope that this doesn't last long for a while because there are characters that could theoretically beat Morton given the chance you selected the proper customizations for your kart/bike/ATV.

I've never played as Morton yet, but I do pretty well with the characters I choose. So far my best characters are Bowser, Toadette and Shy Guy, lol

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
Stupid question: How do you change the controllers you use? I own a Wii U Pro Controller in order to play this, but I don't know how to use it.

Well, I notice that if I open the game with another controller than the gamepad it becomes the main controller to navigate the menues with... try that

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom