• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Mario Kart 8 Discussion Thread

Big Octo

=^)
I'll be honest, I'm not very interested with the installment. Anti-gravity, while new to Mario Kart, is a concept already seen in other games, and is nothing that will make buy the game. I'm content with Mario Kart Wii concerning the console titles. I really don't need anything more than it.

Too bad, I guess. I'll pass on this installment, and it definitely won't be a system seller for me. Nothing in particular catches my attention.

Salem

SICK
One of the top comments on the youtube page talks of a petition to add Fawful to the game, should he be though?

Definitely gonna buy this game either way.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Not worth $60 if there aren't over 36 playable tracks in the game IMO. However I'll definitely nab this mug for $40 or less. :)

Anti-gravity doesn't appeal to me. I'm excited for Motorbikes!

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Meh. Same old Mario Kart, and the new addition isn't exactly an innovation. Changing gravity. No game's ever done that before! Will get it if I have enough friends who want to play it together, got no real intention of picking it up otherwise. Probably wait for it to go a bit cheaper too.

Cfrock

Keep it strong
I adore Mario Kart and I can't wait for M-Zero to be released. It looks absolutely gorgeous, the trailers are showing at least two tracks from Mario Kart 7 I was hoping would return on the Wii U (Piranha Plant Pipeway and Melody Motorway), and the new tracks look really fun as well. I like the idea of having multiple paths through some of the tracks and, frankly, as long as it has the same quality of gameplay as the series almost always does this will be a highlight of the Wii U's catalogue. The only thing I hope is that the return to 12 racers doesn't have the same effect as it did in Mario Kart Wii, which was to turn each race into an absolute war-zone, but I won't be holding my breath on that one. If they bring back Wario Coliseum from Double Dash, though, I'll forgive them almost anything.

Fig

The Altruist
I honestly can't wait for Mario Kart 8 to official be released. Even though I have seen the usage of anti-gravity in other racing games ("Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity" anyone? :xd:), but I do have to admit, I can't wait to play using the anti-gravity effects that the game offers. I guess it's because of the way that Mario Kart utilizes the gameplay mechanic. I'm so stoked for Mario Kart 8! :P

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
Errr, it's not really worth my money tbh. I'm not gonna lie, though, the game looks fantastic; however, it seems rather boring. I'm not looking to buy a game I know I'll only play a handful of times. Not only that, but there's not a chance in hell I'm paying $60 for that game. Like I said, it's not worth it. Perhaps if the price were to drop I'd be more interested in purchasing a copy, but as for right now I'll save my money and time.

I'll buy it at some point, for two reasons:

1) The only console Mario Kart I've owned so far is Double Dash, so I want it for some satisfactory local multiplayer, to catch up on some features and courses from Mario Kart Wii I've missed out on, and because it'll be nice to just sit on the couch, relax, and play this beautiful game on a big HD TV.

2) To trick myself into thinking my purchase of a Wii U was justified.

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
This looks amazing. Need to get it as soon as possible. If it's anywhere near as refined as Mario Kart 7, it's definitely worth a purchase.

One of the top comments on the youtube page talks of a petition to add Fawful to the game, should he be though?

I'm more concerned with people in the comments talking about canon in Mario games.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom