• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Manga Discussion (Spoilers)

I'm afraid I don't read other mangas except wee side ones, but I'm definitely glad I've never got into One Piece then. I couldn't put up with that nonsense. I think if it was left unanswered for a REASON, like there was a proper reason etc. then yeah, it'd be poetic. But if it's just left unanswered it indicates poor planning to me.
ACWNR is brilliant, I have that one and have read it many, many times. Have you seen that OVA? Because the ending is SOOOOO different in the manga, and I am a little annoyed about how the anime team did the ending in ACWNR now that i know how it was meant to end.
Can't comment on Before the Fall yet, I haven't read it yet as I haven't had time. :)

WhyBuffet

The Hero of Wind
I don't read any other mangas other that AoT, to be honest.
I just know that One Piece has been in circulation since '97, and is still going.
No, I'm 99% sure that Isayama knows exactly what's in that basement. But whether or not everyone lives long enough to find out, is another story (looking at you Erwin, though if he doesn't live to see what's inside I think I will cry).
Yes, I've seen the OVAs, but haven't read the manga versions, so please no spoilers on that one! I know the group is called "Manga Discussion (Spoilers)," but I'm pretty sure that only concerns AoT spoilers, right? AoT: ACWNR spoilers don't fall under that particular "spoilers" umbrella.
In short, NO SPOILERS! :P
But all the more reason for me to get off my butt and read it, I guess.

WhyBuffet

The Hero of Wind
I'm starting to read ACWNR, but I have some canonical concerns about it...

I'm only two chapters in, but it looks like that in ACWNR, Keith Shadis seemed on board with Erwin's "long range scouting formation" plan from the start. However in the actual manga, in a flashback, it shows Keith Shadis shutting Erwin's plan down, saying "No, try it when you're commander."

Not a huge deal, but if that can be inaccurate I question the legitimacy of the spinoff...

WhyBuffet

The Hero of Wind
I put it all in a spoiler tag in the post above.
The spoiler tag doesn't do a very good job of standing out on this forum, but I'll post it again here.

I'm only two chapters in, but it looks like that in ACWNR, Keith Shadis seemed on board with Erwin's "long range scouting formation" plan from the start. However in the actual manga, in a flashback, it shows Keith Shadis shutting Erwin's plan down, saying "No, try it when you're commander."

Not a huge deal, but if that can be inaccurate I question the legitimacy of the spinoff...

I just enjoyed the story, legitimacy I think is fine considering that mainly its for the development of Levi's character and less for the development of past events. So I wouldn't worry, just enjoy it? Then again I read a lot of Fanfiction so i might be less fussed. But I loved the art, and the two characters of Isabel and Farlan.

I also really enjoyed how much the animation had improved by the time the OVA's came out, i mean you look at the way their hair moves and its pretty mad how much more detail there is. Gives me high hopes for the next season of the anime, y'know, if it actually gets released in our lifetimes haha! Then again, I'll bet the anime team have wanted to delay **** because they'll want to know where(ish) to go with the Key storyline and the Annie one too. Otherwise its like HEY THESE ARE IMPORTANT and then they're never heard of again.

WhyBuffet

The Hero of Wind
I read somewhere that the production team on the anime wanted to let the manga stay at least two story arcs ahead.
So when this next season comes out, expect another 2-year delay until the third.

Its farcical in all honesty, if I were them? I'd worry about losing people in all honesty. It's kind of a joke to expect people to wait so long.

WhyBuffet

The Hero of Wind
They told us season 2 would be ready last year, right? Then it got postponed to this year. That's understandable, they want to do a good job and stay behind the manga, that's fine.
If it got postponed again, to 2017, that might be a different story, I could see more people getting mad about that.
However, I don't think even an indefinite delay of the anime would ever prompt me to drop the franchise altogether.

Haha its been 3 years, there's doing a good job and then there's being ridiculous. Nah I don't think it will really harm them, but the interest is still there right now, they're being a bit thick as far as I can see.

WhyBuffet

The Hero of Wind
From what I've read, it sounds like we were lucky to even get a season 2; at the time the anime came out, AoT was a relatively unheard of manga (well not unheard of but it was definitely not as popular as it is now). The anime gave AoT a huge boost in popularity, which a lot of the people working on it were not expecting. Therefore, they took their sweet time trying to develop season 2, and I guess now they're taking even more sweet time. Who knows the reasons for it? I am not there, I do not know. All I know is, the guy who directed the AoT anime also directed the DeathNote anime, so he's no slouch.

WhyBuffet

The Hero of Wind
I don't think he does any of the animation for either series; he is the director, so the artists involved fall under his direction. So perhaps his direction or artists got better, in that case..?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom