• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Manga Discussion (Spoilers)

WhyBuffet

The Hero of Wind
I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not...
But in case you really don't remember, Daz was that really pathetic guy from the 104th Trainee Squad.
In the anime, he was the one who was throwing up when Titans attacked Trost, and would rather be killed for abandoning the military than be killed by Titans.
In the manga, he was the guy that almost froze to death on that mission with Historia and Ymir.
Or, I could just show this picture of him, which is sure to jog your memory :)

latest

Lol i thought that was different characters... I wasn't being sarcastic. I genuinely don't know who that is haha.

WhyBuffet

The Hero of Wind
To be honest, I don't know.
I had hoped that she would be re-introduced into the series at some point, but now you have planted the seeds of doubt in my mind that she will just be a throwaway character.

Ah sorry about that, they have mentioned her though, that being why Reiner and Bertholdt were arguing with the Beast Titan dude. So I don't think she will be, but I'm a little confused as to what will end up happening to her. It'll have to be decent after so much build up and waiting.

WhyBuffet

The Hero of Wind
So I just read the newest chapter...
If you haven't read it yet, SPOILERS ahead, so be warned.

So the chapter opens up with a flashback of Reiner and Bertolt talking. I assume it was in the present when they're waiting with the Beast Titan to ambush Eren.
So anyway, I'm scrolling down the page reading and then I see Marco, and I jump up out of my seat and start freaking out, going "Oh my God it was true after all! He really IS a Titan!!!"
I freak out for a full minute, then sit down and keep reading. It's only then that I realize that this flashback is not in the relative present, but a flashback to when they were all trainees in Trost.
One of the opening panels even shows Bertolt and Reiner's Trainee Corps jackets, but I overlooked those the first time around.
So in the end Marco is confirmed dead, as opposed to those theories I've seen that pose he is alive. It was really brutal, too. Like I feel upset after reading it.

Brutal chapter in all honesty, just read it myself and ugh the whole ****ing time they were thinking they had managed to kill Reiner? I was like nope. Nape is still there, I won't believe that bastard is dead until you have sliced off the nape of his real body god dammit!! And oh look, he roared and I was right -_- he might not be able to fight etc. but still, DUH. I'm also a little annoyed the flashback took up so much of the chapter as basically nothing has progressed except for Berty Boy being propelled through the air like a human sling shot pellet.

WhyBuffet

The Hero of Wind
In the present, I agree with you; it is frustrating to wait a whole month to find out what happens next only to get a tiny snippet of information, with most of it flashbacks.
However, once the series is complete, and we have access to the whole story, I think we will appreciate the "filler" a little more, since we won't have a tedious month-long wait to read the rest.
For example, I started reading the manga April of last year. By that time, the Uprising arc was pretty much done. To be honest, I liked the Uprising arc, but I admit it was a little slow at times.
Now, can you imagine if I had to wait a month every time I wanted to read another chapter of that arc? I'd probably get bored of the series after a while.
My point is that having the series as a whole will allow us to appreciate these filler moments more.
I can't wait for that moment.
But in the meantime, still an emotional and impactful chapter :)

Oh yeah definitely, nothing wrong with a 'filler' thing at all, gives Isamya extra time etc. I'm sure, but it was just a little bit like OH MY GOD YES.... wait... is he dead or not? God darn it. I also love how quick Armin was like, ding ding, i know what's going down!!

WhyBuffet

The Hero of Wind
Keep in mind that he could still be dead... He let out a roar then slumped back down, so perhaps his final act was giving the signal, sort of like an autonomic response kind of thing?
In any case, we won't know for another month :P

I will be a bit like... uh... you should have just been dead then haha, but whatever. I just hope we FINALLY get to know either what happened with Annie, or what's in the basement. Becuase both things seriously need sorted, they are in the first god damn section and STILL aren't resolved. It's getting a bit tiresome. Attack on Titan = Attack on Patience.

WhyBuffet

The Hero of Wind
Again though, it only feels that way because we get small bits of the story every month.
I think it adds to the excitement, to be honest.
Two things that get me super excited in life: new Pokémon games being released, and seeing a new chapter being added for Attack on Titan every month :P

Well yes and no, these are things that are WAAAAAAY back in the beginning chapters type of deal, and we are now on... 77? It's getting to the point that I no longer care about Annie, and barely care about the basement anymore.
Never played Pokemon as I've never had a Gameboy etc. and thankfully my boyfriend got me the Before The Fall spinoff series for christmas, or at least the first two books of it, so I have something to tide me over. As well as writing my own fics.

WhyBuffet

The Hero of Wind
Yeah, but think about other mangas... Think about One Piece, the best-selling manga of all time. It's been, what, almost 20 years and they still haven't found One Piece yet?!
I think compared to that the wait to finding out what's in the basement is nothing.
But also, if we never found out what was in the basement, I think that would be brilliant. I mean, yes, it would piss the crap out of me and everyone in the world... but it would be so artistic and poetic in a sense... and that's what AoT is to me, it's always been about evoking emotions.
I have to read Before the Fall, as well as ACWNR. Especially the latter, as apparently it appears to be canon. Though I've heard Before the Fall is too, so all the more reason to read both.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom