• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda Make Your Arrow

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
Remember OoT and MM? They were Da Bomb. They introduced Fire and Ice to the series. Fire Arrows could light things on fire(big shock) and that ice, but were only effective above water. Ice Arrows froze enemies in OoT, but in MM could be used to freeze water. They could be used to create platforms on water and stop waterfalls. These Arrows were amazing, but what kind of arrow might you use? Design one. List it abilities, what you might have to do to get it, and how it might be used. Be creative and have fun with it.

I want a ricochet arrow. You might have to win an archery using one to get a quiver full of them. They would have distinct copper-colored and shiny metal tips. You would have to aim them to bounce off of different flat surfaces. They would be useful in hitting multiple targets at once to activate a switch. I also foresee their use hitting targets you can't directly reach. Walls, blocks, waterfalls, and other surfaces could be the perfect features, both to obstruct your arrows and for ricocheting. I foresee Iron Knuckles, in order to beat, must have a ricochet arrow bounced off a wall and hit against their backs.

A boss could be a massive genie that pops out of a lamp in the center of a room at the base of a tower. He would be invincible to all your attacks because he could heal himself inside his lamp after taking a certain amount of damage. The only thing capable of beating him would be a huge chandelier hanging from the top of the tower You'd have to ricochet an arrow off the wall of the tower while aiming almost straight up. A perfect shot would break the chain suspending the chandelier. It would fall down and smash the bottle. You'd have to time it so that the genie was in the bottle healing himself, or else he could catch the chandelier and put it back in place. The first two times you nail the bottle, it would crack and the genie would put it back in place. The final time, it would smash the bottle and kill the genie. Pretty boss?

Last edited:
We've had light arrows, right? But... how about a shadow arrow?

Suppose certain enemies were actually light creatures. You're hated by all, and people either flee or attack you. You need to fight back, but don't want to hurt them, right? The Shadow Arrow stuns light creatures but does not wound, as well as being self-replenishing, so you can use it to hit targets and such but not as a true weapon. This could also be helpful if you have some kind of thing going on where the light hurts you, such as a plague... and I'm creating a game where you have the Shadow Plague... it's depressing.

You could get this arrow form a jinxed quiver or something that an evil thing gave to you, expecting you to try and hurt evil creatures with ti only to find that it temporarily strengthens them. Then you slap the in the face by finding a use for it.

HylianHero

Gardener of Elysium
Yeah a thunder arrow! That would be awesome. I imagine a electric themed dungeon where you need to connect circuits and then activate them with the arrow and enemies covered in metal armor that need to be electrocuted to make them vulnerable for short periods of time. And it would also paralyze regular enemies. Kind of like the brush technique Thunder for those of you who have played Okami. You could possibly get them from the Thunder Dragon Lanayru...?

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
We've had light arrows, right? But... how about a shadow arrow?

Suppose certain enemies were actually light creatures. You're hated by all, and people either flee or attack you. You need to fight back, but don't want to hurt them, right? The Shadow Arrow stuns light creatures but does not wound, as well as being self-replenishing, so you can use it to hit targets and such but not as a true weapon. This could also be helpful if you have some kind of thing going on where the light hurts you, such as a plague... and I'm creating a game where you have the Shadow Plague... it's depressing.

You could get this arrow form a jinxed quiver or something that an evil thing gave to you, expecting you to try and hurt evil creatures with ti only to find that it temporarily strengthens them. Then you slap the in the face by finding a use for it.

I had a similar idea, except that my arrow would not be for use only on light-magic creatures.

The Dark Arrow - wherever it lands, it creates, for a few seconds, a miniature black hole that sucks everything in the immediate vicinity into it. It can send small enemies and objects directly into the Void or the "space between dimensions" that Ganondorf seems to like banishing his failed projects to.

Or maybe a Blade Arrow - once shot, two blades come out beside the tip like a fan and it becomes a sweeping scythe of death that can behead monsters or cut several ropes at once.

The Messenger Arrow - the only arrow used peaceably. Link can tie a message to it, and once shot, this magical arrow turns into a beautiful, mystical-looking bird that delievers his message to whomever it is adressed. Would be for use in game puzzles that require contact with certain NPCs.

Portal arrows. Think about all the fun that could be had with those.

I think they could only happen in a Zelda/Portal crossover though.

The Bow of GladOs! Uh, no. Heh.

I want that crossover... it'd be hard, but we've seen LoZ and Pokemon crossover fanart, why not?

Moving on. Perhaps the Impact Arrow--it creates a shockwave that spreads out and stuns/weakens/breaks anything it touches--it can be a precise alternative to bombs that doens't actually explode, in that you can shoot walls and they'll break. Or perhaps the arrow is the shockwave--it diminishes after a time, but it'd be a quick and easy way to hack down shrubbery or stun long lengths of foes for easy kills. There are so many things once could do with this.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Anyone who played Ty the Tasmanian Tiger will probably know what I am on about but I would like to see a Multi-Arrow

This type of bow or arrow, however you wanna put it....Well it would shoot multiple arrows in many directions, almost spam like. It could take out multiple enemies however it isn't necessarily long range or accurate meaning it has a different use in combat. One would use this when In close combat rather than in stealth or from long range.

Last edited:
I was happy with fire, ice and light. Multi arrows would be good and i'd like a bow and arrow that played a lot like the boomerang in WW, select your targets and fire at will at a handful of enemies. Bomb arrows in TP were good, Electric/thunder/lightning arrows would look.... flashy. And a portal arrow would just be hilarious and a lot of fun. For me though, a homing arrow might be cool, I'm reminded of one scene from Vampire Hunter D- Bloodlust that looked to have a homing arrow and i've always wanted to be able to control one in Zelda; pick your target and fire, it'll hit every time but the enemy could block it or if its a killer you could have a small amount like 5 or something, it'd be fun.

Dragoncat

Twilit wildcat: Aerofelis
Yeah a thunder arrow! That would be awesome. I imagine a electric themed dungeon where you need to connect circuits and then activate them with the arrow and enemies covered in metal armor that need to be electrocuted to make them vulnerable for short periods of time. And it would also paralyze regular enemies. Kind of like the brush technique Thunder for those of you who have played Okami. You could possibly get them from the Thunder Dragon Lanayru...?
Yeah that would work...

How about a suction cup arrow? It doesn't hurt, it just sticks to whatever it lands on. I can see little kids learning how to shoot with those. Picture Link giving his kid a bow with some suction cup arrows. Now picture him with a suction cup arrow stuck to his forehead :lol:
"Fletcher! Don't shoot your father!"
"But Mom it doesn't do anything."
"I don't care! Your bow is gone for a month."

Yeah that would be more of a fanfic thing...I can't see it being useful ingame...

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
What if you used it to cover things? A goop arrow might work just as well. You could cover up holes to keep water from flowing into a room. You could put it on mirrors and use it to halt a ray of light.
You could even use it to cover the eyes of some huge boss. Maybe one that's made of stone, that has to be covered because you can't hurt it. I can totally see Link blinding a giant stone gohma. You could blind it and then make it chase after the sound of your running the objective would be to make it run into a wall or off a cliff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom