• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Modern Majora's Mask? Link to the Past?

PokaLink

Pokalink the avaricious
Personaly i would like MM remake better, i just love OoT and love MM, all they have to do is use the same software they used to make the OoT remake, however personaly i really want a new game.

If there is going to be a remake, I would want LttP for sure. I feel like many LoZ fans started out on OoT and MM, and they need something to help them go back to play and appreciate the greatness that is LttP.

knowlee

Like a river's flow, it never ends...
I dunno. I like both games a lot. >.> Although I am a much bigger fan of ALttP than MM, but still, they are two of my favorite Zelda games.

I personally would like to have both remade. I don't want them to change anything though, just keep it as they were in the original version of the game. ALttP I would like to have just a 3Dish look to it which would allow us to see what it looks like through that view. MM I would like for them to do like they did with OoT 3D. Give it the same graphics looks as that and add a little detail to it. My favorite part of OoT 3D happened to be all the details they put into it like the decor changes and the pictures and what not. I would like for them to do the same to MM and possibly let us find a few easter eggs. :P

But yeah, I would like to have both remade. :)

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Majora's Mask is the first Zelda game I've ever played, so I'd like to say it's the one I want remade. On the other hand, I've never played A Link to the Past, despite all the awesome things I hear about it. I'm indecisive, therefore, on which I'd prefer to see in 3D or HD—whichever Nintendo intends to design them in.

Perhaps the best remedy to this is putting one on the 3DS and the other on the Wii U. This would give fans of both games the opportunity to try them on either gaming device, and in a higher standard of quality than the originals, for those who look forward to aesthetics. If I were to guess Majora's Mask would likely go on the 3DS, following the steps of OoT 3D; and the ALttP remake would go on the Wii U.

The only foreseeable downside to this is the lack of new games. Nintendo's development team would have their hands full with the remakes to release brand new titles to the fans; and while many are hopeful for the remakes, everybody clearly is not. Many follow the franchise because of the fresh adventures that Link goes on every few years. So if both MM and ALttP were to be remade, it would be best to stagger their developments and release dates so that novel Zelda games could be squeezed in here and there, whenever it's suitable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom