• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Majora's Mask and Alice's Adventures in Wonderland

Steve

5/19/13
Another aspect that makes them related is their keen sense of color, they use harsh colors like greens, purples, and reds that really stand out. I guess the only major thing that separates Majora's Mask from Wonderland, is that Link didn't use acid to get there. (Or did he?) XD

midnightokami

Can I has cheese burger?
They're alike in a lot of ways.

Both Alice and Link go into another world
by falling through a hole

They both meet strange people
some friends
some enemies

They both change in shape.
Alice grows large and small
And Link turns into other creatures.

Nintendo obviously takes a lot of inspiration from Alice. Mario eats mushrooms and grows large too. Thoughts?

Wow a lot of similarities. I just its a coincidence cause I never thought of similarities to zelda games. Thinking of majoras mask, I never finished it yet. It just doesn't feel like a zelda game at all.

ChargewithSword

Zelda Dungeon's Critic
Has anyone also ever felt a Cheshire Cat similarity in the Keaton considering he pops out of nowhere and seems to have considerable knowledge, however he doesn't share it.

The Dekus could also be seen as the flowers of Alice since they do not take a liking to those who are not one of their own and they are plant like.

arkvoodle

Diabolical
They're alike in a lot of ways.

Both Alice and Link go into another world
by falling through a hole

They both meet strange people
some friends
some enemies

They both change in shape.
Alice grows large and small
And Link turns into other creatures.

Nintendo obviously takes a lot of inspiration from Alice. Mario eats mushrooms and grows large too. Thoughts?

wow that is alot of similarities. it could be a coincidence, but i think nintendo did really want to make Majora's Mask to Alice in Wonderland. Certain parts of the story are like certain parts of AiW.
e.g.
keaton- Cheshire cat.
Deku - those flower peple who don't like anyone else than their own kind.

Waker of winds

Finally playing PH!
I think I once read something about MM being inspired in Alice in Wonderland. Something I remember is that they seem alike because they both enter to another world through a hidden portal by chasing someone, in this case, the rabbit and Skull Kid.

CZG

I also noted this. I love Alice in Wonderland!
They are all people who work at video games, but they live in your world too.

23 is number 1!

CZG

How about some legandary hero pulling a sword out of a pedestal while no one else could do so....
Now where did I hear THAT before?

Iv always loved alice in wonderland and majoras mask (which got me started on zelda) i never relized the connection untill you said something about it... thats really neat thanks.

Wow a lot of similarities. I just its a coincidence cause I never thought of similarities to zelda games. Thinking of majoras mask, I never finished it yet. It just doesn't feel like a zelda game at all.

You should definitely finish it! Its a great Zelda game and even though you probably haven't got anywhere out side Clock Town you should still work at it. It might even get to be one of your favorites. Also, that is probably just a coincidence that it is like Alice in Wonderland. Zelda looks like it copies everything: Robin Hoods green clothes, Chuchus and other enemies don't take the same names like other games. 4! This number is used a lot in the game, and in Chinese 4 sounds like death which made it start some numeral religion. (got that 4 thing from Artemis Fowl Atlantis Complex)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom